Back to English for Career Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Career Development by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Career Development, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process in the United States, while comparing and contrasting the same process in your home country. This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path, while building your vocabulary and improving your language skills to achieve your professional goals. The first unit in this course will introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills. Unit 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume. In unit 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter. The final unit of the course focuses on networking and interview skills. Anyone may take this course for free. If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

EB

Jul 04, 2020

Thank you for letting us to use this opportunity at this pandemic situation.\n\nI find this course has a lot example which is unstandable and illustration and so efficient for newcomer and job seeker.

DI

Aug 25, 2019

It is the very useful course for learning, this course provides videos for better understanding. A part from that there are exams like quiz, games, video recording, review of classmates work and all..

26 - 50 of 2,316 Reviews for English for Career Development

By Red J

Apr 10, 2019

Some errors on submissions

By Aizhan S

May 22, 2020

Dear Brian and Robyn! That was my great experience to develop myself and grow in professional sphere of communication. I have never learned such kind perspective course which gives me lots of opportunities to understand people's reactions, weaknesses and strengths. This is my second online course from UPenn, first was from Canvas Network and each one is completed. I am really proud of you. Thanks a lot. Keep it up! Sincerely, Aizhan Syzdykova, Kazakhstan

By Kaushal C

Apr 29, 2020

I gained a lot of knowledge and information about the Job Application process and how to stand out from other job seekers through this course. It definitely helped me to enhance my English language skills by introducing several vocabularies used in the professional lives. I enjoyed a lot the sample examples and interviews presented in the videos as well as the quizzes and games we had to solve in the course.

By Крылкова Т

Apr 26, 2017

Thank you for this really usefull course. It is easy, interesting, motivating, and challenging at the same time. I really appreciate job you have done and I wish to join more courses from this university. Thank you again and good luck!!!

By JERGENS J S

I must say that it is good beginner /practical and refresher course especially for all workers. I suggest they include online application / interview / social media platforms.

By Kritika M

May 22, 2020

The course is amazing . This will help me crack interview . This is the first time I m going for interview and because of this course I feel confident. Thank You so much. ♥

By Tashu D

May 22, 2020

It is very nice experience to learn with you I would like to thank instructors for providing such a great knowledge in very interactive way again,Thank you so much....

By Rey M H

Apr 09, 2019

this course helps me to become a better speaker and also being aware on somethings. i highly recommend you guys to enroll on this course. ciao

By Sidhesh M

One the best and user friendly course i have ever completed.Quiz,Videos and reading materials add value while learning.

Happy Learning.

By Ivan D E J

May 22, 2020

Excellent course, clear and help me to underestand the hiring process in USA, additionally to increase my english level.

Thanks a lot

By Vasyl R

Sep 12, 2018

Thank you so much ! You are the best ! It was my first course here and I so delighted that it was yours course ! I will miss you !

By Akhilesh K R

Jun 29, 2018

Very Nice course I learned very professional skills politeness, ethics of job search process and how do we perform on an interview

By CHERIF M

May 22, 2020

thank you for all , this course were very interst and I am really benefits with many ways and information to developpe my career

By nanashinogonbei01

Jan 12, 2020

I have learned a lot of knowledge about English for Career Development. Not only Career Dev. but also my English review. Thanks.

By PRABHAT K

Dec 04, 2017

To learn How to write cover latter, Resume and how to attend an interview for that this course is very-very helpful.

Thank you!

By Mujahid u

this amazing course and this enhance my knowledge skill and ability. i am very thankful to be a part of this course.

By Vilma F

May 22, 2020

Creo que la Universidad de Pennsylvania tiene muy buenos profesionales y videos muy didacticos ...Muchas gracias !

By Daniel P M L

Apr 09, 2019

Please give me my certificate at my google acc. (danielpaololastimosa@gmail.com) I need it for my project.

By Abdulrahman A A

Apr 29, 2019

Thanks a lot . I love your way of simple explanation . I gained a lot of experience in this course .:)

By Kanimozhi

Thank you sir and mam for the wonderful guidence and developing my skills Thank you so much.

By LAHCEN E B

perfect course with great teachers and great clarifications

By XIANG L

a little bit too easy. honestly, quite useful for all

By William B C A

I really like it, thanks for everything!

By A M F

AMAZING, I REALLY LEARN A LOT OF THINGS

By Krishna A G

A better course for Career Development.