Back to English for Career Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Career Development by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Career Development, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process in the United States, while comparing and contrasting the same process in your home country. This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path, while building your vocabulary and improving your language skills to achieve your professional goals. The first unit in this course will introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills. Unit 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume. In unit 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter. The final unit of the course focuses on networking and interview skills. Anyone may take this course for free. If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

GT
Oct 26, 2020

This is the excellent course to understand the job seeking process and enhance English skill which is especially related with the job hunting. I recommend to take this course for non-English speakers.

R
Jul 20, 2020

AN EXCELLENT COURSE. THE TEACHERS ARE OUT STANDING. THERE IS A CLARITY OF THOUGHT AND EXPRESSION IN THE TEACHERS. EVERY ONE WHO IS SEARCHING FOR JOB SHOULD DO THIS COURSE. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TEAM.

26 - 50 of 4,201 Reviews for English for Career Development

By Andrei l c V

Apr 20, 2019

I learned alot

By Cheryl C

Mar 27, 2018

I thought this class would be appropriate for all but it is geared more to the foreign student and a bit too basic for an American college student

By Khushbu J

May 4, 2021

I enjoyed this Course English for Career Development and learnt a lot .The instructor were so helpful and proactive that it was easy for me to learn and I was able to reach clear all the assignment ..

By Bruna M M

Aug 8, 2020

I bought this curse aiming to get complementary hour for my graduation and I paid the certificate for NOTHING! I am pissed off and I will never buy another course in coursera! Always I can, I will tel ALL MY Friends and acquaintaces to NEVER trust in this platform. SOMEBODY TELL ME WHY I PAID R$170,00 (U$29,00) FOR A CERTIFICATE THAT DOES NOT CERTIFICATE THE TIME I SPENT IN THIS **** COURSE!!!!!! WHY TO SELL AN INVALID CERTIFICATE? WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH THIS USELESS PIECE OF PAPER?? OH MY GOD, I AM SOOOOOO DESPERATE NOW!!!!

By Yuliia B

Feb 27, 2021

I was asking myself and different resources for so long about all the questions you neatly put it into this short course. Thank you for the good arrangement of the learning process during the course.

By Red J

Apr 9, 2019

Some errors on submissions

By Luiz F G

Nov 27, 2019

I see only people complaining about this course and is true. I finished all my classes and I didn't get my certificate. No-one answer!!!!

By Monica L

Nov 4, 2020

I am more convenience and motivated to write my own cover letter and resume. Now that I have that knowledge I would keep practicing. Thank to all who put this course together. Keep up the good work.

By Muhammad S

Sep 20, 2020

its much best course for Pakistani student how have treble in English. Instructor's

are use good vocabulary and deliver word properly due to this course give full understanding.

Thanks Google.

By lina z

Aug 25, 2020

I would like to say that this course has helped me gain many skills and improved my English...

thank you and keep it up...

NB: I kindly ask you to stop sending me e-mails on my hotmail account

By Ivan D E J

May 22, 2020

Excellent course, clear and help me to underestand the hiring process in USA, additionally to increase my english level.

Thanks a lot

By M. S C

May 22, 2020

Can help to increase personal skills

By Nozimova M S q

I can`t get my certificate!

By Aizhan S

May 22, 2020

Dear Brian and Robyn! That was my great experience to develop myself and grow in professional sphere of communication. I have never learned such kind perspective course which gives me lots of opportunities to understand people's reactions, weaknesses and strengths. This is my second online course from UPenn, first was from Canvas Network and each one is completed. I am really proud of you. Thanks a lot. Keep it up! Sincerely, Aizhan Syzdykova, Kazakhstan

By Kaushal C

Apr 29, 2020

I gained a lot of knowledge and information about the Job Application process and how to stand out from other job seekers through this course. It definitely helped me to enhance my English language skills by introducing several vocabularies used in the professional lives. I enjoyed a lot the sample examples and interviews presented in the videos as well as the quizzes and games we had to solve in the course.

By Vedant s

Jun 30, 2019

I liked the way of teaching as well as the way of how the quizzes were introduced to us . I think its the best way by which quality Education can be delivered to any student throughout the world. And a big Thanks to "university of Pennsylvania " as they created a easy way of learning.

By Крылкова Т

Apr 26, 2017

Thank you for this really usefull course. It is easy, interesting, motivating, and challenging at the same time. I really appreciate job you have done and I wish to join more courses from this university. Thank you again and good luck!!!

By Daniel C

Jun 13, 2020

This course was very helpful. I feel more ready to apply for any job in my country. Thank you very much coursera for making this happen! i will definitely join another course to improve my knowledge.

By JERGENS J S

I must say that it is good beginner /practical and refresher course especially for all workers. I suggest they include online application / interview / social media platforms.

By Kritika M

May 22, 2020

The course is amazing . This will help me crack interview . This is the first time I m going for interview and because of this course I feel confident. Thank You so much. ♥

By Tashu D

May 22, 2020

It is very nice experience to learn with you I would like to thank instructors for providing such a great knowledge in very interactive way again,Thank you so much....

By Fabio L C B

Aug 1, 2021

Amazing course!!! Great instructors, good explanation... it really helped me, now I feel more confident about my career and job seeking in the United States.

By Rey M H

Apr 9, 2019

this course helps me to become a better speaker and also being aware on somethings. i highly recommend you guys to enroll on this course. ciao

By Sidhesh M

One the best and user friendly course i have ever completed.Quiz,Videos and reading materials add value while learning.

Happy Learning.

By Vasyl R

Sep 12, 2018

Thank you so much ! You are the best ! It was my first course here and I so delighted that it was yours course ! I will miss you !