Back to Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour by University of London

Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School contrasts traditional approaches to branding - where brands are a visual identity and a promise to customers - to brands as a customer experience delivered by the entire organisation. The course offers a brand workout for your own brands, as well as guest videos from leading branding professionals. The aim of the course is to change the conception of brands as being an organisation's visual identity (e.g., logo) and image (customers' brand associations) to an experience along "moments-that-matter" along the customer journey and, therefore, delivered by people across the entire organisation. Brands are thus not only an external promise to customers, but a means of executing business strategy via internal brand-led behaviour and culture change. You will learn and practice the following skills: 1. How to build brands from a broad organisational perspective 2. How to lead brand-led culture change with human resource practices at the core (i.e., brand as a lever and not just an outcome) 3. How to build brands in multi-brand companies, across cultures and geographies 4. How to measure brand health in new ways, that is, internally in addition to externally 5. How to value and capture returns to brands across the organisation - introducing the new concept of employee-based brand equity - and how this is different from the valuation of brands as intangible assets. This course allows you to develop the following aspects of yourself: 1. Head. Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving practice of brand management, one that goes further than practiced in most organisations today 2. Heart. Be motivated to engage in delivering your own brands – regardless of where you are in your organisation – thereby creating superior value for customers and for your organisation 3. Hands. Translate learnings into action. As Confucius is supposed to have said: “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”...

Apr 19, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way i viewed Brand Management. The course is well framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience!

AS
Mar 16, 2021

Wonderful! Professor Tavassoli did a wonderful job of breaking down the business, brand & behaviour alignment process.\n\nVery insightful. I thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a lot. Thank you so much!

101 - 125 of 1,842 Reviews for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

By Joshua D K

Sep 23, 2019

The course was effective and articulated how business, brand and behaviour are uniquely intertwined in a successful organization. Mr. Tavassoli provided many concrete and easily understandable examples for how business, brand and behavior work together. The use of interviews with people who successfully use the combination of business, brand and behavior to promote their brands was very well done.

By ESTHER A - R

Aug 17, 2020

Excellent Lecture, you analogies, your original concepts established and shared during this course was well appreciated! Love the simplicity with which you delivered your well-personalized lectures that grasped the attention of your students, also resulting from your relaxed professionalism!!!

High Yield concepts or foundations for business management was the bulk of this course! Job well done!!!

By Olohirere L

Jul 24, 2020

Great course with a lot of helpful material that should help me later. Amazing instructor and great use of imagery with the coat hanger and the use of Newton's cradle to symbolise alignment and reiterate etc importance of the synchronisation of brand, business and behaviour. Highly recommend for those wishing to expand their understanding of branding or who wish to explore the world of business.

By Doug K

Apr 13, 2021

Excellent content, but many of the videos and links to articles were no longer active because of the age of the course. The content needs refreshed to include information that has happened or changed over the past 5+ years. All that aside, Mr. Tavassoli has such a nice way of presenting the content in an easily digestible way. I understand why his so respected in the world of academic branding.

By Pilar S

Nov 2, 2020

The experience of this course has been amazing. Professor Nader Tavassoli explanations of the concepts have been top. Both the level of information and the interviews of very high quality. I learnt a lot of new concepts and he managed to make me discover a complete new concept of brand and business. I strongly recommend this course and it has encouraged me to continue learning in this platform.

By Angelo C

Oct 5, 2020

Professor Nader is very knowledgeable about the subject and is able to explain and teach the course in a very pragmatic way. I have learned a lot of things and gained a lot of insight which I was able to apply to my work during the course of this MOOC. I am very happy that I took this course and highly recommend it, Professor Nader as well as the London Business School, and Coursera. Thank you!

By karthick R

Apr 26, 2018

Wonderful Course. The art of flow/ structure of this lecture gave a deeper understanding of the subject. I'm very surprised and excited through the course. The course has been very informative and insightful on this going forward on every modules. All the way through the lecture was undeniably so good. Thanks for this course. I hope to put through these principles what i learned in practice.

By Phil S

Apr 22, 2021

Thank you to Prof. Tavassoli for an outstanding class. I can only recommend to undertake this course. It goes way beyond just simply upgrading your CV. Prof. Tavasolli makes it really fun & interesting to listen to him. He uses amazing examples incorporates great interview partners. I'm taking a lot out of this course and I would wish that Prof. Tavasolli would offer more classes like this.

By Wendy H

Oct 7, 2020

Excellent course provided by course facilitator Nader Tavassoli. It was explained in a very easy to understand way but also very thorough. I definetly see marketing and branding in a new way and would be happy to under take more courses taught by Nader Tavassoli. The course was broke down into 5 weeks which was easy to do, you could complete it all within 1 or 2 weeks if you did it quickly.

By SRIDHAR K

May 1, 2020

One of the best course I have come across in recent times. I really enjoyed doing it. In fact, I enjoyed it so much, I completed the course in less than 2 weeks! The new concepts such as 3Es, the new definition for 4Ps and 6As of brand engagement are really useful concept. The way the lecture was presented was really great. Overall a very useful course to understand brand management better.

