Back to Camera Control

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Camera Control by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course Two of Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR! Now that you have a broad understanding of the various types of cameras, the importance of setting up Menus and Functions to gain control in your photography, and the difference between Auto and Program exposure modes, you are ready to move into even greater Camera Control! In these 4 Modules we will concentrate on gaining the knowledge necessary to make use of Exposure Modes, Light Metering, Effects of various ISO settings, Lens options, using Shutter Speeds to convey aspects of Time in both documentary and creative ways, and exploring the controlled focus effects that Depth of Field Principles make possible. You will also continue to make new photographs and, if you are a subscriber to the specialization, continue interacting with your fellow learners as you share photographs for Peer Review. You will also confirm your knowledge through completion of quizzes and written responses. Let's get started with Module One!...

DA
Feb 12, 2018

The instructors are incredibly knowledgeable. The projects are instructional and test you to learn, try, etc. It made me think of new ways to capture images and inspired me to photograph every day!

AT
Dec 1, 2017

Great course structure. Great Professors and Mentors. This course has really help me grow a lot as a photographer. I'm so thankful to Coursera & MSU for putting such a great course for learners.

351 - 375 of 423 Reviews for Camera Control

By Mona A A

Sep 5, 2020

good

By Santhiya R

Aug 29, 2020

Nice

By HARSHRAJ

cool

By Ankeshwor K M

May 9, 2020

good

By Bhavya S

Jun 8, 2019

Good

By Mohammed M

Dec 4, 2017

By Claudia V M O

Jun 1, 2021

By Jolene F

Nov 1, 2016

Over all the class was great and I learned new things and tried techniques I have always wanted to use but didn't know how. I really wish there was a way to see all the of the submissions for the peer review once we have handed our assignment in and have finished reviewing the minimum requirement. I think a lot can be learned by seeing how everyone else in the class interpreted the assignment. It would be fun to see what everyone else photographed.

By Cristopher T

Dec 2, 2019

The course was very interesting I learnt a lot of new things but I have to point out several important problems. Some videos have very low audio so it's imposible to understand them without using an speaker or headphones. Also Prof. Glendinning was awesome very motivating, creative and passionating but Prof. Valentine voice was so monotonous and depresing that I really wanted to quit this course many times.

By Antonia T B

Mar 9, 2019

This course is great. You learn a lot. The teachers are amazing. BUT, hardly nobody is reviewing the assignments. It's very frustrating to do your assignment and have to wait many days for getting a grade or even a certificate because not enough people are reviewing the assignments. Many students had the same concern. Otherwise, the course is great.

By Adithya S

Aug 23, 2016

Great course that explains a lot of core concepts and techniques (like controlling depth of field). Also gives a great introduction to the different types of lenses available. My only criticism would be that the last two weeks are lighter on content (however the assignments are challenging and a lot of fun!)

By Jevgenia B

Jun 18, 2017

I liked this course a lot, but not as much as the first part (and hopefully next parts). Again, it's a good course for the beginners, but this part seemed a bit too short. However, teachers are great and explanations are very clear - if you are a beginner in your photography, I highly recommend!

By Alexandro G A S

Aug 9, 2016

Even though it's the second course in the specialization, it is still an introductory course, a great option to learn about the details of camera control and to improve or review basic techniques. This is also a challenging course, you will start to test your own boundaries.

Oct 28, 2021

I discovered this course thanks to my school. I'm deducting 1 point because after two courses in this course, despite the free trial my school gave me, the course starts to charge me money, it's a shame, I think anyone who wants this course should be able to access it.

By Maria E G S

Dec 4, 2020

Great course on photography although it was shorter than the 1st one. How I wish there were lectures on how to set your DSLR (ISO, shutter speed, f stop) to achieve the pictures you want for fast or slow shutter speed and shallow or great depth of field.

By Tiffany M

Apr 13, 2016

Great introduction course to photo exposure techniques using ISO, aperture, and shutter speed. The course on depth of field was short and felt a bit rushed so I suggest using a supplemental text book or online resources during the section.

By John N

Oct 28, 2021

I got a lot out of the videos, quizzes, and taking photographs as assigned. I didn't benefit much from the peer assessments I received. Most of them were superficial and not beneficial.

By Amandeep S S

Jul 24, 2020

I found this course very useful and helpful as for gaining my certain knowledge in camera controlling, thank you for all the details and information.

By Vinod P

Oct 24, 2016

Nice course. Gives a good overview for beginners.

It would have been better if you show different camera's and their control buttons.

By Graham R

Apr 19, 2016

Great content but some very choppy editing which spoils the flow. I'd much rather have longer lessons and less aggressive editing

By Don C

May 16, 2016

Same comment as before. Do the professors ever look at the assignments? Can we get feedback from the people teaching the course?

By Robert L

Apr 6, 2016

I have learned more about photography in the short few weeks than I have studying by myself in much more time. Great course.

By nour s a

Nov 28, 2016

I really liked the community and the peer review assignments that made me do some creative stuff that i enjoyed

By Sanyuktha U

Jun 19, 2020

I liked the course however I would have loved if there were some tricks for mobile photography as well