Back to Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions by University of Alberta

Of all the animals on earth, which are the strongest for their size? What about the fastest? Who were the first animals to evolve flight? Insects take all of these titles and more! As the most abundant animals on the planet, insects and other arthropods affect our lives in so many ways. From beneficial interactions like pollination and biological pest control, to the transmission of life threatening diseases; this course will teach you about the big ways that these little arthropods impact our lives. In Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions, you will be plunged into the diverse (and sometimes alien) world of arthropods to learn how they work, what they do, and how insects and humans interact every day. After completing this course, you will be able to: Describe the evolutionary relationships between insects and their arthropod relatives Inventory major groups of insects and their diversity Demonstrate evolutionary adaptations that make insects successful Discuss insect biology and human-insect interactions Evaluate positive and negative interactions between insects and humans Propose practical and symbolic roles insects play in human societies...

AB
Jul 7, 2020

Very interesting and specially the anchors of this course are very enthusiastic and encouraging throughout the course so my focus is maintain for bugs and surly I will search more on insects further.

MH
Nov 19, 2020

An absolutely fantastic course with logically set-out modules and enthusiastic, inspiring and engaging presenters. Very useful for anyone involved in Science outreach and/or widening participation.

126 - 150 of 326 Reviews for Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions

By vaibhav j

Jul 17, 2020

Best instructor and teaching assistants. they start from very based and and slowly increase the difficulty of topics. i used to love buys ,after doing this course now i love bugs more the before.

By sarah c

Jul 20, 2020

Superb course , loved it great speakers made all information interesting and easily understood. Great work University of Alberta . These courses are for everybody with any interest what so ever.

By Ann W

Jul 5, 2020

I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about these fascinating creatures. I now have thirst for more and will continue learning about insects (not sure where yet). Thank you University of Alberta.

By Pu J

Jul 3, 2020

At first I was just very curious about the little bugs, but with this course I discovered many aspects of the insects and other arthropods and they are really fascinating. Thank you very much!

By Eoin B

Sep 20, 2020

excelllent course, with some fantastic and interesting facts about bugs and their importance within society. well worth the time and effort to complete the course if this is your interest.

By Ellen P

Nov 8, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this course and felt that it was really well executed. I would consider taking other courses. The lecturers were knowledgeable and articulate. Excellent--Thank you

By Elliot R E

Sep 13, 2020

This was an amazing course, it was very educational. One of the few entomology courses that knows what it is doing! The videos were great, and the quizzes made sense. I highly reccomend

By Haroon A

Jul 7, 2020

It is an interesting course and learned a lot about the insects and their interaction. I recommend for other students to take this class and it is really helpful to know about insects.

By Francesco f

Jun 8, 2020

Awesome team had done an excelLent work; much info and a lot of knoledge about many aspect of insect's ecology and biology.

I REALLY LOVE THIS CURSE AND CANADA.

Thanks you all so much.

F.

By Valentina I G

Jul 3, 2020

Fantastic! Very insightful and engaging course. I highly recommend it would be a useful course for anyone in any given field or with little to no knowledge of arthropods and insects.

By Louise B

Sep 17, 2019

Fantastic course full of interesting and useful information that is presented in a structured and clear way. A big thank you to the course presenters and plethora of guest experts.

By Vlad T

Jun 5, 2020

Lovely course, like other natural science courses from the University of Alberta that I took (mainly, their series on dinosaurs). I took Insects 101 just for fun and it was fun!

By Andrea G

May 7, 2020

Absolutely wonderful course! The quality of resources and instruction were excellent. Difficult and technical topics were relayed in a very accessible way. Loved it! Thank you.

By Natalia G

Feb 23, 2020

Estuvo buenísimo porque nunca se me había ocurrido aprender sobre insectos. Re interesante hacer un curso en el que realmente el 90% del contenido es nuevo para uno. Gracias!

By Luis A M V

Mar 20, 2020

Thank you very much to all who made this incredible course possible. As a insect loving biologist, enjoy it. Totally recommended. THANKS A LOT!. Greetings from Honduras.

By James K

Aug 19, 2019

I learned so much from this class. Most importantly, I appreciated the faculty that would answer my questions in the forum, it made me feel more connected to the course.

By Don M

Wonderful introduction to the whole insect world, with a particular emphasis on their ecological importance and contributions to life on the planet. Highly recommended!

By Elizabeth L

Oct 6, 2019

This course was so fun to go through! I learned a lot about insects and have many new facts to share with my family and friends. So glad this course was made available!

By Wun L

Jul 27, 2020

Really recommend this course to those who are not major entomology, this course will provide some basic knowledge of insect, give some latest news and research papers.

By Mary L B

Nov 30, 2019

I learned a lot in this class! It was both interesting and disgusting! It was also enjoyable in that the instructors were engaging and seemed to be true insect lovers.

By Mark d K

Oct 7, 2019

Clearly presented, helpful video and text, interesting and a good combination of topics covered. My favorite modules were 12 - IPM and 13 - Literature and culture.

By Michelle G

Sep 29, 2019

I loved this course. Seriously. It was delivered in a challenging and engaging way. My thanks to the team for their efforts in making entomology so accessible.

By Aaditya M S

May 1, 2020

Amazing, I surely recommend to have this course. It gives an insight into the insect world which we normally don't recognize. I felt happy to learn entomology.

By Robert A

Mar 22, 2020

I enjoyed it and learned a lot. The way the course was mainly illustrated by insects from another area to the one I live in seemed to make the ideas stand out.