By fadimatou b

May 18, 2021

Dear team ,

It was a pleasure joint you in this unforgettable adventure. I was so happy of the way the course where elaborate. It was very clear and simple ENGLISH.I will definitely recommend COURSERA to my friends and colleagues.

But i have difficulties printing my certificate and sharing it on my LINKDIN page.

Thank you very much for your time and effort.

Thanks a million Pr NADER TAVASSOLI

By Rhea B

Jul 26, 2020

Mr. Tavalossi explained various concepts extremely well, through a ton of examples of organizations following those concepts and consequences faced by organizations that did not follow a few concepts. I will be taking back many important elements such as brand purpose, metrics, valuation, etc. Thank you for this course, it gave me a wide array of concepts that will be useful in my future.

By Imran S

Feb 9, 2021

As an undergraduate, I really benefitted from this course. I learned some things that enhance my existing knowledge of marketing like the sales funnel etc. Plus, I learned a lot of new marketing concepts like the brand image and the customer experience which are revolutionary. Professor Nader's way of lecturing felt natural and that's quite rare in this MOOC industry. Thank u Professor.

By Carolina C D A

May 6, 2020

Prof. Nader is a great teacher who has a lot of experience in this particular field. How he mixes theory with case studies and interviews with CX level professionals, gives this course a holistic view. The cases are a little out of date cause this MOOC was filmed back in 2015, yet the thinking is as timely as ever. In my opinion, it would be really interesting to showcase current cases.

By Appu A

Aug 30, 2020

This has been a very helpful , through and detailed course and I am glad that I took this during this corona outbreak, the greatest global crisis of our times since world war 2. This course has taught me that branding should not be taken lightly and there are a lot of metrics to be evaluated for measuring success of brand, many of them i was not even aware before doing this course.

By Richard v R B

Dec 17, 2018

I can only say good things about this course. It has opened my mind about branding, expanded my knowledge and this might sound a bit extreme but it's true. It has changed my life. It has been so valuable for me and this is only the starting point of my branding journey. What a great place to start. If you have never been introduced to branding, I can totally recommend this course.

By SRINIVASAN G 1

This is my first course in Coursera and by and large, I think it will be the best course available here. This course was very engaging. Being an aspiring MBA Marketing student this MOOC has changed my whole perspective of marketing and helped me in deciding what future path I am going to pursue after an MBA degree which is going to related to BRand MAnagement in one way to other.

By jasmine s

Jul 9, 2020

This course has been carefully carved out to redefine the modern approach to brand management. I learned how brand itself is strategy. The course materiel and the assignments gave me a deeper insight into aligning brand purpose and brand promise with the how it has to be delivered. Extremely thankful to Prof. Nader, looking forward to join for more MOOCs from you.

-JASMINE SIMI-

By Sathyanarayanan m

This is my first course with Coursera I and it's been awesome . The way the professor took it with explanations along with case-studies was really excellent. It shows how much he is aligned with the latest market trends and cascade the same to the people who took this course. I really enjoyed each and every module.

I wish him the best and for great success in the future

Thx

Sathya

By shital N

Jun 30, 2021

This is indeed a very good course which gives complete knowledge about brand its alignment to Business ,brand and behavior .The case studies are very excellent which helped us to gather vast knowledge about company's brand and its success. The overall course solve my purpose in understanding the brand from every perspective. A very good course and excellent study material.

By Peter C

May 17, 2021

I would like to sincerely thank the London Business School and Nader Tavassoli for this course. You have given me more strenght to carry on in my path of doing the business in a better way (with impact), because after all it is not about business, but the humans behind (and for me the purpose is not just humans - but living creatures and plants on earth as such). THANK YOU

By Alok B

Apr 20, 2021

The course was very beautifully designed. All the terminologies are explained very well and well correlated with examples. Prof. Nader Tavassoli is a wonderful man who has very vast knowledge about the market, brands, and their brand positioning in the market. Thank you for being a wonderful mentor to us. Thank you London Business School for creating such a wonderful course.

By namrata

Nov 11, 2019

I am very happy and pleased to have completed this course study in Brand Management. The mentors have been very helpful & so did Customer support staff. It surely taught me more than I thought it would. When I will go back to my job in graphics designs i will take all these as an examples . So thank you very much especially to the mentor and a lecturer Nadeer Tavasolli.

By Angela S

Apr 27, 2020

Our teacher was great. He provided accurate and detailed explanation at all times. He provided examples that could be understood by everyone and the course, in general, provided a different view of what Brand Management is. There is room for improvement though, I think the addition of slides is needed so the student can go through them before the lesson to be more prepared.

By Marina O

Sep 27, 2021

Thank you for the course, Professor Tavassoli! Well-built material combined with many life examples and interviews. All this makes the course more vital and attracting. Sometimes it was quite challenging, since English was not my native language. Meantime I did enjoy it great and it gave me a good motivation to learn more about the subject and to improve English skills :).