Back to EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian? by The University of Edinburgh

This course is for anyone interested in learning more about Veterinary Medicine, giving a “taster” of courses covered in the first year of a veterinary degree and an idea of what it is like to study Veterinary Medicine....

SK
Dec 14, 2019

The course has been really fascinating and interesting, covering a variety of aspects in the veterinary profession. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone thinking of becoming a vet in the future.

NR
Feb 24, 2018

This course is very suitable for A level students who want to study Veterinary Medicine at university as it covers the role of a vet as well as teaching some basic skills and knowledge. It is bas

401 - 425 of 460 Reviews for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

By Angela W

Nov 8, 2020

I enjoyed this! Lots of different elements. I liked touching off circulation & skeleton anatomy. Maybe could have been pushed a little more to get into some more detail to be really reflective of the course.. E. g. add some pharmacology.

There was probably no need to focus so much on the vet school itself towards the end but nice to get a history lesson.

All of the lecturers were very articulate.

Thank you Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies!

By Wiktoria S

Jul 24, 2019

This course was extremely interesting. It is at a basic level yet very informative, covering many arras such as pathology, animal care and clinical skills. I would have found it more useful to have more summaries and have facts written down especially for week 5. Overall i really enjoyed this course and believe it has expanded my knowledge of veterinary medicine.

By Terri M

Nov 18, 2016

The only thing stopping me from rating 5 stars is that there are questions on the quizzes that are not covered in the lectures or supplementary material. So be sure to have your Google window open and ready during the quiz.

Otherwise, I love the course and am happy to give it a 4 star rating for the quality of the lectures.

By Caitlin S

Aug 24, 2016

A nice taster of veterinary courses. However, some information was already review for me from my undergraduate studies in neuroscience and biology, and although the later weeks were new information, I didn't actually learn a lot of new information. But it was a nice refresher and was easy and interesting.

By Kayla K

Apr 24, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyed this course. The only suggestion I can give is to provide a way through the lecture videos on what information students should pay attention to or highlight. Some of the information I found to be necessary was not on the quizzes. Overall a very informative well put together course!

By Chloe L

Dec 21, 2016

It was a very informative course with a wide variety of videos and additional resources. The only downside, however, was that in some review quizzes (particularly the one for week 5) there were a few questions on subjects that weren't covered in either the videos or the additional resources provided.

By Avas M M

Jul 12, 2020

Well, I finished in just 7 days, and I sill am learning the history.... was it really interesting? I may say my interest wasn't particularly in history but I was amazed. I was addicted upto week 3 and then i started slaging off i dont know why... every teachings was extarordinary...Best of my pets

By Ashleigh P

Jan 12, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed the course and found it provided interesting insights into learning veterinary medicine which I haven't obtained from other research and work experience. Some aspects were quite simple, but overall I think the course gives a good, brief overview of each topic.

By He W

Sep 27, 2016

Thank you for everything in this course, it open a door for me. I like animals and I like to take care of them, during my career, I always thinking to change my job to become a vet. This lesson give me a lot of consideration about my future career. Thank you.

By Amy C

Aug 21, 2020

This was an excellent course to get to grips with what you might come across at university. It really gives you a good insight and the practice quizzes before the assessments are great - more of those would make the course even better!

By George S P

Jun 4, 2020

Very informative, fun and interesting. Would love to see more of Fram. Maybe transcripts of the video lectures would be helpful for those who don't wish to re-watch whole 15 minute episodes. Thank you for the course!

By Ian W W

Oct 2, 2019

A worth while course that allows you to get a taste for the subjects and course structure of a veterinary degree and to see what the profession will include, as well as delving in the history of veterinary medicine.

By Raymond K B

Nov 26, 2016

The knowledge share is really good, thought provoking as well as precise and straight to the point. Although, it is very basic, it refreshes your minds on veterinary practice and new things are learnt.

By Desmond B

Jul 26, 2016

A great introduction to the variety of knowledge and skills a first year veterinary student encounters. Found the content regarding animal care, body systems and clinical skills interesting.

By Diana M G

Jan 8, 2017

Muy interesante y práctico, perfecto para quienes piensan estudiarlo en un futuro. Está bien explicado, así que es posible entenderlo (aunque esté en otro idioma).

By Emily P

Dec 15, 2015

It was a great course with a very good general overview of veterinary studies and the profession. Week 1 definitely could have been broken up into two weeks!

By j. K

Jul 5, 2016

Great lectures and information. I wasn't terribly interested in all of the Week 5 lessons, but still I definitely acknowledge that history is important.

By Ana K S C

Dec 1, 2020

Muy completo para el poco tiempo que lleva, me ayudó mucho a darme una perspectiva de lo que es ser veterinaria, lo recomiendo ampliamente.

By Klaudia K

Nov 23, 2019

Very informative and enjoyable. I found it a very good indication of whether or not Veterinary Medicine was the right choice for me!

By Rosamund S

Apr 11, 2019

Really enjoyed it! Though I worry that because you can just re-take the tests as much as you want it doesn't actually "test" you

By Huey S K

May 31, 2016

Great course if you want to know more about the program in Edinburgh. It's also great for those curious about the profession!

By Alex M

Jan 14, 2016

i think these types of courses are great for students wanting to enroll in a veterinary school. thanks for all your support.

By Jenny S

Nov 22, 2019

some videos can be very long making it hard to focus if you just have to listen to someone speaking for the whole video

By Mabel V

May 12, 2020

Very informative, but I think we could have went a little more in depth into hands-on veterinary material.

By Dave E

Jan 18, 2021

gives a good preface on which you can build a good foundation. No matter what country you are from