Back to Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour by University of London

Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School contrasts traditional approaches to branding - where brands are a visual identity and a promise to customers - to brands as a customer experience delivered by the entire organisation. The course offers a brand workout for your own brands, as well as guest videos from leading branding professionals. The aim of the course is to change the conception of brands as being an organisation's visual identity (e.g., logo) and image (customers' brand associations) to an experience along "moments-that-matter" along the customer journey and, therefore, delivered by people across the entire organisation. Brands are thus not only an external promise to customers, but a means of executing business strategy via internal brand-led behaviour and culture change. You will learn and practice the following skills: 1. How to build brands from a broad organisational perspective 2. How to lead brand-led culture change with human resource practices at the core (i.e., brand as a lever and not just an outcome) 3. How to build brands in multi-brand companies, across cultures and geographies 4. How to measure brand health in new ways, that is, internally in addition to externally 5. How to value and capture returns to brands across the organisation - introducing the new concept of employee-based brand equity - and how this is different from the valuation of brands as intangible assets. This course allows you to develop the following aspects of yourself: 1. Head. Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving practice of brand management, one that goes further than practiced in most organisations today 2. Heart. Be motivated to engage in delivering your own brands – regardless of where you are in your organisation – thereby creating superior value for customers and for your organisation 3. Hands. Translate learnings into action. As Confucius is supposed to have said: “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”...

Oct 23, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way I viewed Brand Management. The course is well-framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience.

Apr 20, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way i viewed Brand Management. The course is well framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience!

101 - 125 of 1,152 Reviews for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

By narjes s

Oct 12, 2020

A year ago I read a book (The Why) from Simon Sinek. He explains why some people and organizations are more innovative, more profitable and command greater loyalties from customers and employees alike. However, my understanding of a Brand purpose was all clear but to acquire a deep understanding of the Brand management this course was awesome!

By Katarina A

Oct 08, 2020

As someone who had an education in totally different branch (law) and needs basic, but academic knowledge about business and branding, I really have only good words for the course. Professor Tavassoli way of explaining is amusing, useful, clear. There were a lot of real examples and interviews with real people I enjoyed it and learned a lot!

By Bhushan P

Aug 24, 2020

Really thanks to Prof. Nadar Tavassoli for creating this marketing course for the beginners. He has really well explained the new concept for branding in today's comparative world. The interviews with some marketing executives from different companies are really helpful to compare how companies are using the course concepts into real world.

By Antara S R

Apr 22, 2020

This is an excellent course to take for all branding enthusiasts. Extremely well crafted, precise, engaging and most importantly informative. Professor Nadar has done a wonderful job putting his point across, making it a point to take inputs from industry leaders and most importantly delivering the course the London Business School way!

By Alessandra R

Jun 03, 2020

This course completely changed my perception of brand and its purpose. Extremely well explained by Professor Tavassoli, also through the support of videos from leading branding professionals. I am sure it will help me get a significant benefit in my career and I would definitely recommend it!

Head, heart and hands. Nothing else to add!

By Christin L

Jul 02, 2020

This was a great course- and I have learned a lot within business management. The instructor was excellent and easy to understand although English is not my birth language. Some of the guests that was intervjuet, was not so easy to understand- but we had the whole text under so nevertheless all of it was understandable. Recommends!

By VINAY K V

Jul 23, 2020

I truly enjoyed and appreciate for introducing Brand Management - I am jobless for last 4months and after completing Brand Management, i am very positive to get good job soon.

I do not have funds to pay my certificate fee Rs.2192/- i will be grateful if you please help me out to issue Certificate.

Your Sincerealy ,

Vinay Kumar Verma

By Kent H M

Jun 04, 2020

I am a digital consultant who is multi-award winning in social media and digital marketing. For the past 10 years, I have been working with small businesses in managing their online brand. This course was absolutely brilliant and I highly recommend it to anyone who is seriously considering signing up. It is well worth your time.

By Mike F

Jul 20, 2020

Well structured and formulated course that taught me the principles and concepts of modern brand management, encompassing all aspects of an organisation from internal to external stakeholders. Professor Tavassoli was very articulate and provided great real-world examples of brand purpose and modern techniques of brand building.

