Back to Biohacking Your Brain's Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Biohacking Your Brain's Health by Emory University

With deteriorating health, particularly brain health, occurring at a global level, this course introduces you to methods for maximizing your brain's fitness through nutrition, exercise, meditation, and sleep. We'll debunk popular myths about prescribed practices for overall health and then uncover studies from the last few decades revealing practical routines and interventions that are proven to help improve the brain. You'll also get a glimpse at the brain's structure and common brain functions, as well as a "prescription" each week of tips for improving your brain's health....

JD
Mar 10, 2019

Very useful, interesting and inspiring. Some of the things I already knew, but there were plenty historical, medical, scientific facts that enforced it and made me more confident in my knowledge.

AA
Sep 15, 2020

I have enjoyed this course from the beginning to the end, The lecturer was speaking in interesting manner that have caught my focus to the video, Overall I would recommend this course to everyone

251 - 275 of 314 Reviews for Biohacking Your Brain's Health

By Vic W

Jan 20, 2020

Great

By AMRISHA R R

Sep 13, 2020

good

By GLORIYA V

Aug 24, 2020

Good

By S K 1

Jul 22, 2020

Good

By Mona A A

Jul 2, 2020

GOOD

By Emayamsavitha

Apr 25, 2020

Gud

By M. M

This was a very helpful course! I enjoyed the neuroscience combined with practical advice on how to improve our brain function and health as we age. I only gave it four stars, however, as i audited the course and was not allowed to take certain exams. More specifically, each module has a practice test (which auditors can take) and a final test (with much the same material as the practice tests but that auditors are not allowed to take). I wish that this MOOC -- like some others-- would allow auditors to take all tests. On a related note, since i did not take all the tests, Coursera does not seem to recognize that i have already completed the course -- even though i registered as an auditor. Many thanks to the course instructor for sparking my interest in this topic!

By Shakirah M

Jun 27, 2020

If you are not a person good with remembering the names and parts of the human brain (I am that person), you can still get a good deal out of this. A lot of the information is practical, and I have changed my diet a great deal since starting this course. I doubt I will remember the names of a lot of the things mention (brain parts and their primary function), but I have learned enough about taking care of my brain for this class to be still worth it.

By Adriana O L

Jul 9, 2020

I learned great information based on real studies that helped me understand more about why it is so important to implement good sleep, exercise and meditation to promote the brain‘s health. I only wish for more visual representation in the videos so that the explanations are easier to digest, other than that, the course was amazing! so excited to apply this new knowledge.

By Yashoda P

Jul 1, 2020

the entire course is very informative and concise. However, some phrases are difficult to register for someone who is not from medical background.

A small suggestion: please provide a more pictures or graphic/animated videos while the instructor is talking instead of focusing the camera on her, this will lead to better understanding and memory retention.

By Cheyne M

Nov 27, 2018

There were some great references to meta-research and the readings were great for further exploration. I found some of the lecture material without evidence, for example claims that supplement use is deleterious to health. I will review this material again and it will support my lifestyle coaching and my own healthy routines.

By Kainat P

This was an information and knowledge packed course which I really really enjoyed taking. However, I would have enjoyed it even more if visual aids like diagrams were used, especially when talking about the effects of sleep on different areas of the brain. Thank you Coursera, Emory University and Professor Karima.

Sep 23, 2018

This course provides a very good notion of how the brain works and what/how several activities and habits from daily life interfere with brain activity. Though the subject is completely out of my background, it was interesting and not too complex to follow.

Good investment of my free time!

By Sumit B

Very useful and interesting.I already knew some of the things , but there were plenty historical, medical, scientific facts that enforced it and the explanations in the practice tests and the quiz helped me get a much better understanding.

By Carla M

Jun 17, 2020

I did not like the video and the way the instructor just read the script. Very boring delivery of content. It would have been faster to just read the transcript in many cases.

Also wish there was a better format for printing the saved notes.

By Gillian H

Aug 17, 2020

content was interesting and informative.....delivery did not actively engage listeners. Fortunately, each video was short so this was less of an issue.

The presenter seemed quite tense when speaking

By Stephen M

May 23, 2020

Really good introduction to brain health short, sharp, concise and easy to navigate lots of links to good resources to follow up and some engaging lectures, quizzes are great. Throughly enjoyed it.

By Monika P

Apr 1, 2020

Very interesting subject.

Some aspects not explained and some not mentioned in terms of the brain structure, neurotransmitters and hormones.

But overall very good. Thanks very much

By Daniel M

May 8, 2019

Very enjoyable, good information presented in an easy to digest manner. A few errors, slips of tongue that should have been caught before publishing, but they are not common.

By Thivaraj A K

Dec 24, 2020

Excellent explanations but could include more interactive infographics and illustrations or even simulations for a better learning experience.

By Markus B

Apr 3, 2021

Thank you! Good overview about the relevant topics for brain health. Wished I could have taken the exam also without buying the certificate.

By Ayush B

Aug 9, 2019

It was an insightful experience of going through the various factors that influence our physiological and cognitive processes.

By Rodrigo V G

Sep 5, 2020

Very nice course as an introduction. It's very basic but great if you want something just to start changing your habits.

By Prasanna R

Oct 28, 2019

This course helps the learners to be productive by tuning their brains. The way she explains is easily understandable.

By Esther Z L

Jul 30, 2019

I expected to learn more about the brain and how it functions, but it was an interesting take on this subject.