Back to English for Career Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Career Development by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Career Development, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process in the United States, while comparing and contrasting the same process in your home country. This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path, while building your vocabulary and improving your language skills to achieve your professional goals. The first unit in this course will introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills. Unit 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume. In unit 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter. The final unit of the course focuses on networking and interview skills. Anyone may take this course for free. If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

KA
May 3, 2021

I enjoyed this Course English for Career Development and learnt a lot .The instructor were so helpful and proactive that it was easy for me to learn and I was able to reach clear all the assignment ..

EB
Jul 3, 2020

Thank you for letting us to use this opportunity at this pandemic situation.\n\nI find this course has a lot example which is unstandable and illustration and so efficient for newcomer and job seeker.

3926 - 3950 of 4,194 Reviews for English for Career Development

By Karvannan M

Mar 28, 2020

It's good and very useful. And I have learned many things how to propose for a job.

By CAROL F

Sep 1, 2021

it was really great learning with Coursera there was so much to learn and improve.

By Ali R

Sep 13, 2020

I recommend every one to join to this course , u will improve ur skills knowledge.

By DUKE U

Very fun and interactive course. I have learned many new things. Thanks and Kudos

By ramesh a

Jun 15, 2020

This course was really helpful. I have had a good experience with this material.

By Sue L

Jun 5, 2020

It is good for new immigrants to get some ideas on how to find a job in the US.

By Alessandro B

Jan 6, 2020

Really good course, focused on a specifical theme but smartly tought. Satisfied

By sidra H

Mar 5, 2021

it was very helpful, but u need a free certificate as i cannot afford the fee.

By Ram K G

Nov 27, 2020

Very good course , I learned many new things. Thank you teachers and coursera

By Shashikant P

Good course learnt important tips for career development and English keywords

By Jaime G E

Dec 29, 2019

this course have been very helpful to refresh and improve my level of english

By Vinayak K

Jan 31, 2021

This is extremely good course for beginners and a refresher for the experts!

By Terry J

Oct 26, 2020

This was an awesome course i would advice any job seekers to do this course.

By Tatiana S

Jul 2, 2020

It's a basic course. But it was the first that I finished, so I'm satisfied.

By Vaibhav S

Jun 13, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot along with learning. Thanks to the entire team.

By P M S C

Apr 30, 2020

It helps us to learn great communication skills and prepare for a interview

By Абашина М А

Mar 23, 2020

Thank you for all the knowledges and experience you shared in this course!

By Fabiana S

Mar 4, 2018

I found very important to me! You had taught me great tools for my career.

By Abhishek K

Sep 2, 2020

I enjoyed learning with the mentor they were very clear during the class.

By Wai P T S

Oct 12, 2016

Good course for me but area need to be improved is the course navigation.

By kyawnay z

Aug 9, 2020

The course is very informative and useful. Many useful tips are learned.

By Christopher O R

Mar 28, 2018

Very good for preparing someone to go thorugh a job application process.

By malaika m

Jun 18, 2020

it was totally out of my world.an amazing learning style and much more.

By ERFAN M

May 6, 2020

I've learned a lot from this course and it was very productive for me,

By Maw S

Sep 20, 2020

This is a great course for the ones who are preparing to apply a job.