Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

DC

Dec 06, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

AA

Apr 18, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

176 - 200 of 728 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Anna J

Sep 01, 2020

Great course! I took this course to broaden my knowledge, being a physicist from another discipline. I loved this course and am inspired to go further into the subject of cosmology.

By Haleema H

Jun 25, 2020

this course really helped me understand more about the Big bang and also dark energy. It wasn't super challenging but it wasn't easy either. I really truly recommend this course. :)

By yuuko y

Feb 28, 2019

Thank You Hitoshi Murayama, Your lectures and problems are very fun, very easy to understand. I really enjoyed the course. I took this course in 2013, thank you additional lectures.

By George V P

Jun 14, 2017

Very interesting course.

Hold on for the last part of the course - that particles physics is hardcore.

The tutor is really gifted and it has been a pleasure taking part in this course

By Matthew

Mar 05, 2018

This is an exceptional course, very interesting and informative. And i will be looking for other courses by the lecturer as he makes it all very interesting with a personal touch.

By TUSHAR A

Aug 09, 2020

it is the great lecture series by the sir, i even unknown how the universe exist and how it works ? while studying higgs boson( god particle ) its really interesting THANKS A LOT

By Richard M

Aug 05, 2020

Thank You Professor Hitoshi Murayama, it was a great course and you are a great lecturer. You motivated me to continue my studies in math and physics with an emphasis cosmology.

By Krish

May 30, 2017

WOW! This course was pretty much intensive and helped me answer a lot of pondering questions in just few weeks. The course content was structured in the most appropriate manner.

By Anisha P

Jun 13, 2020

Excellent teacher! He can make you understand the concepts of universe in such a simple and profound way that even if you are not good at physics, you’ll end up getting hooked!

By Kam C F

Jun 10, 2016

Prof. Hitoshi Murayama gives a clear presentation on the most important topics in modern physics. As I am a physics student, I really appreciate Prof. Hitoshi Murayama's class.

By stan c

Nov 22, 2019

It is a very good course but only for people who start learning about the universe. If you already know a lot about the universe, I should take another, more difficult course.

By ACADEMAN

May 28, 2017

Really well done course! Professor Murayama did an excellent job of presenting the material. Came away with new insight and knowledge on up to date data from current science.

By Mohammad R I

Oct 10, 2020

It was really great enrolling this course. Thanks to professor Hitoshi Murayama for arranging this course in such a systematic way. I am glad to have this course completed.

By Jorge R C

Oct 17, 2016

Excelente curso, se requiere un conocimiento básico de física y matemáticas, para comprender el contexto del curso, pero para entender la esencia basta con poner atención.

By Cecilia d T

Apr 21, 2016

I loved this course (in spite of my poor performance in the mathematics related parts of the lecture). The presentation made dense and difficult concepts understandable.

By Julian V

May 22, 2016

This course offered a well organized and clearly articulated presentation to understanding of the complexity of the universe. I would highly recommend taking this class.

By Chris L

Oct 23, 2015

Very interesting, non-technical overview of modern day Physics, and the mystery of the Big Bang. Highly recommended for anyone with or without a mathematical background.

By Mullaikani

Oct 21, 2020

The best course.loved it.Learnt many things and the prof.was very engaging and explained many concepts in a simpler way that made us understand the concept clearly....

By JohnPerkins

Sep 09, 2020

Totally loved this course. Great teaching and insight from a Professor on top of his game. I did the course to feed my curiosity of all things Astrophysics. Thank you!

By Tim R

Sep 09, 2020

Top course, with easy to understand terminology and calculus. Thanks for explaining complex topics in a understandable way by using metafors out of a normal daily life.

By Joanie G

May 06, 2020

What a wonderful course. Great teacher who explained theory very well with added sense of humour which was very much appreciated. Am only sorry that it came to an end.

By Savya V M

Aug 25, 2020

too good! describes almost everything about the cosmos from scratch to its most complex and unsolved mysteries. Very happy on the decision to enroll in this course!

By Kai W

Jun 07, 2020

Really good explanations and a nice sense of humor. Appreciate the question at the end of each video that links the videos together to explain the overall question.

By Mithun B M

May 09, 2020

Very informative and useful. I'm only 15 and I can understand all of this with clarity. Would be better if it was updated as whole instead of adding extra lectures.

By Alexandra H

Jun 13, 2017

What a great way to learn a lot about the Universe in a short space of time. Well done to Professor Hitoshi Murayama for putting together such a stimulating course!