Back to English for Career Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Career Development by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Career Development, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process in the United States, while comparing and contrasting the same process in your home country. This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path, while building your vocabulary and improving your language skills to achieve your professional goals. The first unit in this course will introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills. Unit 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume. In unit 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter. The final unit of the course focuses on networking and interview skills. Anyone may take this course for free. If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

R

Jul 21, 2020

AN EXCELLENT COURSE. THE TEACHERS ARE OUT STANDING. THERE IS A CLARITY OF THOUGHT AND EXPRESSION IN THE TEACHERS. EVERY ONE WHO IS SEARCHING FOR JOB SHOULD DO THIS COURSE. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TEAM.

EB

Jul 04, 2020

Thank you for letting us to use this opportunity at this pandemic situation.\n\nI find this course has a lot example which is unstandable and illustration and so efficient for newcomer and job seeker.

1101 - 1125 of 2,881 Reviews for English for Career Development

By Jose B A A

Jan 23, 2018

Really good information and tips to improve our skills and chances in an interview.

By Ophillie S

Dec 25, 2017

It is a great course which everyone must consider taking. The tutors are excellent!

By MARIA L B

Sep 16, 2020

A really good course, I learned new things and this helps me to improve my english

By Indira M M A

Sep 10, 2020

I really enjoy this course. I learned a lot about seeking a job and how to get it.

By Hema S

Aug 06, 2020

Excellent course.I really enjoyed the course and i learned a lot .Thanku coursera.

By AVANISH k

Jul 16, 2020

Very helpful and knew so many new things during these classes.

Thank you So much !!

By Jofel M M T

Jul 09, 2020

Its more interesting and challenging but i learned more something about the course

By Aaron J D C

Jul 05, 2020

Excellent Course, Well explained. Additionally, the material provided are so good

By Suíla P T

I learned a lot in this course and enjoyed doing it. I really recommend taking it.

By Svetlana R

May 16, 2020

Thank you very much for such an interesting course! I was really pleased to study.

By REYVEN S

Mar 25, 2020

i really enjoyed the activities and games they give to easily educate each student

By Sa K H S A

Sep 16, 2020

This is one of the best courses to improve English skill.

Thanks for course!!!!!

By Mónica M

Sep 12, 2020

This course is very good, It's specifically about all the process for find a job.

By Khin T M

Aug 13, 2020

specific detail course every job seeker need to learn for professional employment

By Romina E

Aug 11, 2020

I feel very satisfied, I am pretty sure the course will help me in my job search.

By Luciana S

Aug 08, 2020

Excellent course, i improve my knowledge! It will be very useful for my carreer!

By Brittany P F O

Jul 20, 2020

¡Me encantó! Es excelente, estoy segura que me servirá demasiado. Muchas gracias.

By Edna L

Jul 19, 2020

University of Pennsylvania, I learned to much and improve my grammar .

By Васильченко А А

Jun 26, 2020

Great course, especially for a non-native speakers. Thanks a lot for instructors!

By Heloisa R O

Jun 01, 2020

I really like this course, it's simple but amazing! Thank you for the opportunity

By Farman A

highly recommended. teachers are best their ways to teach. everything is awesome.

By Danna V M T

I think is a great course because is easy to follow and also you can learn a lot.

By Hamse A Y

Apr 28, 2020

i would like to send me my certificate because of i have faced financial problems

By RASHI K

Apr 11, 2020

I had a great experience. The tutors are really good at explaining and detailing.

By Shriman V

Jan 28, 2020

A very good course to enhance and shape the professional outlook of an individual