Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

AA

Apr 18, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

DC

Dec 06, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

276 - 300 of 728 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Ruben S

Dec 21, 2015

Very good course, superbly explained. He really knows his stuff. I'd recommend this course anytime, hands down.

By Irfan R

Jul 01, 2020

Excellent course! Liked Professor Hitoshi Murayama very much, the way he teaches is very simple to understand.

By Balaji D

May 15, 2020

Awesome. Thanks Coursera.. Best part was that I can learn at my own pace and the concepts were well explained.

By ءآلاء ن

Aug 27, 2018

it's so helpful, and actually Dr. murayama became from the most perfect professors I saw in my life, thank you

By Mauricio D

May 14, 2018

Amazing course for those looking to understand the nature and beauty of this universe for what we know so far.

By Mirza L M

Jan 20, 2017

This is an awesome course.The simulation are very practical and helpful. You will know many interesting facts.

By Paras D

Jun 05, 2020

This is an amazing course and is evaluative even for a high school student with no knowledge of mathematics !

By Erick F V

Apr 02, 2016

Excellent, I dont know a lot of word because I speak spanish if the course was in spanish it would be amazing

By Takumi H

Dec 29, 2015

Very interesting. If you were curious about what is happening in this universe, you should take this course.

By Chinmay W

Aug 27, 2018

Good course to understand the basics about how the Universe began and what it holds in store for the future.

By Christos G

Jul 11, 2017

Outstanding teacher(professor or educator, whatever the title is)! You will adore cosmology! I am impressed!

By Ági

Jun 08, 2020

Engaging professor, understandable explanations.

I recommend it to everyone who is interested in this topic.

By Nikhil

Oct 18, 2017

Professor Murayama teaches very well and with great patience and instills one's interest in the asrtronomy.

By Yiluo L

Feb 21, 2016

Awesome course! Recommend it for anyone who is interested in Astrophysics but doesn't know where to start!

By Sander B

Dec 28, 2015

Interesting course and a nice start into gaining more knowledge about the universe and what its future is.

By Tobias M

Nov 05, 2016

awesome course, perfect for learning interesting stuff in your free-time, please more and longer courses!

By Nediljko R

Jan 19, 2016

Really nice course. I would highly recommend to anyone interested in entry level physics of the Universe.

By Neil S

May 16, 2020

My first ever MOOC successfully completed. I thoroughly enjoyed the course. It was compelling.

By Martin L

Apr 18, 2020

This is really an amazing course and it have given me a great sense of the galaxy that we are living in.

By Prerana K

Sep 08, 2017

Great explanations for young people like me, who have an interest in the subject and wish to explore it.

By Paras A

Mar 29, 2020

This course instructor has explained each and every concept very well. Also, the course is very useful.

By antonio b

Feb 09, 2020

From the simple physics ideas to the advanced in neutrino/ark energy research ... very good story line.

By Adith P M

Apr 04, 2019

Good course. Although needs a little harder level of quizzes to stimulate the mind. Definite recommend.

By SIDDHARTH S

Jun 30, 2020

Prof Murayama is a very great teacher. He teaches along with giving examples which makes him too good.

By RAGHURAM I

Jun 29, 2020

Good, simplified teaching of my interesting topics have taught in a inspiring way thank you professor.