Back to Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions by University of Alberta

Of all the animals on earth, which are the strongest for their size? What about the fastest? Who were the first animals to evolve flight? Insects take all of these titles and more! As the most abundant animals on the planet, insects and other arthropods affect our lives in so many ways. From beneficial interactions like pollination and biological pest control, to the transmission of life threatening diseases; this course will teach you about the big ways that these little arthropods impact our lives. In Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions, you will be plunged into the diverse (and sometimes alien) world of arthropods to learn how they work, what they do, and how insects and humans interact every day. After completing this course, you will be able to: Describe the evolutionary relationships between insects and their arthropod relatives Inventory major groups of insects and their diversity Demonstrate evolutionary adaptations that make insects successful Discuss insect biology and human-insect interactions Evaluate positive and negative interactions between insects and humans Propose practical and symbolic roles insects play in human societies...

AB
Jul 7, 2020

Very interesting and specially the anchors of this course are very enthusiastic and encouraging throughout the course so my focus is maintain for bugs and surly I will search more on insects further.

MH
Nov 19, 2020

An absolutely fantastic course with logically set-out modules and enthusiastic, inspiring and engaging presenters. Very useful for anyone involved in Science outreach and/or widening participation.

251 - 275 of 451 Reviews for Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions

By Lois B

Oct 14, 2019

Thank you for opening the door to a whole new fascinating, beautiful, and awe-inspiring world! I didn't want the course to end.

By Ramon F d S

Jul 31, 2020

It's a such good course. I learned a lot of insects, their interaction with humans, ecosystems e all that involves this world.

By HAROLD K

Nov 13, 2019

I enjoyed the course very much. I keep honey bees but learned a lot about insects in general. Thank you to the instructors.

By Megan M

I highly recommend taking this course!! I have gained a greater appreciation for IPM measures used within the crop industry.

By Numinotaphilist U

Apr 3, 2021

Amazing course! I really enjoyed learning about the different orders and the roles insects play in our world! Thank you! :)

By Oriane L

May 22, 2020

Very interesting class, bringing an in-depth view of the world of insects and the impact they can have in our daily lives.

By Jennifer M C

Jun 19, 2020

Really great course! Really interactive and well done and it taught me a lot about insects! I would definitely recommend.

By Sharon M

Oct 23, 2019

I enjoyed this course. There was so much to learn and appreciate of our small friends and some that were not so friendly.

By MOUSTAFA A

Apr 27, 2021

Thank you. It was a nice course and it has a high benefit in developing information and changing human health to insects

By Sajna v

Most beneficial online course i ever attend during this lock down time..it is more interesting and informative at a time

By Florbela B d O T

I have really enjoyed this course, not only the contents were great, but people giving the lectures were amazing! Thanks

By Kimberly G

Nov 20, 2019

Really enjoyed this course. The information provided was always very interesting and I have learned a lot about insects.

By Meredith L

Nov 4, 2021

Impeccably organized, beautifully illustrated, expertly taught. I loved every minute! Thank you for all your hard work!

By Vaisakh P

May 31, 2021

i have gained lot of knowledge regarding various insects and their interaction with humans and in our day-to-day lives.

By Cián D

Oct 8, 2019

I think insects are really cool and I want to try Entomophagy some day. Thanks Bugs 101 insect-human interactions team.

By Catherine L B

Jan 30, 2021

Great instructors, fascinating material. Really appreciated the typed video scripts, course notes and course glossary.

By Jane W

Nov 20, 2020

This course was fun. I learned a great deal about arthropods, and it provided many resources for continuing to learn.

By Theresa C

Aug 26, 2020

This was a great course that I learned a lot more about bugs! Thank you for the free course, it is much appreciated.

By Amanda M

Mar 16, 2020

Loved the instructors and how nicely the presentation was put together. This has been my favorite Coursera course!!

By Anika _

Oct 8, 2021

This course was really well made- organized, informative, and super interesting. Thank you to all who contributed!

By Carl B

Nov 12, 2019

Perfect course for introduction to bugs. Great instructors and such a wide range of topics covered. Thanks so much.

By Winnie C F

Sep 6, 2020

This course was wonderful. I greatly appreciate the opportunity to be able to learn more and more about insects.

By Kristine Z

Jan 9, 2021

Great course! Wonderful use of videos, graphs, interviews, and more. Engaging and knowledgeable instructors.

By William B

Jun 18, 2020

the teaching and student community did an amazing job at expanding my knowledge and appreciation for insects

By Susan M

Sep 4, 2019

Great course! Please do another focussing on invertebrate classification. Thanks for your excellent efforts!