Back to English for Career Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Career Development by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Career Development, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process in the United States, while comparing and contrasting the same process in your home country. This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path, while building your vocabulary and improving your language skills to achieve your professional goals. The first unit in this course will introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills. Unit 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume. In unit 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter. The final unit of the course focuses on networking and interview skills. Anyone may take this course for free. If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

R
Jul 20, 2020

AN EXCELLENT COURSE. THE TEACHERS ARE OUT STANDING. THERE IS A CLARITY OF THOUGHT AND EXPRESSION IN THE TEACHERS. EVERY ONE WHO IS SEARCHING FOR JOB SHOULD DO THIS COURSE. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TEAM.

KA
May 3, 2021

I enjoyed this Course English for Career Development and learnt a lot .The instructor were so helpful and proactive that it was easy for me to learn and I was able to reach clear all the assignment ..

76 - 100 of 4,112 Reviews for English for Career Development

Apr 18, 2019

valuable

By Vincent T

Apr 15, 2019

good

By 陈昱言

谢谢

By Aina J J

Dec 18, 2020

the course it´s very basic but is great for people that it is new in the Job search process , also for people that would like to improve their English job search vocabulary or people emigrating to work on new English speaking country.

By Jose R B L

Apr 19, 2019

Very Nice Program

By Glorious G

Jul 7, 2017

The course is great but I think the instructors talked too slow. I was bored most of the time, but I still learnt something.

By Howie Z

Dec 9, 2019

The course material is outdated; thus, the information and techniques might not be useful in reality.

By Honey R

Nov 3, 2020

It was showing free courses and when i have completed my course now the certificate is paid.

By Srilakshmi Y

May 9, 2020

I completed my course but i didn't get any certificate for my course

By JUAN J R T

Sep 2, 2019

no he podido entenderlo no me aporta nada

By Ibrahim S

Oct 18, 2020

Fake course

By Chris

Mar 30, 2020

very basic

By Andre H A P

Sep 5, 2020

I am very happy and moved, thanking God for the opportunity to read, understand, learn and complete this course even though I face some difficulties with the language.

I am a fan of PEN's teaching methodologies and have dreams of being able to graduate from UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA and increase my qualification with an American teaching method.

I have huge dreams and that at the end of this course, I leave strengthened and motivated not to give up on my dreams because every day, I live a present that is still in the future but I am sure that it will be Mine soon.

To the teachers, tutors, congratulations for the clarity because in a simple and brilliant way, they provided me with an understanding of the highest quality and I believe that for all the participants, it is enough to see how successful it is because of the number of subscribers. I am there, in the midst of millions of participants and teachers, please receive my virtual hug here from Brazil and know:

Those who have the privilege of graduating from PEN, have no idea of ​​the dimension that this simple act means to me.

I accept the challenges, I go in search of them !!

Andre Abrantes - Brazil - Specialist and Project Woner at TIM BRASIL -TELECON ITALIA

By Phuc T

Jun 11, 2020

English is my second language. But in this course, I have been learned a lot of things to improve my English and how to prepare well for looking for a new job. How to use the formal word and how to be confident for an interview and impression interviewer. It's really useful and needed for everyone like me. The teachers were amazing and guide me easy to understand all the units I have passed. I really appreciated it.

I really thankful for the UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA to make a chance for everyone without America can easy to learn about some major from college and especially they can study online and free while people don't have time and finance.

Thanks for the generosity and helping me a lot to build my knowledge and experience.

Wishing the college will have more course in the future to help all student around the world add more knowledge and know-how is the best from American Education

By Franklin L P

Sep 26, 2019

I've most learned to take a course of online course.

how to apply a job in the market if how to formal performance while the interviewer and how to make a clearly resume and how to create if what to assign of parts of resume and how to create a good cover letter and how to fast making an cover letter and how to make a good elevator speech whether how to make to do it and I've learned that how to be a good applicant and also how to interview if what you move and how to prepared yourself and what in your saying during on interview. such mention this all i have learned to take this course of MOOC. Online Course is a great benefit for me because i have a lot learning of those module and i useful on everyday life and also works.

By Rajib B

May 13, 2020

I am Rajib Barua from Bangladesh. This course is very contentful and interesting to learn. I have learned a lot of new things from this course which will be very beneficial to achieve my career goal in future. A lot of thanks and regards to honourable course teacher Mr. Brian McManus & Ms. Robyn Turner for your great effort to make this course very understanding, easy and exciting. As well as my regards to the University of Pennsylvania to provide a wonderful opportunity to learn and make me certified. All the best wishes to my teachers and friends who are supporting me to complete this course successfully. I am very interested to do a lot of courses offered in future as well.

By Hashmatullah K

Oct 1, 2020

First of all, taking this opportunity I would like to thank all the team best teachers, students, developers and operators for the best service and support,

actually, this course is very useful and i recommend to all the students and who wants to learn English and wants to improve the skills so once create the online user and join the course and study all the materials here,

specially i have learnt more and more about resume, cover letter, communications, networking, developments and a perfect way for the creation of best resume and how to convince the reader,

thank again for the support and appreciated all the team efforts.

Best Regards.

Hashmatullah Khalid

By Ushatikova O G

Apr 22, 2020

Thank You very much for the such a great course! The course helped me correct my previous mistakes and taught me how to write a resume and all supporting documents correctly. Acquired knowledge was applied immediately after passing each week and gaining new knowledge. As a result, already in the third week of training, I managed to send a resume, which was successfully reviewed, appointed and conducted an interview, which I also passed successfully using the tips and skills gained from this course. I express my deep gratitude to the University of Pennsylvania and course compilers! Also I'm recommend this course for all and wishing good luck!