Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

AA
Apr 17, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

DC
Dec 5, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

326 - 350 of 751 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By No'maan A R

Sep 25, 2020

A great teacher Professor Hitoshi Murayama. Learned a lot. Thanks also to University of Tokyo.

By Carlos R

Jun 11, 2018

Very interesting topics, and the lecturer explains difficult concepts in a easy and clear way.

By Rogerio G B

Sep 5, 2019

The course is fantastic. I got knowledge I didn't have. Congratulations to Professor Hitoshi.

By Robbie Y

May 22, 2020

Pretty solid course, I understood it well even with a limited mathematics/physics background

By Chavarria G

Oct 18, 2019

Congratulations, it was very easy to understand these complex concepts. Thank you very much.

By Adnan S

Sep 8, 2018

I really enjoyed this mooc. I would love to see more courses from professor Hitoshi Murayama

By Rulx N

Oct 15, 2016

Very interresting course! I have learned a ot about the Big Bang processe and the inflation.

By Joydeep S

May 9, 2020

Really very much like classroom content. The lectures and the quizzes are highly standard.

By Joseph T

Apr 10, 2020

Great overview of the current state of cosmology and astronomy. Would recommend to anyone!

By David M a

Apr 29, 2016

A great course for the beginner to get their teeth into, very well taught and interesting.

By Carlo A S

Jul 5, 2020

It was a interesting course, the professor was very clear a didactic in your explanation.

By William R H

Mar 21, 2020

Excellent course for anyone interested in the subject. Especially for non mathematicians.

By Priscila O

Sep 30, 2018

It worth taking this course. It's excellent to an interested layman in astronomy like me.

By Koustav D

Aug 16, 2020

Love the way of teaching of the professor. It was very interesting & informative course.

By Han Z

Dec 22, 2015

对宇宙学的相关知识有一个非常完整的介绍,从宇宙的诞生,到星系的形成,暗物质的假说,宇宙暴涨,加速碰撞和暗能量,宇宙可能的结局等。无需物理学和数学知识,即能够实现基本概念的掌握。

By B. N k

Aug 2, 2020

very useful course for all And astonomy, cosmology, astrophysics, and Phyhsics students

By BEZAWADA A B

Jul 8, 2020

the explanation and the examples given made this course easy to understand and complete

By Alejandro G Á

Great introductory course to understand better the most important mysteries in physics!

By Hatish G

Mar 14, 2019

I really love this course. This helped me to understand the basic concepts of Universe.

By Carlos A S C

Jan 3, 2016

very interesting!!. I´ve learned so many things in it, that I can use in my daily life.

By Ranen K P

Sep 17, 2020

Great way for understanding the Universe and the Laws governing by our Great Professor

By Sue A D

Jun 12, 2020

Fantastic course, challenging and so interesting. Loved the tutor, really recommend...

By Siyuan L

Mar 6, 2016

Overall a really good course. I learnt a lot about astronomy from this 4-week course.

By Eréndira F H

Feb 7, 2017

Great professor! great sense of humor, comprehensible way, essential data. Loved it!

By Divesh N

Mar 8, 2016

clear explanation and is helping a lot to broaden my general knowledge. Thanks a lot