Back to Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions by University of Alberta

Of all the animals on earth, which are the strongest for their size? What about the fastest? Who were the first animals to evolve flight? Insects take all of these titles and more! As the most abundant animals on the planet, insects and other arthropods affect our lives in so many ways. From beneficial interactions like pollination and biological pest control, to the transmission of life threatening diseases; this course will teach you about the big ways that these little arthropods impact our lives. In Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions, you will be plunged into the diverse (and sometimes alien) world of arthropods to learn how they work, what they do, and how insects and humans interact every day. After completing this course, you will be able to: Describe the evolutionary relationships between insects and their arthropod relatives Inventory major groups of insects and their diversity Demonstrate evolutionary adaptations that make insects successful Discuss insect biology and human-insect interactions Evaluate positive and negative interactions between insects and humans Propose practical and symbolic roles insects play in human societies...

AB
Jul 7, 2020

Very interesting and specially the anchors of this course are very enthusiastic and encouraging throughout the course so my focus is maintain for bugs and surly I will search more on insects further.

MH
Nov 19, 2020

An absolutely fantastic course with logically set-out modules and enthusiastic, inspiring and engaging presenters. Very useful for anyone involved in Science outreach and/or widening participation.

176 - 200 of 336 Reviews for Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions

By Gary J

Jul 24, 2020

This a very interesting course, aimed at young people, and covers all the basics. Having taken this course will help me teach my kids,

By aalvarezz@unal.edu.co

Jun 28, 2020

Es un curso muy muy completo. Recomendado 100% Aprendí mucho más de lo que pensé.Tiene muchas lecturas complementarias para aprovechar.

By Deasúnaigh Ó h

Aug 22, 2020

Lovely well balance course. Tutors enthusiasm was infectious. This has inspired me to to do further reading and training in this area.

By Ankush M R

Jun 13, 2020

This course will help to graduates, postgraduates students as well researcher to understand the concept on various fact of entomology.

By L B R

Apr 9, 2020

Very good! It was very easy to understand and taught me a lot. Thank you to the University of Alberta for making this amazing course!

By Julia L

Oct 31, 2020

I found this course incredibly informative. The instructors were all very passionate about the subject and I learned so many things!

By Connor W

Jul 25, 2020

Phenomenal course for anyone interested in Entomology. Kept me busy and interested during quarantine and sad that I have finished.

By Cathy c

Feb 25, 2020

Fabulous introductory course. Engaging instructors, beautiful images and a broad range of topics to give an overview of entymology

By Sherry P

Sep 24, 2019

Excellent units!! Lots of great information and all the instructors were enthusiastic and easy to listen to. Very well done folks!

By Arkaitz S R

The real magic of nature and the knowledge about what humanity should take care of. Amazing. No words. Thank you for this course.

By Lois B

Oct 14, 2019

Thank you for opening the door to a whole new fascinating, beautiful, and awe-inspiring world! I didn't want the course to end.

By Ramon F d S

Jul 31, 2020

It's a such good course. I learned a lot of insects, their interaction with humans, ecosystems e all that involves this world.

By HAROLD K

Nov 13, 2019

I enjoyed the course very much. I keep honey bees but learned a lot about insects in general. Thank you to the instructors.

By Megan M

I highly recommend taking this course!! I have gained a greater appreciation for IPM measures used within the crop industry.

By Oriane L

May 22, 2020

Very interesting class, bringing an in-depth view of the world of insects and the impact they can have in our daily lives.

By Jennifer M C

Jun 19, 2020

Really great course! Really interactive and well done and it taught me a lot about insects! I would definitely recommend.

By Sharon M

Oct 23, 2019

I enjoyed this course. There was so much to learn and appreciate of our small friends and some that were not so friendly.

By Sajna v

Most beneficial online course i ever attend during this lock down time..it is more interesting and informative at a time

By Florbela B d O T

I have really enjoyed this course, not only the contents were great, but people giving the lectures were amazing! Thanks

By Kimberly G

Nov 20, 2019

Really enjoyed this course. The information provided was always very interesting and I have learned a lot about insects.

By Cián D

Oct 8, 2019

I think insects are really cool and I want to try Entomophagy some day. Thanks Bugs 101 insect-human interactions team.

By Gabriela Q d M

Dec 1, 2020

Curso muito legal e diverso para quem se interessa pela entomologia. Sou bióloga e aprendi e relembrei muitas coisas!

By Jane W

Nov 20, 2020

This course was fun. I learned a great deal about arthropods, and it provided many resources for continuing to learn.

By Theresa C

Aug 26, 2020

This was a great course that I learned a lot more about bugs! Thank you for the free course, it is much appreciated.

By Amanda M

Mar 16, 2020

Loved the instructors and how nicely the presentation was put together. This has been my favorite Coursera course!!