Back to Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions by University of Alberta

Of all the animals on earth, which are the strongest for their size? What about the fastest? Who were the first animals to evolve flight? Insects take all of these titles and more! As the most abundant animals on the planet, insects and other arthropods affect our lives in so many ways. From beneficial interactions like pollination and biological pest control, to the transmission of life threatening diseases; this course will teach you about the big ways that these little arthropods impact our lives. In Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions, you will be plunged into the diverse (and sometimes alien) world of arthropods to learn how they work, what they do, and how insects and humans interact every day. After completing this course, you will be able to: Describe the evolutionary relationships between insects and their arthropod relatives Inventory major groups of insects and their diversity Demonstrate evolutionary adaptations that make insects successful Discuss insect biology and human-insect interactions Evaluate positive and negative interactions between insects and humans Propose practical and symbolic roles insects play in human societies...

AB
Jul 7, 2020

Very interesting and specially the anchors of this course are very enthusiastic and encouraging throughout the course so my focus is maintain for bugs and surly I will search more on insects further.

MH
Nov 19, 2020

An absolutely fantastic course with logically set-out modules and enthusiastic, inspiring and engaging presenters. Very useful for anyone involved in Science outreach and/or widening participation.

176 - 200 of 409 Reviews for Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions

By Vlad T

Jun 5, 2020

Lovely course, like other natural science courses from the University of Alberta that I took (mainly, their series on dinosaurs). I took Insects 101 just for fun and it was fun!

By Christian M

Feb 13, 2021

Extremely informative and interesting. The lecturers are highly knowledgeable and deliver very captivating talks. The input from the experts is remarkable. Highly recommend.

By Andrea G

May 7, 2020

Absolutely wonderful course! The quality of resources and instruction were excellent. Difficult and technical topics were relayed in a very accessible way. Loved it! Thank you.

By Akira M

Mar 4, 2021

Very insightful and informative course. The mix of lecturers and guest speakers kept things fresh and interesting. Kudos to everyone involved in creating this great content.

By Natalia G

Feb 23, 2020

Estuvo buenísimo porque nunca se me había ocurrido aprender sobre insectos. Re interesante hacer un curso en el que realmente el 90% del contenido es nuevo para uno. Gracias!

By Luis A M V

Mar 20, 2020

Thank you very much to all who made this incredible course possible. As a insect loving biologist, enjoy it. Totally recommended. THANKS A LOT!. Greetings from Honduras.

By James K

Aug 19, 2019

I learned so much from this class. Most importantly, I appreciated the faculty that would answer my questions in the forum, it made me feel more connected to the course.

By Don M

Wonderful introduction to the whole insect world, with a particular emphasis on their ecological importance and contributions to life on the planet. Highly recommended!

By Elizabeth L

Oct 6, 2019

This course was so fun to go through! I learned a lot about insects and have many new facts to share with my family and friends. So glad this course was made available!

By Pierre V

Apr 29, 2021

Great course with interesting readings and videos. I much appreciated the content: structure, written texts and, yes, pertinent questions. The site easy to use. Tanks

By Wun L

Jul 27, 2020

Really recommend this course to those who are not major entomology, this course will provide some basic knowledge of insect, give some latest news and research papers.

By Mary L B

Nov 30, 2019

I learned a lot in this class! It was both interesting and disgusting! It was also enjoyable in that the instructors were engaging and seemed to be true insect lovers.

By Mark d K

Oct 7, 2019

Clearly presented, helpful video and text, interesting and a good combination of topics covered. My favorite modules were 12 - IPM and 13 - Literature and culture.

By Michelle G

Sep 29, 2019

I loved this course. Seriously. It was delivered in a challenging and engaging way. My thanks to the team for their efforts in making entomology so accessible.

By Aaditya M S

May 1, 2020

Amazing, I surely recommend to have this course. It gives an insight into the insect world which we normally don't recognize. I felt happy to learn entomology.

By Robert A

Mar 22, 2020

I enjoyed it and learned a lot. The way the course was mainly illustrated by insects from another area to the one I live in seemed to make the ideas stand out.

By Kathy L

Oct 16, 2019

Loved this course from beginning to end! I learned so much and really appreciate the dedication and professionalism of all the instructors and guest lecturers.

By Muhammad I U

Jul 15, 2020

I have found this course very useful and important. The course was structured very well with additional readings and videos. The instructors were really cool.

By Katharine V

Apr 3, 2020

Great course! Learned so much and the videos really helped me absorb the info. Lots of learned representatives and an overall positive perspective of insects.

By Courtney L

Mar 21, 2021

I have always had a general interest in insects and this course allowed me to explore that in a real scientific and knowledge based way. I have gained a lot.

By Sylvia V

Mar 7, 2021

I learned a lot, that is for sure. More over, it was fun to learn so many aspects of insects. Taking this course has made me even more interested in insects.

By kristy s

Oct 6, 2020

I work as an entomologist but have a background in botany. This course was awesome. Informative and entertaining. All of the instructors did a fantastic job.

By 隋丰骏

Sep 28, 2020

This curriculum provided me a lot of knowledge that I never found systematically in books or websites. All in all, this gives me a greater scope on insects.

By casandra m

Nov 20, 2020

Amazing Course! I love the amount of interaction this course provided and the interviews allowed a view into the Entomology community that I really enjoyed!