Back to The Truth About Cats and Dogs

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Truth About Cats and Dogs by The University of Edinburgh

What is your cat revealing to you when she purrs? What is your dog expressing when he yawns or wags his tail? Understanding your cat and dog’s behaviour and the way they communicate with you, will enable you to better understand their needs and strengthen your relationship with them. This MOOC is divided into five topics, the appliance of science; behaviour and body language, senses and perception; challenges for the human-animal relationship, including pet problem behaviour; and how to improve the quality of life for cats and dogs in our care. At the start of the course we ask you to consider what you feel is important to your cat/dog and what your cat/dog means to you? We explore the world of cats and dogs and how our relationships with them vary around the world and have changed over time. We ask if we can really know what our animals are thinking or trying to communicate through their facial expressions and behaviours. From our beloved pets to street dogs, shelter dogs/cats and welfare challenges, we explore the world from their perspective and examine how their genetic make-up may influence their behavioural responses and choices. We dispel common behavioural myths by looking through a scientific lens, asking questions about the function and development of their behaviour.. We explore how their senses help them to interact with their world and how they communicate with each other and us! Finally, we ask whether we impose unrealistic expectations on our cats and dogs and how this affects their ability to live alongside us. We ask, what can we do to be more responsible pet owners and to ensure the welfare of all cats and dogs in society? This MOOC explores different scientifically validated methods that can help you to better understand your pet, to enrich their lives and help you to be a more educated and confident pet owner. We hope you enjoy the course!...

HR

Mar 27, 2020

I learned so much about how to decrease stress for my pets and increase their happiness. I also learned how to better communicate with them. Thank you for helping improve my pets quality of life!

LD

Apr 06, 2020

I really enjoyed taking this course. The lectures were very informative and I learned a lot from this course. I definitely recommend this course for anyone who is interested in dogs and cats. :)

251 - 275 of 433 Reviews for The Truth About Cats and Dogs

By Julia A G

Feb 17, 2019

I recommend this course to all cat and dogs lovers.

By Gabriel Y

Jan 20, 2019

Simply excellent. Lots of learning and so much fun!

By Rebecca P

Oct 03, 2018

Very good and informative, well constructed videos.

By MALDONADO A A M

Sep 13, 2020

I enjoyed the course and I learned a lot. Thanks!!

By Subongkoj T

Apr 16, 2020

Love it! I know more how to take care of my pets.

By Shannon R

Oct 16, 2019

Good intro style course to cat and dog ownership.

By Katharina T

Aug 13, 2019

Interesting and great course. Thank you very much

By Heather M S

May 31, 2017

Really enjoyed. Good information presented well.

By Yuritzy Z

Oct 05, 2020

I really enjoyed this class. thank you so much!!

By Bronwyn B C

It was lots of fun to learn about cats and dogs!

By myna r m

Jul 30, 2019

I am enjoy my first week looking foward to more.

By Sarah B

May 17, 2017

Extremely informative and engaging! Thank you!

By Ingrid A S V C

Sep 19, 2020

Super useful if you want to be a better owner

By Fluffy G

Jul 03, 2020

I loved this and learned so much. THANKYOU!!!

By Violetta K

Sep 10, 2017

Thank you so much. This course gave me a lot.

By Rebecca R

Jun 29, 2020

Very interesting and really enjoyed doing it

By Jamie F

Some very interesting points were brought up

By Troyanovskaya A M

Отличный курс для владельцев собак и кошек.

By Kathrin S

May 07, 2020

Really informative and a lot of good input!

By MAKARANON W

Jul 20, 2019

Thank you very much for a very good course.

By Maia R

May 24, 2017

Amazing topics with fantastic explanations.

By Charlotte D

Jun 09, 2020

interesting good presenting and accessible

By Kerollos S

Jun 02, 2020

thanks for your effort you are all awesome

By Megan R

Apr 29, 2020

A very informative and interesting course.