Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

AA
Apr 17, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

DC
Dec 5, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

226 - 250 of 749 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Tania R Á

Apr 24, 2020

Es un curso que muestra de manera ordenada y "sencilla" como llegamos y todos los avances que han dado lugar al entendimiento (una parte) del Universo.

By Vid M

Dec 14, 2015

Excelente combination of theoretical physics and related mathematical explanations. Gave me more insight into physics in general than i was hoping for.

By Kumara K

Aug 22, 2020

Excellent, Excellent and Excellent. We need more and more this kind of courses from Prof. Hitoshi Murayama who is greatly done justice to this course.

By Vladislav F

Jun 17, 2018

Great course! I am always intrested in physics and astronomy, but this course gave me some really exiting knoweledge about our universe. Thanks a lot!

By 大谷一夫

Dec 1, 2019

Wonderful course! I enjoyed splendid and condensed lecture by Prof. Murayama. It gave me motivation to try to higher level study. Thank you so much.

By Астроном Л

May 8, 2020

Потрясающий профессор Хитоши Маруяма, очень интересная подача, презентации, приятный английский (для русских точно), мне дико понравилось, 12 из 10

By Michel A

Oct 22, 2019

What a wonderful course given by the professor. I could not imagine having covered this material any better than in this course. Thank you so much!

By nevelin y i

Mar 6, 2019

Depende como se lo toma uno ,se puede aprender mucho o muchisimo a lo largo del curso.Exselente, es una gran experiencia en el mar de la ciencia.

By Gabriela D A

Jan 16, 2016

Very interesting course, with clear explanations and easy to follow!!! I loved it! Strongly recommend for those with any interest in the universe!

By Nusrat H

Apr 30, 2020

Professor Hitoshi Murayama explained such complex ideas so easily. I loved the course and got engaged so easily. I also learned so much from this

By Aqsha H S

Nov 20, 2019

amazing best instructors mentors mostly @christy read answered a lot of my stupid questions and sometimes even good ones loved it amazing time!

By Amala P

Sep 29, 2020

Hitoshi is such a delightfully qurky teacher, and the optional challenges mean everyone with or without a physics background can gain something!

By Steve P

Apr 21, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and it helped my understanding of the dark matter and dark energy and their role in our universe and the big bang.

By abdellah b

Apr 30, 2020

I loved the way everything was set up, I admired also how the professor was reciting his lectures and the order he chose to present his course

By Peter G

Mar 30, 2020

Professor Murayama's explanations are excellent. Not too detailed, just enough. You can get a lot out of the course whilst ignoring the maths.

By Navneet P

Jun 26, 2020

it's a very interesting course. it was a kind of journey .i learned a lot from it, and I would recommend

it to anyone who loves astrophysics.

By Peiqi H

Sep 15, 2017

Really interesting, give a brief introduction and also some awesome projects going on around the world. Love it, will come back and review.

By Unnat A

Feb 25, 2020

Beautiful course. Perfect for beginners and not only teaches the concepts but also how learn any concept to be able to play around with it

By Asude Ç

Sep 15, 2020

Very informative course, Mr Murayama is very funny and good at keeping the attention to the course. Answered all my questions. Thank you.

By Bharath T V

Mar 23, 2017

It was an excellent course with things broken to layman terms. I loved it. Looking forward to have more courses from Murayama sensei :)

By Anna L

Apr 10, 2016

very nice course. I found the way the material was presented interesting to follow and learn something new even I had cosmology before.

By Ayan

Jan 5, 2016

Just awesome. The way course was designed was great. Will highly recommend every one who wants to have a understanding of the universe.

By Barbara P

Sep 15, 2020

Amazing course! I's a social scientist but I had no problems following the course and completing assignments (except additional ones).

By Charlotte H

Feb 1, 2016

Introductory material presented by an authority in the field. Assignments were not difficult in the least. Entertaining and well done.

By Noman S

Sep 7, 2020

Professor Hitoshi Murayama was excellent. I love this course. Very glad to complete this course. Many thanks to professor Murayama.