Back to Digital Transformation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Transformation by BCG

Digital transformation is a hot topic--but what exactly is it and what does it mean for companies? In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia, and led by top-ranked Darden faculty and Boston Consulting Group global management experts, we talk about digital transformation in two ways. First we discuss the pace of change and the imperative it creates for businesses. Next we provide the context for this transformation and what it takes to win in the digital age. Then we walk through BCG's proprietary framework, which helps you identify key areas to digitize, including strategy, core processes, and technology. By the end of this course, you'll be able to: --describe the underlying economics of innovation, technology, and market disruptions --weigh the pros and cons of current digital technologies driving advancement --utilize BCG's digital transformation framework as a "how-to" for digitizing your organization...

GS
Nov 11, 2019

The course gives good examples and is useful for the own Company. I could understand much better why several decision were taken. Amane should very detailed and easy tounderstand (even for foreigners)

LD
Feb 14, 2021

One of the most detailed courses I've studied here in Coursera. I never thought that Digital Transformation would be that broad encompassing multiple fields from Business Strategy to Design Thinking.

26 - 50 of 1,275 Reviews for Digital Transformation

By Zafer K

May 28, 2019

I have come out of the course with more knowledge than I had previously on the subject of DT

Material was very well constructed and the expert interviews provided much insight

Only feedback is the ability to verbally understand some of the presenters clearly and handout material was very basic

By Christopher D

Oct 8, 2020

I am not working and have a lot of free time so I can finish this entire course in just a few weeks. You lock the exams in order to make more money as it is a monthly subscription. If you can only take the exams when you unlock them you make money because the student must spend more money (more months) and you also drastically slow down the rate of learning. I have knocked off the first few course sections quickly only to have the exam opened weeks later, after I have forgotten all of the material I have studied and learned and now would have redo the same material. This is kind of small minded, cheap and a greedy practice. You should have all exams unlocked and ready to be taken WHEN THE STUDENT DECIDES, NOT YOU. So I am canceling this course. Terrible games you play when people are just trying to learn.

By Alvaro G

Mar 12, 2019

not free at all

By Shailesh S

Apr 28, 2020

Super value! Awesome insights into many aspects of business, strategy, operations and technology. Concise content effective in driving the key points. Along with practical examples across industries. I like Prof Michel Lenox and Prof. Aman. Very impressive in their knowledge and delivery. Only 2 pieces of constructive criticism - 1) we should be able to submit answers to the real quizzes (graded) even if we are just auditing the course (we don't care for the certificate but it's good to see how we perform and get some grade at the end of finishing the course!) and 2) week 3 and 4 are toooooooo much in content compressed within 1 week. Maybe both can be divided into at least 2 parts to make it total 6 week course. Anyway, thanks to all involved in making this course (knowledge) available to us.

By Jaime S C

Jul 20, 2019

The course is a perfect first theoretical approach to the Digital Transformation. I have learnt about the technologies that have triggered the Digital Transformation, about disruption and the life cycle of industries and a framework to understand and to speak about Digital Transformation; it has gotten a much more tangible concept for me.

Also it was important for me the part of the course about how a company should face the Digital Transformation, and which tools does it have.

The extension of the course was perfect and it covers all the subjects I expect when I saw the name of the course.

I would have liked to have some written tests, not multianswer ones. I think it is a better way to prove one has learnt something from the lessons.

By Vincent K

Aug 5, 2020

This is an unbelievable course! It is amazing how the course is put together in a precise and concise manner which offers so much educational value. The syllabus is very well put together, in logical sequences which makes learning enjoyable. The videos are also of high quality, and the interviews done with the BCG experts are so insightful! Don't be fooled by thinking it is only a 4-week course and it can only offer basic materials. The materials in this 4-weeks course are immense, because it goes direct to the point and complements it with interviews of real life experiences. I have been 24 years in business and I still find this course very useful. If you are passionate about digital transformation, you really need this course!

By Nilabh U

Thank you for developing such a comprehensive course! This has cleared up the fundamentals of Digital transformation for me and I think this will help me in developing the right mindset to adapt to disruption. The trainers are amazing and explain everything really well.

