Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

AA
Apr 17, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

DC
Dec 5, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

326 - 350 of 792 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Youssif H

Feb 5, 2021

It's nice and the astronomy in it is quite simple but I am 9 years old so I didn't understand the math.

By PARAS A

Mar 29, 2020

This course instructor has explained each and every concept very well. Also, the course is very useful.

By antonio b

Feb 9, 2020

From the simple physics ideas to the advanced in neutrino/ark energy research ... very good story line.

By Adith P M

Apr 4, 2019

Good course. Although needs a little harder level of quizzes to stimulate the mind. Definite recommend.

By pedro c a

Mar 9, 2021

This course has a very fine teacher and a very,very interesting approach of the theme. Congratulations

By SIDDHARTH S

Jun 30, 2020

Prof Murayama is a very great teacher. He teaches along with giving examples which makes him too good.

By RAGHURAM I

Jun 29, 2020

Good, simplified teaching of my interesting topics have taught in a inspiring way thank you professor.

By Yashasvi S

Jun 13, 2020

The Course is descriptive & easy to understand, i now understand my universe better than I did before.

By NIKHIL R

May 12, 2020

Very very interesting course. I loved it. It has lot of information and guide is very much interactive

By Ashutosh S

Sep 6, 2020

excellent course to learn about the origin of the universe and very nicely explained by the professor

By Michael C

Jun 17, 2020

Excellent course with a lot of detailed information. I liked the instructor also Dr. Murayama.

cheers

By MADHU M R

Mar 21, 2021

One of the best courses which i have attended. Really awesome, every one should have this knowledge.

By Валентина Д

Jul 2, 2020

Interesting and exciting course. Professor Murayama explains everything in a rather simple language.

By Colleen M

Feb 12, 2017

Very interesting course. The Lecturer explained things in simple terms making it easy to understand

By DIBYA K

Jan 7, 2021

I must say, that it is one among the best courses I've ever enrolled.

The way sir taught is amazing.

By Emilio V B

Aug 13, 2020

A FANTASTIC course, for both those new to the world of modern physics and more experienced learners

By German Q

Oct 3, 2016

Excellent course!

Great updated information with crisp explanations from professor Michihiro Kandori

By Ivanova A

Apr 11, 2019

Amazing! Very Interesting and understandable course! I like the professor fro University of Tokyo

By Nikolay M

Apr 2, 2016

Very good course.

Gives a strong knowledge of space and universe to those who seek that knowledge.

By Riadus S

Jun 27, 2020

That was very impressive. I enjoyed the whole course. Thank you, Professor, thank you, Coursera.

By K S

Jun 10, 2020

A beautiful course which opens new dimensions to space and lesser known facts about the universe

By Mike D

Oct 1, 2015

Great course though at sometimes the images in the background were more distracting than useful.

By Maya C N

May 2, 2020

Very well taught and engaging !! Made even complex notions and theories easily understandable !

By Andrew M

Jun 23, 2018

Very interesting material, and clearly explained, despite some concepts being pretty difficult.

By Claudio M

May 31, 2017

A very clear exposition about the evolution of the universe and each one of the new postulates.