Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

AA

Apr 18, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

DC

Dec 06, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

126 - 150 of 586 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Mohammed M

Apr 01, 2018

The course covered all the basics one has to know about the Bigbang and its possible fates. I really enjoyed a lot. Thank You so much Professor Murayama. Thanks to the whole team as well !

By Alexandr M

May 06, 2017

Very interesting course. Big part of course I had learned individually, by Internet publications, but some new information I found in this course. Thank You very much for this great job!!!

By MALMARTEL

Apr 25, 2016

Very interesting.

Professor Murayama explains really well lots of things with... few times. This course is very intensive

but so interesting.

If you like astronomy you cannot miss this one!

By Sankha S d

Oct 29, 2019

An excellent course for starters and also for someone who wants to brush up their concepts about the fundamentals of the big bang, dark matter, and dark energy. A beautifully put course

By Leah F

Sep 26, 2018

I love the content, because it is exactly what I am interested in. More importantly, I really enjoyed Professor Murayama's teaching style because it was so engaging, clear and very fun!

By Rajneil B

Mar 03, 2016

The course is really good. It touches various topics of cosmology. Moreover not too much of mathematics is used. And Hitoshi Sir was really good in the explanations. Highly recommended.

By Ignatius P

Apr 18, 2020

It was a great course and the presentations are very useful Prof. Murayama explained everything quite nicely and simply. It has motivated me to learn more about the Universe. Thank you

By 朱鹏轩

Dec 27, 2016

this course introduces the whole story from big bang to Dark Matter and Dark Energy, with a few math. It is not hard for any one who got a high school degree to understand the details.

By Aziz A

it's an honour studying attending prof. Hitoshi lectures... the way he demonstrates the big questions of the universe is astonishing and I really want to join his Institute in future.

By Daniel A v

Aug 07, 2019

Excellent, although my English is low, I am really very happy, because I have learned a lot, the teacher explains in a very didactic way, it is wonderful to learn in this environment.

By Debbie T

Aug 23, 2017

Very interesting; helpful tip would be remember your calculus or learn it; you'll get more out of the class. Perhaps a calc refresher during the orientation? Just an idea professor

By Haleema H

Jun 25, 2020

this course really helped me understand more about the Big bang and also dark energy. It wasn't super challenging but it wasn't easy either. I really truly recommend this course. :)

By yuuko y

Feb 28, 2019

Thank You Hitoshi Murayama, Your lectures and problems are very fun, very easy to understand. I really enjoyed the course. I took this course in 2013, thank you additional lectures.

By George V P

Jun 14, 2017

Very interesting course.

Hold on for the last part of the course - that particles physics is hardcore.

The tutor is really gifted and it has been a pleasure taking part in this course

By Matthew

Mar 05, 2018

This is an exceptional course, very interesting and informative. And i will be looking for other courses by the lecturer as he makes it all very interesting with a personal touch.

By Krish

May 30, 2017

WOW! This course was pretty much intensive and helped me answer a lot of pondering questions in just few weeks. The course content was structured in the most appropriate manner.

By Anisha P

Jun 13, 2020

Excellent teacher! He can make you understand the concepts of universe in such a simple and profound way that even if you are not good at physics, you’ll end up getting hooked!

By Kam C F

Jun 10, 2016

Prof. Hitoshi Murayama gives a clear presentation on the most important topics in modern physics. As I am a physics student, I really appreciate Prof. Hitoshi Murayama's class.

By stan c

Nov 22, 2019

It is a very good course but only for people who start learning about the universe. If you already know a lot about the universe, I should take another, more difficult course.

By ACADEMAN

May 28, 2017

Really well done course! Professor Murayama did an excellent job of presenting the material. Came away with new insight and knowledge on up to date data from current science.

By Jorge R C

Oct 17, 2016

Excelente curso, se requiere un conocimiento básico de física y matemáticas, para comprender el contexto del curso, pero para entender la esencia basta con poner atención.

By Cecilia d T

Apr 21, 2016

I loved this course (in spite of my poor performance in the mathematics related parts of the lecture). The presentation made dense and difficult concepts understandable.

By Julian V

May 22, 2016

This course offered a well organized and clearly articulated presentation to understanding of the complexity of the universe. I would highly recommend taking this class.

By Chris L

Oct 23, 2015

Very interesting, non-technical overview of modern day Physics, and the mystery of the Big Bang. Highly recommended for anyone with or without a mathematical background.

By Joanie G

May 06, 2020

What a wonderful course. Great teacher who explained theory very well with added sense of humour which was very much appreciated. Am only sorry that it came to an end.