Back to The Truth About Cats and Dogs

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Truth About Cats and Dogs by The University of Edinburgh

What is your cat revealing to you when she purrs? What is your dog expressing when he yawns or wags his tail? Understanding your cat and dog’s behaviour and the way they communicate with you, will enable you to better understand their needs and strengthen your relationship with them. This MOOC is divided into five topics, the appliance of science; behaviour and body language, senses and perception; challenges for the human-animal relationship, including pet problem behaviour; and how to improve the quality of life for cats and dogs in our care. At the start of the course we ask you to consider what you feel is important to your cat/dog and what your cat/dog means to you? We explore the world of cats and dogs and how our relationships with them vary around the world and have changed over time. We ask if we can really know what our animals are thinking or trying to communicate through their facial expressions and behaviours. From our beloved pets to street dogs, shelter dogs/cats and welfare challenges, we explore the world from their perspective and examine how their genetic make-up may influence their behavioural responses and choices. We dispel common behavioural myths by looking through a scientific lens, asking questions about the function and development of their behaviour.. We explore how their senses help them to interact with their world and how they communicate with each other and us! Finally, we ask whether we impose unrealistic expectations on our cats and dogs and how this affects their ability to live alongside us. We ask, what can we do to be more responsible pet owners and to ensure the welfare of all cats and dogs in society? This MOOC explores different scientifically validated methods that can help you to better understand your pet, to enrich their lives and help you to be a more educated and confident pet owner. We hope you enjoy the course!...

HR

Mar 27, 2020

I learned so much about how to decrease stress for my pets and increase their happiness. I also learned how to better communicate with them. Thank you for helping improve my pets quality of life!

JJ

May 02, 2020

I have had a variety of animal companions throughout my life, but this course has taught me that I could always benefit by staying up-to-date on the latest information related to animal welfare.

226 - 250 of 421 Reviews for The Truth About Cats and Dogs

By Merle M F

Jun 30, 2019

A very good material with a lot of understanding.

By Juan F C

Sep 16, 2020

Excelente, enriquecedor y bien estructurado. Recomendado.

By Syed M A R

Sep 13, 2020

It was a wonderful experience learning from this platform

By Yin Z

Sep 15, 2017

Basic knowledge for pets and pets' owners. Great to know.

By Julieta s s

Muy lindo curso, muy didactico aprendi mucho Gracias!!!!

By Patricia D

Mar 25, 2018

Really interresting with a lot of important informations

By Christina G

May 02, 2020

Very informational in a short course. Highly recommend!

By Silvia M

Apr 23, 2020

Very informative course. I learned a lot of new things!

By Katia S

Jun 15, 2017

Very interesting course. A must take for pet companions

By Khaoula C

Jun 30, 2020

I really enjoyed this course ! Thank youu very much :)

By Ella M

Jun 28, 2020

Really enjoyable, engaging and accessible. Thank you.

By Sandrine P

Apr 14, 2020

i really enjoyed this course and really recommend it.

By Sergio E

Apr 01, 2020

Very educational, easy to follow and well structured.

By Lucy M

Nov 27, 2019

I love animals and this course really made understand

By sue p

very enjoyable and broken down into bit size section

By Giannis S

Jun 27, 2020

Really helped me put previously aquired knowledged.

By Susana H

I enjoyed the course and I definitely recommend it.

By Julia A G

Feb 17, 2019

I recommend this course to all cat and dogs lovers.

By Gabriel Y

Jan 20, 2019

Simply excellent. Lots of learning and so much fun!

By Rebecca P

Oct 03, 2018

Very good and informative, well constructed videos.

By MALDONADO A A M

Sep 13, 2020

I enjoyed the course and I learned a lot. Thanks!!

By Subongkoj T

Apr 16, 2020

Love it! I know more how to take care of my pets.

By Shannon R

Oct 16, 2019

Good intro style course to cat and dog ownership.

By Katharina T

Aug 13, 2019

Interesting and great course. Thank you very much

By Heather M S

May 31, 2017

Really enjoyed. Good information presented well.