Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

AA

Apr 18, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

DC

Dec 06, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

201 - 225 of 705 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Ken S

Dec 28, 2015

Great course, the professor keeps it straightforward, interesting and fun/light-hearted. Highly recommend it to anyone new to Cosmology and particle physics.

By yui k

Jun 23, 2020

Loved this course so much. He is so talented in teaching difficult concepts in plain words. Also, I am so proud of being a Japanese. Japan did a great job.

By Aashish N

Jul 24, 2020

Really good course.It helped me understand concepts related to universe that i always wanted to learn and has helped me develop a good interest in astronomy.

By Hélène C

Jul 08, 2020

I learned a lot with this course, and Professor Murayama has a very lively and clear way to explain things. Thank you very much, I enjoyed this course a lot.

By Mousa A A

Dec 21, 2015

Very good to get general Idea about the big bang, higgs boson, dark matter, dark energy, and antimatter. How were they discovered and what are their effects.

By Naveen M P

Jan 07, 2016

Nice course overall. On B-mode polarization, the recent results from the BICEP2 observatory was something that I expected to feature in the course content.

By Himanshu S K

It is AWESOME.I LOVED IT. It is so informative .thank you hitoshi sir.great job .I would like to visit the places like hyper k .thank you😊😎😀❤❤❤🥰🤩😘😍

By Petar T

Nov 09, 2016

Fantastic course! Awesome professor, very witty humorous and creative in explaining! Big recommendation for this course! Hope to see more like these ones!

By Kunnu K

Jun 13, 2020

Time worth spent. Dr. Maruyama presented the content in a clear and coherent way. It was wonderful to see how his material all stitched in a logical way.

By Ritabrata B

Aug 01, 2020

Every classes were intense and deeply described. The analysis is so good that we have learnt the topic very well. Thanks for such to the point teaching.

By Sidhartha S S

Dec 04, 2018

I personally liked the course very much. Professor Murayama is an exceptionally good teacher. It helped me a lot and above all I loved this this course.

By Luis A G G

Sep 26, 2016

Great course, actually interesting, scientific and very useful for those of us that like science and want to comprehend a little more about our universe

By Mukharbek O

Jan 10, 2016

Strongly recommend to all who interested in astrophysics.

This course is very good for high school students or for students of 1st year at the university

By Angelina R

Aug 17, 2020

I've learned a lot, including the things that you wouldn't find in the regular textbooks. The videos were overall interesting and easy to follow along.

By Tania R Á

Apr 24, 2020

Es un curso que muestra de manera ordenada y "sencilla" como llegamos y todos los avances que han dado lugar al entendimiento (una parte) del Universo.

By Vid M

Dec 14, 2015

Excelente combination of theoretical physics and related mathematical explanations. Gave me more insight into physics in general than i was hoping for.

By Kumara K

Aug 22, 2020

Excellent, Excellent and Excellent. We need more and more this kind of courses from Prof. Hitoshi Murayama who is greatly done justice to this course.

By Vladislav F

Jun 17, 2018

Great course! I am always intrested in physics and astronomy, but this course gave me some really exiting knoweledge about our universe. Thanks a lot!

By 大谷一夫

Dec 02, 2019

Wonderful course! I enjoyed splendid and condensed lecture by Prof. Murayama. It gave me motivation to try to higher level study. Thank you so much.

By Залесова Ю С

May 08, 2020

Потрясающий профессор Хитоши Маруяма, очень интересная подача, презентации, приятный английский (для русских точно), мне дико понравилось, 12 из 10

By Michel A

Oct 22, 2019

What a wonderful course given by the professor. I could not imagine having covered this material any better than in this course. Thank you so much!

By nevelin y i

Mar 06, 2019

Depende como se lo toma uno ,se puede aprender mucho o muchisimo a lo largo del curso.Exselente, es una gran experiencia en el mar de la ciencia.

By Gabriela D A

Jan 16, 2016

Very interesting course, with clear explanations and easy to follow!!! I loved it! Strongly recommend for those with any interest in the universe!

By Nusrat H

Apr 30, 2020

Professor Hitoshi Murayama explained such complex ideas so easily. I loved the course and got engaged so easily. I also learned so much from this

By Aqsha H S

Nov 20, 2019

amazing best instructors mentors mostly @christy read answered a lot of my stupid questions and sometimes even good ones loved it amazing time!