Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

AA

Apr 18, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

DC

Dec 06, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

251 - 275 of 728 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Kanthi S S

Jul 20, 2020

This is the best course on Coursera! I really loved this course. I learned a lot of new things. Thank you so much for this course>

By KALPNA

Jun 30, 2020

It was such a great series of lectures and very informative one. Also, it induced curiosity in me to know more about the universe.

By Xavier P d C

Dec 05, 2017

Very clear course with a very bright english language. Lots of different and complementary technical overviews. Thank you so much!

By Ana M

Dec 16, 2015

I haven't finished yet, but the teacher is amazing and I am learning a lot. I am really enjoying it. Many thanks for sharing it!

By Vijayalakshmi K

Apr 23, 2018

I wholeheartedly recommend this course to all neophytes , and all polymaths ,who have high interest to know about our universe.

By Paraginee K

Feb 06, 2016

In spite of no background of science I could understand most of this course! That's incredible communication skill! Thank you!

By Eva B

Jul 06, 2020

Fantastic compilation of the major topics. I can only recommend for any beginner and pro, the calculations are also exciting.

By Priyanshu S

Jun 10, 2020

ONE OF THE BEST COURSES ON COURSERA, FULL OF KNOWLEDGE, AND ONE OF THE BEST WAY TO TEACH IS EXPLAINED HERE, A MUST DO COURSE.

By PRADEEP M

Sep 19, 2017

It is an interesting introductory course work. I enjoyed it. Thanks Coursera and Prof. Hitoshi Murayama for your kind help.

By sourabh k

Jul 28, 2020

this course is awsome, i learned lot through this course,i didn't know the universe is such amazing and mysterious place.

By alberto l c n

Dec 08, 2019

Very interesting...Hope many people will lake to take this class... Teachers are very explicit about the matter. great.

By omprakash m

Nov 08, 2016

The course gives a very good overview of the current state of knowledge about our universe and is simply to understand.

By SHREYA M

Sep 13, 2020

Wonderful course. Thanks a lot to Professor Murayama for explaining so clearly. I have enjoyed through out the course.

By Ajinkya G

Apr 10, 2020

I enjoyed this course it helped me a lot in knowing about the things going out in the universe and also about the past

By Danielle S

Jun 10, 2019

Incredibly informative about the history of astronomic discovery, providing just enough information to fuel curiosity.

By Anna K

May 17, 2017

Thank you for such an amazing course! I'm a historian, but this is the most interesting course I've been through here.

By Xiaoyao Y

Feb 10, 2016

This course is informative and very interesting, the Professor explains concenpts in a clear way. Thank you so much!

By alina

Oct 31, 2015

Thank you very much. I finally understood the essence of the theory of relativity.It is very very interesting course.

By Tina B

May 07, 2020

One of the best courses I´ve taken. For anyone that is interested in the Universe and want to better understand it.

By Akshay P

Aug 01, 2020

Highly Recommended..!!

Professor Murayama made it very interesting and at the same time quite simple to understand.

By Dmitry

May 26, 2018

This course is one of the most complete and at the same time short set of lectures about physics of the universe.

By Ruoshui L

Dec 09, 2015

Inspiring! I love this course, and my deepest thank to the professor for bringing so much insight, wonder and fun

By Tamim M

Nov 17, 2015

Very good and complete course.

After this course you will feel fulfilled and know you have accomplished something.

By Lorraine M T

Aug 19, 2020

Good course

It was definitely, different but inn a good way. Thank you for enlightening me with these knowledge.

By Juan A

Prof. Hotishi Murayama is an excellent teacher. Passionate, fun and very clear to explain. Thank you very much!