Back to English for Career Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Career Development by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Career Development, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process in the United States, while comparing and contrasting the same process in your home country. This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path, while building your vocabulary and improving your language skills to achieve your professional goals. The first unit in this course will introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills. Unit 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume. In unit 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter. The final unit of the course focuses on networking and interview skills. Anyone may take this course for free. If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

DI
Aug 24, 2019

It is the very useful course for learning, this course provides videos for better understanding. A part from that there are exams like quiz, games, video recording, review of classmates work and all..

EB
Jul 3, 2020

Thank you for letting us to use this opportunity at this pandemic situation.\n\nI find this course has a lot example which is unstandable and illustration and so efficient for newcomer and job seeker.

301 - 325 of 3,434 Reviews for English for Career Development

By Yogalingam P

Well designed course, i received proper idea to face future job interviews from preparing resume to attending interview. Also learned how to utilize the skill of language proficiency in English to success to process. Appreciation to American Center - Colombo

By Giovanny A G P

Sep 21, 2020

It is a very good course that helps you structure your resume your cover letter. teaches you grammar tips to be able to structure these documents in the best way, covers all stages of the hiring process and how you should spend in each one very good course

By Eloysa M

Sep 11, 2020

I really like the course, each video was very clear and descriptive in order to understand each topic. The examples were helpful to create my own resume and cover letter. I have an idea what should be to have a interview. What to do and don't. Thank you!

By Черняк Е

Jan 9, 2021

I've very enjoyed to study at this course. It helped me to understand what job would fit me and where I could give the best results. I wrote my resume, cover letter and understood how to pass the interview. I'm very appreciate to teachers and university.

By Tohid M

Oct 11, 2020

Excellent course for those who are looking for a job in an English-speaking country. The course provides you with everything you need to enter a job from the job-seeking process to writing a resume and doing great in an interview. Absolutely recommended!

By ko

Feb 2, 2019

Thank you for such a precious opportunity!! I have had different experiences in my resume and went through many interviews, nevertheless the information was useful and new for me. Video hometasks is a taugh thing but it is make a big sense! Thank you!!!!

By JUAN C F F

Jan 29, 2019

Excellent all program helped me to improve my English skills. thank you and I wonder if possible for the next courses take contact via cellphone or internet to finish interview with the instructor I think it would be a good way to assess the students .

By Irfa A

Apr 19, 2020

I would like to tell that it is the best course to learn some skills which are necessary to learn for the job-seeking process. this course helps me to make my rasume and cover letter more attractive. also tells some useful techniques for the interview.

By Cholpon

Nov 25, 2020

I have learnt how to write professional looking resume and cover letter, studied the recruiting requirements in USA. Also got familiar with common questions asked during the interview and inappropriate list of questions that is also important to know.

By Yashwanth.A

Jul 1, 2020

It was really amazing!! Before joining the course I was very unprofessional and doesn't know many things about career development and professional talking. By the end of this course, I'm well confident now to decide what's right for my future goals...

By Igo V A M

Jan 4, 2021

O curso foi muito rico, não é nem um pouco cansativo e te prepara nas bases para entender não só a se preparar melhor para possíveis vagas de emprego, como também dá dicas importantes de comportamento e noções sobre o inglês para o mundo do trabalho.

By Rose L D l C

Nov 26, 2020

The course is very comprehensive and easy to understand. The videos are very helpful as well as the reading articles. I thought I will have a hard time with this one but topics and lessons are discussed well. Thank you. I learned a lot in the course.

By Lazazga C E

Aug 31, 2020

It was an amazing experience, very rich of new information that is very crucial and valuable, also givning important examples and clarifications, great performance by the instructors. I really loved having enrolled in this course Thank you very much.

By PUSHPENDER

Jun 26, 2020

I was very happy to study these courses. this course helps me to understand the interview process in the U.S.A because Thank you So Much for All of those involved in this course. especially Google to find such a great course. again thank you so much.

By yasser h

May 16, 2020

great course, taught by a great professors, this course helped me a lot for improving my English skills, and also for been more professional at Job search process from writing resume and cover letter to doing the Job interview, thanks for this effort

By claudia u

Sep 26, 2020

Excelent!!! very good teachers, the way they transmit all their knowledge, the way to speak that makes themself understood. a clear, direct and very complete course for the labor industry. thank you for make me feel so comfortable i learned a lot.

By Israa S

Jun 30, 2020

c'est une formation géniale pour moi. j'ai acquis plusieurs choses. j'ai appris comment faire un résumé et une lettre de motivation et comment passer mon interview. et le plus important c'est que j'ai même perfectionner mon English. Bravo l'équipe .

By Marcelo D

Jun 1, 2020

Very interesting, I learned many tips that will surely be useful in new job searches , I identified and I could enrich myself whit new words in english .I only have to thanks the possibility of taking the course ,a cordial greating and again thanks

By Diana A

Jun 19, 2020

It's one of the best courses I've ever passed. This course fits to any English level and it's perfect. The course consists lots of useful information that I've already started to keep and use it in my life! Thank you very much for such perfect job!

By M E

Jun 5, 2020

I apreciated to participate in this Mooc, it changed a lot of my ideas about many aspects about learning human great career potentials, and added new and important english development and job hunt techniques.

Big Thanks for the teams' great efforts

By Lizz I

Apr 23, 2020

The videos and quizzes very well done.

Excellent teacher speakers.

Very well guided peer grading instructions.

Los vídeos y cuestionarios muy bien hechos.

Profesores excelentes oradores.

Instrucciones para calificaciones por compañeros muy bien guiadas.

By Jean d D N

Jan 17, 2021

I feel like retrieving all my applications from places I sent them before this course. If I get chance to see another job advertisement, I will stand out. This course has helped me gain a lot of skills. Thank you so much for availing this course.

By Zuhran A

Nov 9, 2020

It was such a woderful experience having this course. This course is full of knowledge for professional development. I learned a lot and I'm sure that this knowledge will help me a lot in future. Lastly a huge thanks to both instructors. Cheers🎉

By BABA M

Aug 29, 2020

Thanks to Coursera team

And provide me best opportunity to learn English skill

In this course I learnt Resume writing, cover letter writing, Networking elevator speech writing , Interviewing and Entering the job market.

Again Ithank to Coursera team

Jul 20, 2020

English for Career Development is a well organized career development course. I would recommend this course to everyone, including those, who have completed their education in the English medium and also to those, who are good at learning English.