Back to Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions by University of Alberta

Of all the animals on earth, which are the strongest for their size? What about the fastest? Who were the first animals to evolve flight? Insects take all of these titles and more! As the most abundant animals on the planet, insects and other arthropods affect our lives in so many ways. From beneficial interactions like pollination and biological pest control, to the transmission of life threatening diseases; this course will teach you about the big ways that these little arthropods impact our lives. In Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions, you will be plunged into the diverse (and sometimes alien) world of arthropods to learn how they work, what they do, and how insects and humans interact every day. After completing this course, you will be able to: Describe the evolutionary relationships between insects and their arthropod relatives Inventory major groups of insects and their diversity Demonstrate evolutionary adaptations that make insects successful Discuss insect biology and human-insect interactions Evaluate positive and negative interactions between insects and humans Propose practical and symbolic roles insects play in human societies...

AB
Jul 7, 2020

Very interesting and specially the anchors of this course are very enthusiastic and encouraging throughout the course so my focus is maintain for bugs and surly I will search more on insects further.

MH
Nov 19, 2020

An absolutely fantastic course with logically set-out modules and enthusiastic, inspiring and engaging presenters. Very useful for anyone involved in Science outreach and/or widening participation.

151 - 175 of 336 Reviews for Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions

By Elizabeth L

Oct 6, 2019

This course was so fun to go through! I learned a lot about insects and have many new facts to share with my family and friends. So glad this course was made available!

By Wun L

Jul 27, 2020

Really recommend this course to those who are not major entomology, this course will provide some basic knowledge of insect, give some latest news and research papers.

By Mary L B

Nov 30, 2019

I learned a lot in this class! It was both interesting and disgusting! It was also enjoyable in that the instructors were engaging and seemed to be true insect lovers.

By Mark d K

Oct 7, 2019

Clearly presented, helpful video and text, interesting and a good combination of topics covered. My favorite modules were 12 - IPM and 13 - Literature and culture.

By Michelle G

Sep 29, 2019

I loved this course. Seriously. It was delivered in a challenging and engaging way. My thanks to the team for their efforts in making entomology so accessible.

By Aaditya M S

May 1, 2020

Amazing, I surely recommend to have this course. It gives an insight into the insect world which we normally don't recognize. I felt happy to learn entomology.

By Robert A

Mar 22, 2020

I enjoyed it and learned a lot. The way the course was mainly illustrated by insects from another area to the one I live in seemed to make the ideas stand out.

By Kathy L

Oct 16, 2019

Loved this course from beginning to end! I learned so much and really appreciate the dedication and professionalism of all the instructors and guest lecturers.

By Muhammad I U

Jul 14, 2020

I have found this course very useful and important. The course was structured very well with additional readings and videos. The instructors were really cool.

By Katharine V

Apr 3, 2020

Great course! Learned so much and the videos really helped me absorb the info. Lots of learned representatives and an overall positive perspective of insects.

By kristy s

Oct 6, 2020

I work as an entomologist but have a background in botany. This course was awesome. Informative and entertaining. All of the instructors did a fantastic job.

By 隋丰骏

Sep 28, 2020

This curriculum provided me a lot of knowledge that I never found systematically in books or websites. All in all, this gives me a greater scope on insects.

By casandra m

Nov 20, 2020

Amazing Course! I love the amount of interaction this course provided and the interviews allowed a view into the Entomology community that I really enjoyed!

By Celeste F F

Oct 10, 2019

I found it very nice. I have a PhD in entomology, and I still learned a lot.

I hope this team offer more courses on specific topics related with entomology.

By Shannon R

Nov 20, 2019

I have a much deeper appreciation of insects now. A more thorough understanding of their classifications, body systems, and functions within society.

By DON M G

Aug 25, 2020

This very a interesting and fun-filled course. You will learn so much and appreciate insects better. I also discovered a lot of research potentials.

By Irene M

Nov 14, 2020

Excellent course. I learned a lot. It shows that all the instructors are passionate about insects, which makes the course so much more enjoyable.

Sep 1, 2020

I have always been interested in insects, and this course brought my level of knowledge up greatly. Very enjoyable, looked forward to each lesson.

By Gabriel R

Oct 10, 2020

Such a great course and the fact that its free, you can't beat that! Thank you, University of Alberta and staff members, for giving us this gem!

By Luke S

Jan 7, 2020

MY Mom got me this course because i live in rural Canada and really enjoy insects, and i now know more then i ever hope to know Thanks Bugs 101!

By Genevieve L

Sep 11, 2019

It was a very interesting course. I learned far more about insects than I thought I would. I am finding them more fascinating than scary now.

By Michelle P

Jun 13, 2020

This course was so fascinating. I have a new appreciation for insects and just how important they are to the health of our planet - and to us!

By AAKASH U

Jun 6, 2020

Interesting and Informative. Always wanted to become an Entomologist and learn more about insects and this course has helped me learn a lot.

By Jonathan D S M

Aug 31, 2020

Fue muy interesante conocer un poco más sobre la increíble forma de ser de los insectos y en general los artrópodos. Me encantó el curso