Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

DC
Dec 5, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

AA
Apr 17, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

276 - 300 of 820 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Barbara P

Sep 15, 2020

Amazing course! I's a social scientist but I had no problems following the course and completing assignments (except additional ones).

By Charlotte H

Feb 1, 2016

Introductory material presented by an authority in the field. Assignments were not difficult in the least. Entertaining and well done.

By Noman S

Sep 8, 2020

Professor Hitoshi Murayama was excellent. I love this course. Very glad to complete this course. Many thanks to professor Murayama.

By Seyda I E

Jun 12, 2020

It actually a course full of knowledge & if you are interested in astronomy , then after this course you will be eager to know more.

By Juan P M G

Dec 6, 2017

Excellent course with a first class instructor and the history and possible future of the universe. A great introduction to science!

By Thomas L

Jan 1, 2017

Enjoyed this informative course... Some of it was a little over my head, but then a lot has changed science I was in HS and college.

By Anri K

Nov 29, 2020

Very interesting and easy explanation provided by professor, even though I am not good at math/physics. I enjoyed a lot. Thank you!

By Christie B

Jul 15, 2020

Such a great course! Challenging but accessible! Would love to see more courses from Hitoshi Murayama, he was such a great teacher!

By Saurabh P

May 10, 2021

The brilliance of the instructor in maing us understand technical things in easy-to-understand way is what kept the interest going

By Astrophel S

Oct 28, 2020

Excellent course by Prof. Hitoshi Murayama. Course material and lecture videos are well intended for any one to take this courses.

By Kanthi S S

Jul 20, 2020

This is the best course on Coursera! I really loved this course. I learned a lot of new things. Thank you so much for this course>

By KALPNA

Jun 30, 2020

It was such a great series of lectures and very informative one. Also, it induced curiosity in me to know more about the universe.

By Xavier P d C

Dec 5, 2017

Very clear course with a very bright english language. Lots of different and complementary technical overviews. Thank you so much!

By Ana M

Dec 16, 2015

I haven't finished yet, but the teacher is amazing and I am learning a lot. I am really enjoying it. Many thanks for sharing it!

By Vijayalakshmi K

Apr 23, 2018

I wholeheartedly recommend this course to all neophytes , and all polymaths ,who have high interest to know about our universe.

By Paraginee K

Feb 6, 2016

In spite of no background of science I could understand most of this course! That's incredible communication skill! Thank you!

By Kasuntha M

Nov 7, 2020

Great course for Astro geeks to get an overall idea about the universe in brief. Thank you very much for the immense support.

By Eva B

Jul 6, 2020

Fantastic compilation of the major topics. I can only recommend for any beginner and pro, the calculations are also exciting.

By Priyanshu S

Jun 10, 2020

ONE OF THE BEST COURSES ON COURSERA, FULL OF KNOWLEDGE, AND ONE OF THE BEST WAY TO TEACH IS EXPLAINED HERE, A MUST DO COURSE.

By Maíra C A L

Nov 9, 2020

It's a very good course. The professor is just amazing and takes you on a marvilous journey in the hystory of our universe.

By PRADEEP M

Sep 19, 2017

It is an interesting introductory course work. I enjoyed it. Thanks Coursera and Prof. Hitoshi Murayama for your kind help.

By sourabh k

Jul 28, 2020

this course is awsome, i learned lot through this course,i didn't know the universe is such amazing and mysterious place.

By Zain K

Apr 8, 2021

Best Course I ever took!

Highly recommended for Physics and Astronomy Students..

AstroPhysics + Fundamental Laws of nature

By al c

Dec 8, 2019

Very interesting...Hope many people will lake to take this class... Teachers are very explicit about the matter. great.

By omprakash m

Nov 7, 2016

The course gives a very good overview of the current state of knowledge about our universe and is simply to understand.