Back to Graph Analytics for Big Data

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graph Analytics for Big Data by University of California San Diego

4.3

Want to understand your data network structure and how it changes under different conditions? Curious to know how to identify closely interacting clusters within a graph? Have you heard of the fast-growing area of graph analytics and want to learn more? This course gives you a broad overview of the field of graph analytics so you can learn new ways to model, store, retrieve and analyze graph-structured data. After completing this course, you will be able to model a problem into a graph database and perform analytical tasks over the graph in a scalable manner. Better yet, you will be able to apply these techniques to understand the significance of your data sets for your own projects....

KM

Dec 17, 2017

Got an amazing introduction to Graph Analytics in Big Data. Technical issues with Neo4J made this course a little more challenging than necessary. But the introduction to Spark GraphX was invaluable.

JT

Oct 26, 2016

This course was excellent as an introduction to Graph Analytics and using Neo4j. Not only did I learn a lot, I've been given tasks related to what I've learned in this course after finishing it.

76 - 100 of 190 Reviews for Graph Analytics for Big Data

Feb 21, 2019

Good!

By VISHNU T B

Jul 12, 2020

Good

By AISHWARYA V

Jun 02, 2020

Good

By Saravut R

May 16, 2020

nice

By Manish

Mar 31, 2020

good

By Prashant S

Jan 27, 2018

g

By Dennis N

Jul 06, 2017

This is a really good course as an introduction to Graph analytics as well as the types of analyses and techniques used in graph analytics. There were a lot of new concepts for me and it was a lot of information to take in but it was explained very well. The hands-on exercises in Graphx introduced a lot of unfamiliar code and seemed very technical but I believe that it is needed. This portion of the course might require more time to digest but I believe it was absolutely necessary. All in all, loved it!

By Carlos V

Apr 30, 2019

It was very interesting and helpful. I would also love to know what are the current web-based approaches to graph analytics and visualisation. The course was very insightful but the week 5 is a bit dense on the number of tools that interact between themselves. I understand these complex platforms are more aimed to complex and dense scenarios such as those from Facebook and the like, and it could also be useful to learn small alternatives for smaller deployments. Very interesting though!

By Vidal A C L

Aug 20, 2018

I tried to finalize this exercises for weeks on end. I realized that my VM had two cores and whenever I tried to run the scala codes it got stock. This happened to me at least 10 times until I set my VM to have just one core, and it worked like a charm. I recommend to add a note to make sure the VM is set correctly because I was distracted trying to solve the issue.

By John G

Feb 05, 2017

The neo4j parts were good, and nice introduction to graph terminology and concepts. would like to see detailed hands-on for wk#5 (like wk#4 had w/neo4j, which was very well done). like the tools survey and concepts. would like to see recommendations for other course(s), not necessarily in this series or by UC SanDiego, about where to go for deeper math.

By Clint E

Aug 07, 2016

Great course. The reason I did not give it five stars because I thought the last week of the course was not up to par with the first 4 weeks. The lessons on Giraph and GraphX were confusing in my opinion and the hands on exercise did not really clear things up for me. Otherwise, a great course.

By Antony C

Apr 05, 2018

This module introduced a lot of technical knowledge and theory around Graph Analytics. I understand there is great value in Graph analysis but I got a bit confused with so many examples, programming languages and many technical terms. I think Graph Analysis should be a specialisation on its own.

By Juan P

Sep 08, 2016

Maybe the best course of all the specialisation. Good balance between theory and hand-ons. I would give the fifth star with more details and explanations in some hand-ons (mainly the ones from the last lesson). In summary, a good introductory course to graph analysis.

By Saleem K

Feb 17, 2017

The concepts are brilliantly taught but the technical part that was programming was rushed through and not explained step by step. This is probably out of scope for this course but would have been good to get a little more technical training

By MikeP

Sep 15, 2017

Good course overall for concepts of graph analytics.Too much time spent setting up and going through the hand-on exercises. What I feel is somewhat lacking are use cases for relating how this could be used in normal business.

By Joren Z

Aug 09, 2017

Seems to give a great high-level overview of graphs; I learned many terms and concepts about graph analysis. I also liked the hands-on-experience with neo4j---its SQL-like syntax makes it quite easy to pick up the basics.

By Tariq A

Dec 27, 2019

I have learned a lot from the course and this is the fifth of my specialization and I am absolutely sure that I can apply everything I have learned in the course to solve big data graph usability problems.

By Ricardo L C T

Jun 14, 2017

the content is difficult to understand. the explanation and instructors are very good. I think that the Graph content itself is complex. congratulations anyway. I think you guys made the possible best.

By Kshitij D

May 23, 2020

The course content is pretty good but the instructions provided are not up to the mark nor are they updated hence I personally faced a lot of troubles during my time of completion