Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

DC

Dec 06, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

AA

Apr 18, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

176 - 200 of 592 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Aqsha H S

Nov 20, 2019

amazing best instructors mentors mostly @christy read answered a lot of my stupid questions and sometimes even good ones loved it amazing time!

By Steve P

Apr 22, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and it helped my understanding of the dark matter and dark energy and their role in our universe and the big bang.

By Abdellah b

Apr 30, 2020

I loved the way everything was set up, I admired also how the professor was reciting his lectures and the order he chose to present his course

By Peter G

Mar 30, 2020

Professor Murayama's explanations are excellent. Not too detailed, just enough. You can get a lot out of the course whilst ignoring the maths.

By Navneet P

Jun 26, 2020

it's a very interesting course. it was a kind of journey .i learned a lot from it, and I would recommend

it to anyone who loves astrophysics.

By Peiqi H

Sep 16, 2017

Really interesting, give a brief introduction and also some awesome projects going on around the world. Love it, will come back and review.

By Unnat A

Feb 26, 2020

Beautiful course. Perfect for beginners and not only teaches the concepts but also how learn any concept to be able to play around with it

By Bharath T V

Mar 23, 2017

It was an excellent course with things broken to layman terms. I loved it. Looking forward to have more courses from Murayama sensei :)

By Anna L

Apr 10, 2016

very nice course. I found the way the material was presented interesting to follow and learn something new even I had cosmology before.

By Ayan

Jan 05, 2016

Just awesome. The way course was designed was great. Will highly recommend every one who wants to have a understanding of the universe.

By Charlotte H

Feb 01, 2016

Introductory material presented by an authority in the field. Assignments were not difficult in the least. Entertaining and well done.

By Seyda I E

Jun 12, 2020

It actually a course full of knowledge & if you are interested in astronomy , then after this course you will be eager to know more.

By Juan P M G

Dec 07, 2017

Excellent course with a first class instructor and the history and possible future of the universe. A great introduction to science!

By Thomas L

Jan 01, 2017

Enjoyed this informative course... Some of it was a little over my head, but then a lot has changed science I was in HS and college.

By KALPNA

Jun 30, 2020

It was such a great series of lectures and very informative one. Also, it induced curiosity in me to know more about the universe.

By Xavier P d C

Dec 05, 2017

Very clear course with a very bright english language. Lots of different and complementary technical overviews. Thank you so much!

By Mothiswaran

Jan 07, 2020

The informations provided in this course is useful to feed my curiosity about the universe,and I really thank professor murayama.

By Ana M

Dec 16, 2015

I haven't finished yet, but the teacher is amazing and I am learning a lot. I am really enjoying it. Many thanks for sharing it!

By Vijayalakshmi K

Apr 23, 2018

I wholeheartedly recommend this course to all neophytes , and all polymaths ,who have high interest to know about our universe.

By Paraginee K

Feb 06, 2016

In spite of no background of science I could understand most of this course! That's incredible communication skill! Thank you!

By Eva B

Jul 06, 2020

Fantastic compilation of the major topics. I can only recommend for any beginner and pro, the calculations are also exciting.

By Priyanshu S

Jun 10, 2020

ONE OF THE BEST COURSES ON COURSERA, FULL OF KNOWLEDGE, AND ONE OF THE BEST WAY TO TEACH IS EXPLAINED HERE, A MUST DO COURSE.

By PRADEEP M

Sep 19, 2017

It is an interesting introductory course work. I enjoyed it. Thanks Coursera and Prof. Hitoshi Murayama for your kind help.

By alberto l c n

Dec 08, 2019

Very interesting...Hope many people will lake to take this class... Teachers are very explicit about the matter. great.

By omprakash m

Nov 08, 2016

The course gives a very good overview of the current state of knowledge about our universe and is simply to understand.