Back to The Bilingual Brain

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Bilingual Brain by University of Houston

This course explores the brain bases of bilingualism by discussing literature relevant to differences in age of initial learning, proficiency, and control in the nonverbal, single language and dual-language literature. Participants will learn about the latest research related to how humans learn one or two languages and other cognitive skills....

JS
Jan 19, 2021

Amazing and I have learned a lot. I am a Bilingual myself and it really sheds light on how the brain works in terms of learning and being proficient in two languages or more for others.

ZR
Jan 17, 2018

This course helped me in understanding various aspects of how brain and mind works and how we can use these knowledge for studying different languages and also when we multitasks

26 - 50 of 111 Reviews for The Bilingual Brain

By Elizabeth R V

Aug 18, 2020

An interesting course that triggered my couriosity about brain and language. Dr. Hernandez gives a lot of practical examples and experiences to understand hard concepts. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in psycholinguistics, ESL/ EFL teaching.

By Barbora D

Oct 4, 2020

This was my first experience with online courses and I could have not chosen a better one to start off :) Professor Arturo E. Hernandez explains everything very clearly and I am very pleased with the content that I was provided with.

By Su 舒

Sep 7, 2021

Having grown up as a bilingual surrounded by other bilinguals, I have always been curious as to what made us so different. This course answered all my questions and more. I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in SLA.

By NIVEDHA S V R

Apr 15, 2021

I enjoyed this course. I am a bilingual(Tamil and English) and planning to learn new languages like French, Japanese, Spanish. This course gave me a different perceptive on learning languages.

By Ángel A

Nov 19, 2017

The course was very useful and Dr Hernandez is good at explaining things clearly.

As a foreign language learner, it gave me some insights into what to expect during the process, backed by research

By Maruša G

I had a lot of fun during listening of this course. I learned a lot about bilinguals and how they function, about age of acquisition and control and flexibility of the brain an language it uses.

By Ana A T F

Jun 21, 2020

This course was an exceptional overview of the different aspects of what a Bilingual Brain can be developed since the childhood to adulthood. Thank you so much for the knowledge given to us.

By Paulina A O d Z

Mar 13, 2019

Este curso es genial! No sólo aprendes del cerebro bilingüe, sino de cómo funciona el cerebro en general. Es la segunda vez que lo hago porque es realmente fascinante, muy recomendado!

By Raquel C

Aug 26, 2021

Really interesting, it helps understand how a bilingual functions (like me) and when someone isn't bilingual or has doubts about their functioning it helps have another point of view

By Christina B

Jan 5, 2021

This course was so interesting that I completed it in a lot less time than I expected. I really want to thank both the Coursera team and the University of Houston.

By MOHAMED M P

Oct 9, 2020

This course provide us with various aspects of how brain and mind works and how we can use these knowledge for studying different languages

By Shabnam A

Dec 20, 2021

This course was indeed one of the best that was offered by Coursera. Thanks to Dr. Hernandez for his profound knowledge. I learned a lot.

By Yuri T

Aug 16, 2020

It led me to a whole new world to see bilingualism from different point of view. It explained ideas that I had before scientifically.

By Carme L

Dec 12, 2019

I learned so much through this course... not only academic literature, but also a new way of reasoning and approaching languages.

By Linor T

Jan 23, 2021

Amazing course! Notice that it focuses on the bilingual brain and the way it works, and not mainly on bilingualism as I thought.

By Daria R

Oct 14, 2019

This course provides lost of data and valuable information for those who are interested in bilingualism and how the brain works.

By MAI L

Sep 19, 2019

Happy Learning 👊🏻🤩👊🏻

Very Informative 👍🏻😄👍🏻

Very Interesting 👏🏻😀👏🏻

Thank you, DR. George Hernandez🙏🏻🏆🙏🏻

By Carolyn S

Jan 29, 2019

This class covered many different aspects of bilingualism (and multiligualism) and included evidence from research.

By Manaf S

Jun 13, 2020

It really solidified parts of what I already know about bilingualism. I'm really excited to read the book.

By Alexandre C d S

Feb 20, 2020

I don't think there's an English word exactly suitable for this course. This course is amazing, fantastic.

By Kam L

Aug 23, 2021

I learned how languages are acquired, lost, and maintained and the myths associated with those topics.

By Fanny L

Jul 14, 2020

Great course, which provided valuable information. Coursera offers the best way to continue learning.

By Renata A L

Aug 25, 2019

Excelente curso. Recomendo em especial aqueles que trabalham em ambientes de múltiplos idiomas.

By Nguyen L

May 16, 2021

Very informative and useful. I have acquired much new knowledge pertinent to neurolinguistics

By Aggie H

May 20, 2021

I learned so much in this course. This makes me understand the leaners, including me, more.