Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

DC
Dec 5, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

AA
Apr 17, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

151 - 175 of 797 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Alexios P

Oct 12, 2019

By far the best MOOC i have ever had!!! Professor had amazing skills in communicating difficult but also beautiful cosmological subjects. Every minute of this course is a wonderful learning experience. Thank you !

By Hozayfa B

Nov 24, 2019

It was more than excellent course in terms of the modules which cover all the Cosmology, I have learn new things and I really enjoyed. Professor Murayama has clear accent and excellent explanation for the topics.

By Dr R A R A

Oct 9, 2015

It gives a very concise picture of astronomy in a very short time. Many of my concepts are now much more clear after taking this course. A great course and very well organized and presented. I really enjoyed it.

By ADITI N

Aug 18, 2020

Very informative course with amazing teaching method. Everything was very clear and I thoroughly enjoyed learning.

Thank you Hitoshi Murayama sir & The UTokyo Coursera Team for this amazing learning experience.

By Stewart P

Aug 16, 2020

I thought this was great. There are areas I still understand poorly but at least I know what these are and I can revise the areas I don't know well. I enjoyed the update series of lectures too - very exciting.

By TAMMINANA N R

Jul 26, 2020

The explanation is not very ordinary it's way out your expectations . fantastic explanation on how universe has began and dark energy and some on extra dimensions. gravitational waves lecture was extraordinary.

By Samiha T

Jun 4, 2018

This course was awesome in a word. Every lectures were rendered perfectly and in a better understanding way! If anyone has a brief idea about calculus then this courser for astronomy beginners would be perfect!

By Cameron H

Sep 2, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer and I had a lot of fun throughout. It's a great course if you're just starting out or have a longer passionate interest in the subject like me.

By Nivedita R

Aug 28, 2017

It gave a discerning insight into the workings of the universe since the beginning. The way Professor taught was great as he explained everything in terms of real time examples.

Most of all, the course was fun!

By Aisling M

Sep 13, 2017

I loved this course. It was a follow on after an astronomy course. I learned a great deal. And had fun doing so. Hitoshi Murayama is a fantastic lecturer and made the course both interesting and entertaining.

By Gautam K

Feb 18, 2016

Excellent Course. Mr. Murayama is a talented lecturer and he made the subject matter very interesting. Brilliant examples, fun assignments, and a very well paced curriculum and structure. Highly recommended.

By Alok M P

Jun 23, 2020

Like to learn about physics. And this course helped me to bolster my concepts of astrophysics. The explanation is awesome by the Professor. I will encourage physics enthusiastic people to take this course.

By ANDRES H C

Oct 1, 2016

Very interesting, deep enough without using very difficult maths (although I think too much for a person without a minimum background in spite of claiming the information of the course it is not necessary)

By sunil

Jun 17, 2016

Amazing course. Gives a great feel of what has been discovered and what is going on in latest research about the science of universe. I highly recommend this. And I will be waiting for more advance course.

By Kidhar B

Feb 12, 2016

The professor explains concepts is such an easy way, that it is hard to believe the complexity of what you have learn't.

The professor makes this course the most interesting course on the cosmos in coursera

By Mateo N S

Aug 1, 2020

Increíble. Un eterno agradecimiento al profesor por estas sesiones. Quedé más que encantado con su trabajo, su pedagogía y el contenido. Me retiro del curso mucho más alegre y conforme de lo que esperaba.

By Seokchan K

Jul 11, 2020

His lecture reasonably explains complex phenomenons happening around us as well as the entire space. I enjoyed full session of 4 weeks and definitely wish to learn more about it in the future with him.

By Jean Z

Aug 4, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. There are some aspects that are explained in a manner that is too simplified, but it is very easy to understand and gave me a good start on understanding modern physics.

By Gavakshee V

Jan 7, 2018

This was an incredible experience.thanx to u i came to know about our existance in the univerce, how we have formed and what going to happen in the future .knowing all these info was fun..........

By 谭华

Oct 16, 2017

This course has taught me a lot about the universe and increased my horizons. At the same time, the teacher spoke very clearly and comprehensively.This is a very helpful course for me, Thank you!

By Keerthi.G

May 1, 2020

this course was very informative, i gained knowledge of various topics which were unknown to me. and this kept my interest going. thank you for this wonderful course it was really an eye opener

By Jin

Apr 29, 2020

Prof Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. Very clear and vivid introduction to astrophysics and related cutting-edge experiments. Thanks for giving this course! Looking forward to hear more.

By Jorge M H P

Aug 20, 2020

I'm very happy to finished this course and this was a really awesome journey into the knowledge of the universe, thank you so much to professor Murayama for explained it in a such easy way.

By Vasileios K

Jan 1, 2017

Maybe the best course I have taken so far. Very interesting subject great professor and perfect distribution of content. Would like to see another course by professor Murayama in the future.

By Lauren F

Feb 29, 2016

This was an excellent course! It was very interesting, well-explained, and easy to follow (even for someone like me, who isn't necessarily up-to-date on mathematics). Can't recommend enough!