I would just like to point out that there are many mistakes in subtitles and transcripts which should be corrected to avoid confusion.

I did this course to help my own company as well as consult my clients on their companies journey. I hope this knowledge enables me to advise and help them achieve their business goals.

Looking forward to the next updated version of this course, as we learned that the technological advances are going to keep changing exponentially,

By Nikhil S

Jul 8, 2020

Each module of this course has been designed as a stepping stone in your journey towards digital transformation. The expert interviews helped a lot to again a better perspective of different concepts explained in the course. The framework, facts & figures methodologies, trends are explained in kitchen table language which is very easy to grasp and build upon. Only aspect which I really missed while attending this course was real life case studies, although the expert interviews talked multiple times about digital transformation of journey of some companies. In addition to that, some chapters in the course are a bit old, which definitely need some revisions keeping the in trends in technology and digital capabilities.

By Zaminer S

Apr 13, 2021

Excellent overview for entering the world of Digital Business and Digital Transformation. Great mix of lecturers, interesting real life cases and interviews, very compact format. As a business consultant I very much appreciated the hands-on BCG tool kit in the last module. This course provided a great overview for beginners - now I know where I have to dive deeper. The only critics I would have is that the course was recorded already a few years ago, so references to the "future" years of 2020 /2021 felt a bit awkward , especially in this extremely fast moving segment. Would have been nice to know beforehand, but still, the underlying concepts are great and still not outdated. Highly recommend!

By Arindam D

Apr 22, 2020

Glad to have had the opportunity to pursue the course on “ digital transformation “.

The modules well precisely designed for a non technical, non IT say like us from business domain to have us thoroughly engaged in the exercise.

The speakers were brilliant!

The examples were relevant and the user could connect to those , the interviews with subject matter experts were thought provoking.

Yes beyond the test and the certification, the over all experience was memorable, transformative to our existing mindset and nudged to reaffirm that digital disruption is a reality and is going to impact all spheres, it’s about “when” and not “if” :)

By Dave M

Oct 18, 2019

One word for this course? Fantastic! Even though some explanation are still unclear for me e.g., the concept of Blockchain, the overall of the course was fascinating. I think one point is because the course was a well balanced in both the theoretical and practical. Due to the fact that it is a collaboration of academia (Darden School of Business) on the one side and one of the world most admired management consulting firm (BCG) on the other. One thing that I have a doubt with is the workload of last (4) week. It was exhausted. If possible, divide that into 2 weeks and make the course a 5 weeks long.

By Enes S

Aug 24, 2020

I would like to express my gratefull feelings about the course and the content of the course. It was a great experience for me to gain more knowledge in the field of Digital Transformation and learn all the required techniques to help my team and my organization to solve complex problems with the tools and methods learned from this course. I highly recommned BCG, University of Virgina under the umbrilla of Coursera above all others specially in Digital Transformation. It provides the course materials at your own pace, time and with the best ever support network ever.

By Cordula S

Nov 19, 2019

Thoroughly enjoyed this course. It gave a solid background on concepts of digital transformation, the driving technologies and how large organizations are both impacted as well as how they can manage the process to their advantage. I have been working for technology vendors on the areas of cloud, AI and big data and selling their solutions to large enterprises. This course provided a nice theoretical and practical context that I can use in my high-level engagement with decision-makers. The quality of the content and the presenters are excellent.

By Juhi M

Mar 28, 2021

Happy to complete this very interesting, engaging and challenging course on Coursera by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and University of Virginia. The course gave great insight with case studies and assessments into the Digital trends of past, today and tomorrow such as those of AI, block chain and Industry 4.0 along with how through design thinking and few core enablers one can develop an 'Agile' framework in their organisations. The videos with interviews and insight into innovation labs made this course real, business ready and implementable!

By Wladimir S

Jul 13, 2020

A surprisingly interesting and useful course made by the University of Virginia and BCG collaboration.

All topics are well structured and presented by authors.

I really liked the references and comparisons in this course between "old school" corporates and digital advanced startups, interviews with executive managers who have experience in real transformation cases.

