Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

AA
Apr 17, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

DC
Dec 5, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

276 - 300 of 797 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Saurabh P

May 10, 2021

The brilliance of the instructor in maing us understand technical things in easy-to-understand way is what kept the interest going

By Astrophel S

Oct 28, 2020

Excellent course by Prof. Hitoshi Murayama. Course material and lecture videos are well intended for any one to take this courses.

By Kanthi S S

Jul 20, 2020

This is the best course on Coursera! I really loved this course. I learned a lot of new things. Thank you so much for this course>

By KALPNA

Jun 30, 2020

It was such a great series of lectures and very informative one. Also, it induced curiosity in me to know more about the universe.

By Xavier P d C

Dec 5, 2017

Very clear course with a very bright english language. Lots of different and complementary technical overviews. Thank you so much!

By Ana M

Dec 16, 2015

I haven't finished yet, but the teacher is amazing and I am learning a lot. I am really enjoying it. Many thanks for sharing it!

By Vijayalakshmi K

Apr 23, 2018

I wholeheartedly recommend this course to all neophytes , and all polymaths ,who have high interest to know about our universe.

By Paraginee K

Feb 6, 2016

In spite of no background of science I could understand most of this course! That's incredible communication skill! Thank you!

By Kasuntha M

Nov 7, 2020

Great course for Astro geeks to get an overall idea about the universe in brief. Thank you very much for the immense support.

By Eva B

Jul 6, 2020

Fantastic compilation of the major topics. I can only recommend for any beginner and pro, the calculations are also exciting.

By Priyanshu S

Jun 10, 2020

ONE OF THE BEST COURSES ON COURSERA, FULL OF KNOWLEDGE, AND ONE OF THE BEST WAY TO TEACH IS EXPLAINED HERE, A MUST DO COURSE.

By Maíra C A L

Nov 9, 2020

It's a very good course. The professor is just amazing and takes you on a marvilous journey in the hystory of our universe.

By PRADEEP M

Sep 19, 2017

It is an interesting introductory course work. I enjoyed it. Thanks Coursera and Prof. Hitoshi Murayama for your kind help.

By sourabh k

Jul 28, 2020

this course is awsome, i learned lot through this course,i didn't know the universe is such amazing and mysterious place.

By Zain K

Apr 8, 2021

Best Course I ever took!

Highly recommended for Physics and Astronomy Students..

AstroPhysics + Fundamental Laws of nature

By al c

Dec 8, 2019

Very interesting...Hope many people will lake to take this class... Teachers are very explicit about the matter. great.

By omprakash m

Nov 7, 2016

The course gives a very good overview of the current state of knowledge about our universe and is simply to understand.

By SHREYA M

Sep 13, 2020

Wonderful course. Thanks a lot to Professor Murayama for explaining so clearly. I have enjoyed through out the course.

By Ajinkya G

Apr 10, 2020

I enjoyed this course it helped me a lot in knowing about the things going out in the universe and also about the past

By Danielle S

Jun 10, 2019

Incredibly informative about the history of astronomic discovery, providing just enough information to fuel curiosity.

By Anna K

May 17, 2017

Thank you for such an amazing course! I'm a historian, but this is the most interesting course I've been through here.

By Amanda A

Feb 8, 2021

This course is absolutely fascinating, and totally accessible even for those with no physics or astronomy background!

By Xiaoyao Y

Feb 10, 2016

This course is informative and very interesting, the Professor explains concenpts in a clear way. Thank you so much!

By alina

Oct 31, 2015

Thank you very much. I finally understood the essence of the theory of relativity.It is very very interesting course.

By tina b

May 7, 2020

One of the best courses I´ve taken. For anyone that is interested in the Universe and want to better understand it.