By Victor B

Apr 13, 2020

Great course. I really liked the structure of the modules and how they were illustrated with real interviews with professionals of different businesses. The professor did a great job building the program in a way that every module supports each other and at the end you see how the whole course makes a lot of sense together.

By Irene

Jul 22, 2020

A loved this course. Very well explained, complete, and dynamic. I would very much recommend this course to anyone interested in Brand Management. I also enjoyed very much how the professor explained the concepts, always using examples. This course has been a motivation for me to continue with my brand management immersion.

By Akbar Q

Jun 10, 2020

This Course on Brand Management has given me insights about all it's dimensions. Mr. Nader Tavassoli has been a great instructor and have given some of the best knowledge. Really hope and wish to meet him to thank him personally. Also Coursera has been a great platform for students like me to gain knew knowledge and skills.

By Zsarina M A S

I really enjoyed the course because of the obvious expertise and entertaining delivery of the instructor, the variety of business cases shared in this course which cited best practices and past mistakes of several organisations, and the practical interviews the professor conducted with key people from different industries.

By Nikolas M

Oct 15, 2019

Insightful, Inspiring and Actionable. I really enjoyed the course by Nader Tavassoli and it provided a lot of value to me. I'll constantly come back to the course in order to look up the various concepts taught and I have the feeling that it will serve me a lot on my way to becoming a branding expert. Thanks a lot Nader!

By Diego M

Jun 02, 2020

This course has been really inspiring, sometimes coming from a sales background narrow our focus only about sales volume. It's not wrong but it limits our business in the market. To make a business succeed we have to invest in people. Employees and customer play a crucial role and often companies take it for granted.

By Owen S

Apr 27, 2020

This course is one of the best course i have ever taken. This MOOC change my perception about brands and the Lecturer explain everything well with the real life examples. I learned about how important the power of brands and the base of developing brands itself. It's an honor to be able to take this course. Thank you

By Sanjeev A

Nov 16, 2019

Amazing course by Dr Nader Tavassoli. I must appreciate his command on the subject and style of articulating. He made it very easy to understand the concepts which were unknown to me. This course gave me a great new perspective to look at brands. The principles, examples, flow, articulation - excellent work Dr Nader.

By Natalia M L

Jul 07, 2020

I highly recommend this course for any professional in business administration, communications and marketing who wants to go in depth in a different perspective of brand management. I consider that the methodology, examples and exercises were very helpful. Also, professor Tavalossi gives very clear explanations.

By �Avishek P

Jun 15, 2020

An informative course on Brand Management brought to us by Prof. Nader Tavassoli of The London Business School. It is a great MOOC with really interesting assignments and quizzes; not only are the videos resourceful but also researching for the assignments give a clearer understanding of each concept and topic.

By Premsiri T

This course has been an amazing journey through my quarantine time from COVID-19. I did not expect the MOOC would be so informative, interesting and fun at the same time. I had learned a lot about brand management from scratch. Thanks to Professor Nader Tavassoli and Coursera platform for this awesome course!

By Dewni

Oct 21, 2020

Prof. Nader was absolutely brilliant! Hope he conducts more MOOCs in the future. This was an amazing experience and learning online and understanding wasn't a pressure at all. All thanks to the professor!! Highly recommends this course for anyone interested in getting an insight about branding and marketing!

By Pradeep K D

It was great learning in last 5 weeks and learnt so much about actual marketing of 21st century. But highlight of the course is Mr. Nader Tavassoli, they way he explained the various concepts and his command over the subject was impalpable. I would like to thanks to Dr Nader and team for this wonderful MOOC.

By Randi Y

May 16, 2020

Well organized and insightful! Great for beginners who are interested in marketing, branding, or owning a business. Professor Tavassoli did a fantastic job on explaining the concepts and invited many quality guest speakers to incorporate the real life examples in the concepts. I highly recommend this course!

By Shrikrishna S

Apr 14, 2020

If you are new to Marketing then this course will add huge value to your knowledge about branding. The whole MOOC is filled with various case studies and interviews which compliment the concepts very well. I wish to pursue more such courses from LBS. Hope Prof. Nader will come up with many more such courses

By Ankita K C

Feb 11, 2019

Brilliant course! Loved the way the concepts were introduced and their real world application explained via current business studies. Thoroughly enjoyed the interviews with various business men and women. If I were to do an MBA abroad, LBS would be very high on my list, especially due to Prof Nadar. Awesome!