This course is not about IT transformations of businesses, this course about organizational model transformation, culture, and value delivery transformations as well.

By Alok S

May 13, 2020

This was my first course with Coursera and for that matter any online learning platform. I would say the experience has been tremendous and beyond words. The course was very well researched, structured and brilliantly presented. My knowledge level has seen significant uptick on every aspect of digital transformation, the impact, risks and the pitfalls. I am much better prepared to lead or advice on how to move ahead with a digital journey. Great Course!! Thanks to the BCG Team and Darden School, University of Virginia.

By Manish B

May 15, 2020

An excellent insight into the journey of Digital Transformation for large and small scale organizations. It helped me understand and appreciate how digitization, innovation and technology is disrupting the economy and various businesses. The deep dive into understanding trends like Big Data, IOT, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, 3D printing, AI and Block chain followed by the customer-led digital transformation journey with emphasis on Agile was truly insightful. Great job by Ching, Amane, Sonja and Mike. Thank you!

By Canute S

Jul 10, 2019

While I have been following the Digital Transformation trend and its impact on various industries I didn't have then all nailed down into a structure which could be applied / used to analyse a business.

The course did a good job in helping me connect the dots with starting from the basics and going all the way in highlighting the emerging trends which would be most impactful in the future which providing a good framework to make use of the knowledge to drive the digital transformation agenda.

By Chandra S V

Oct 29, 2019

This is a very comprehensive yet intensive course that provides a solid understanding of the "Digital Transformation" by clearing the myths around this broad topic and providing a solid tools & frameworks to enable successful transformations.

A very useful course for those aspiring to get involved in Business Strategy where Digital technologies are bringing lot of uncertainty in the business environment requiring the businesses to rethink/ re-align their strategy to survive and thrive

By Ebad A

Aug 27, 2019

A very good course in collaboration with BCG, Darden, and Coursera. BCG's wide and extensive experience in helping clients from across domains was very helpful in explaining the different challenges faced by organizations and the new trends they are adopting to face the challenges from platforms and startups.

The course provides a very handy framework for individuals to assess the situation and how to go about digitally transforming the company to remain a dominant player in the market.

By José M L G

Apr 15, 2020

Excellent course. Very well structured (it builds up progressively) and ends up with actionable references (knowledge pieces, a solid framework and inspiring examples).

The speakers do a superb job. As well as the interviewees. It's clear it has been extremely well-thought and planned. And very well executed. I liked it. And it's going to be applicable and useful to my company reality.

I wholeheartedly recommend it. But do your best to pass Week 3 and get into Week 4. It's worth it.

By Arihant J

Oct 29, 2020

This course is amazing and is beautifully crafted with enlightening theoretical lectures and discussions with leaders and innovators. The course is a beautiful blend of innovation management and the revolution in digital technologies. It helped me learn the immense potential in the emerging digital technologies in revolutionizing our world and how one can strategically proceed to benefit from the very potential and the common mistakes that should be avoided during digitization.

By Haijing Z

Mar 13, 2021

The course is excellent. The module and task settings are well-balanced my time and focus. The knowledge is solid and the presentation is ease to understand, especially for a beginner of digitization. The interviews are all insightful and practical, which are worth to watch multiple times. Hope there will be more courses or topics from BCG&DARDEN that can support to further strengthen the skillset that can help to practice in real business.

By Jose A R N

Mar 1, 2018

My name is Jose Antonio. I am looking for a new Data Scientist career ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseantonio11)

I did this course as a Coursera Beta Tester, to get new knowledge about Digital Technologies and better understand the digital transformation process.

The course was excellent and the classes well taught by the Teachers.

Congratulations to Coursera team and all the Teachers that contribute for this course.

Regards.

Jose Antonio.

By Francisco M G M

Mar 25, 2021

Very useful to have a good introduction not only to the emerging technologies but also the economics behind them and their impact in businesses. Also, it provides an overview of the key elements on how to transform an organization through digital strategy, digitization and the necessary enablers. Definetively made me look for further training into technologies and their capabilities to change the way businesses can generate more value.