Back to From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy by The University of Tokyo

We have learned a lot recently about how the Universe evolved in 13.7 billion years since the Big Bang. More than 80% of matter in the Universe is mysterious Dark Matter, which made stars and galaxies to form. The newly discovered Higgs-boson became frozen into the Universe a trillionth of a second after the Big Bang and brought order to the Universe. Yet we still do not know how ordinary matter (atoms) survived against total annihilation by Anti-Matter. The expansion of the Universe started acceleration about 7 billion years ago and the Universe is being ripped apart. The culprit is Dark Energy, a mysterious energy multiplying in vacuum. I will present evidence behind these startling discoveries and discuss what we may learn in the near future. This course is offered in English....

AA

Apr 18, 2020

I really liked the method of teaching the professor follows.The course helped me to gain insights on the universe. I really liked and hopes that professor would do more online courses in the future.:)

DC

Dec 06, 2019

Professor Hitoshi Murayama is a great lecturer. His passion for the research conducted and explained in the lectures is evident and helped motivate me to complete the course. Absolutely brilliant man!

76 - 100 of 728 Reviews for From the Big Bang to Dark Energy

By Egor P

Jan 08, 2017

Для того чтобы мочь объективно мыслить нужно понимать мир вокруг себя. Его устройство. Курс дает понимание происхождения вселенной благодаря самым последним знаниям в науке. Что такое темная материя, бозон Хиггса , антиматерия, реликтовое излучение и прочие понятия сделавшие нас с вами реальностью.

By Meha D

Jun 08, 2020

It was really an amazing experience. Learnt a lot from this course. My interest in astronomy has increased exponentially. This course was fascinating, and professor was quite knowledgeable and everyone interested in space, astronomy or the physics behind the universe, MUST take this course. Kudos.

By Muhammad S N

Apr 20, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and definitely have a dream to pursue a career in cosmology or astrophysics or even particle physics in this regard. Professor Muryama explained the complex problems of the physics domain in a way, a person without high level of academics in physics would understand.

By SIRIPURAM S B

Jun 04, 2020

Such an amazing course. Professor made all the lectures interesting with his presentation skills and lecture content. Even a normal person with a basic knowledge of general science can understand the course. Thanks for teaching me about my ancestors and what happens to my further generations :)

By ACHAL D

Aug 04, 2020

Great course ! It made my brain think in the ways it never thought before. Professor Murayama really knows how to teach difficult concepts in entertaining ways. It has completely changed the way i used see the night sky. I feel lucky to have come across this course. Thank You Coursera !

By Pisavadia P A

Jun 19, 2020

It was an amazing experience to delve into the past From Big bang to till today.

Everything were made simple to understand. But at some points it was a bit harder to catch up but its how hard it is to go in depth without the basics yet Prof. Hitoshi Murayama made it simple to understand.

By Francis S

Jul 07, 2019

Very impressive, gave a insight into an area of physics I originally wasn’t interested in but now want to study further. I enjoyed the lectures and the questions were also a nice challenge. Overall I strongly recommend this course if you enjoy Physics and are curious about our universe!

By Eugenio R E

Apr 11, 2020

Great introductory course !! Thanks a lot for sharing and explaining all the progress that there has been, and the even greater unknowns and challanges still ahead, so as to continue to unravel the great misteries of this beatiful and huuuuge Universe..... Congratulations once more !!

By Valerio R

Jan 03, 2019

The perfect course for a overall introduction to the astronomy and astro-physics. It's simple for student with a technical / maths background and very interesting. At the end of the course, I know a lot more about the past and the future of our universe (and a lot of other things)

By fabio a

Oct 15, 2017

The course is really excellent as an introduction to modern cosmological theories. All the concepts are presented in a clear way. Prof. Murayama is really a gret ommuincator and I learned many interesting things. I warmly recommend this course to anyone is a physics enthusiast.

By Liz C

Thank you Professor Murayama, I found this a really useful introduction to lots of concepts that I'd heard of but never properly understood. I have no science background, never mind physics, but found the lectures and tests a good balance between accessibility and challenge.

By Beatriz F

Aug 15, 2020

Simplesmente incrível! Sempre fui fascinada pelo universo e todos os seus mistérios, nesse curso pude desvendar muitos deles! O professor é excepcional, traz diversas analogias para facilitar o entendimento da matéria. Meu amor e curiosidade por essa área cresceu ainda mais!

By Saurabh B

Mar 31, 2020

I learned a lot from Prof. Murayama, a very nice and learned teacher having deep knowledge in his field as well as all of cosmology. Very thankful to both the University of Tokyo as well as Coursera for providing such a knowledgeable and useful course, that too at own pace.

By Dishank M

Apr 07, 2020

What a wonderfull experience it has been! I had always been fascinated to learn about cosmology. I had ideas about the basics, but this course strengthened and expanded the roots. And I understood that the learning curve is huge. Huge thanks to the brilliant professor.

By Alice W

Nov 07, 2017

The subject matter was explained very well. I appreciated the additional readings mentioned in the forum. If you want a general course on cosmology this is it. I will be taking more courses on this topic. Thank you Dr. Murayama for the very interesting lectures.

By Isabella T

Oct 21, 2020

Professor Hitoshi is really amazing and brilliant. He can explain difficult concepts with simple analogies that are easy to understand. I recommend this course to anyone who is curious or interested in the origins and future of the universe.

My ratings : 5 stars.

By Shrijan R

May 22, 2020

This course is the one which connects the dots between many different fields of physics, not just astronomy. And that is done in such a beautiful way, that this course seemed to me that it ended pretty soon. Kudos to Professor Murayama for creating such a course.

By Aryan A

Aug 31, 2018

It was a very enthralling series of lectures. Frankly, very interesting to an eighth-grader like me. Thank you for your lectures, Professor Murayama. It was great to utilize four weeks for your course. I hope i see you in some other lectures in the future. :)

By Mahbub A K

Jun 22, 2017

Excellent course. Anyone can get the current understand about the beginning of universe and also how scientists try to solve an existing problem. Though some maths are used in the course, but anyone can disregards that part and still understand the materials.

By Shyamkant A

Sep 12, 2020

Excellent course, contents answer all FAQ to great satisfaction, Prof Hitoshi Murayama is a teacher-par-excellence. It was an absolute delight to be a participant of the course. Great learning experience through the course "From the Big Bang to Dark Energy"

By Toby W

May 13, 2020

Excellent course! Very well put together on the whole with really interesting lectures at an accessible level. A few of the questions in the quizzes were worded in a confusing way but given the sheer number of questions, this is certainly understandable!

Oct 15, 2017

This is a fantastic course! Professor Murayama explains the mysteries of the universe in great detail and introduces the technical qualities of galaxies and expansion. I highly recommend From the Big Bang to Dark Energy for anyone interested in science.

By SAFA Z A A

Nov 27, 2019

it helps me a lot to understand how universe works, and how it will end. actually English language is not my native, and physics is not my field, but i just love astronomy so much and this course is so simple and easy to understand.

Thank you a lot !!!

By Wei C

Nov 17, 2018

This course is so well structured and organized that it will be a pity if I didn't share it with others.It is also taught with a great sense of humor, at least in my taste.If I have kids then I will want them to take this course with me. (but I don't)

By A S

Aug 28, 2020

Fantatic course that is taught at multiple levels which makes it appropriate for anyone with interest in topic. Recommend for teenagers, retirees, and college physics majors alike. Extra lectures brinigs topic up to date with very latest discoveries.