Back to Child Nutrition and Cooking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Child Nutrition and Cooking by Stanford University

Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future.The text and other material in this course may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, endorsement, opinion, or information of Stanford University....

IV
Jul 24, 2021

Amazing how much I learned watching videos with all the exact words. Not only about nutrition, but about our planet and how to take care of it. Also very inspiring for having ideas for foods for kids.

RH
Sep 16, 2017

very useful and practical course.. it boosts my positive energy to cook more and more in healthy way for my baby coz much love=much healthy.. It inspired me, it's very simple , easy and very healthy..

2526 - 2550 of 2,564 Reviews for Child Nutrition and Cooking

By Shayla G

Aug 24, 2021

While this is good basic information there was a lot left out in terms of what the research really said and more of the science behind why. Also I get that kids don't eat enough veggies but I don't think most of the tips in there really increase most young kids vegetable intake and the whole video focuses so much more on vegetables than building a balanced meal and research on picky eating and how to get kids to actually eat the healthy foods.

By Sergiu N

Jan 2, 2016

Changed my mind after watching the cooking. The course on nutrition is just "ok" but the teacher has a very skewed idea about what "healthy cooking" really is and fails to present with reasons for her recipe choices.

Anyway I stopped watching the course, again, the nutritional part is fairly good but if you choose to continue the course at least make sure you keep searching for other points of view as well.

Best of luck.

By Emel E

Dec 8, 2020

Hello all, it was a lovely course. I am a vegan chef, photographer and mum. I hope they will convert the course with plant based ingredients. Please stop using and seeing animals as food. They are here with us not for us! It is not healthy to eat them. It is bad for us and bad for the planet. Thank you. Emel Ernalbant

By Hal A

Aug 13, 2015

Condescending, not backed up with evidence and preachy. Somewhere in there are some good ideas for making healthy food for kids but given I'm probably of similar politics to what they're pushing and I found it obnoxious I think they're alienating a lot of people. Must do better.

By Iva K

Jan 3, 2018

This cours is good for beginners. It´s nice to see videos and thing about what we have been cooking for our family and children. But I really appreciate deeper view into what is good for babies, infants. What should be the first meal they meet in their life.

By Ekaterina N

Oct 19, 2020

a verey-very simple course, I expected more from Standford. Not how to go to supermarket and wash cutting board after raw chicken.

Was expecting more stuff about difference in food at different age.

By Rebekah M

Dec 1, 2021

I liked the recipes that were shared. The first two weeks of the course were great however after that, the personal opinion of the course instructor heavily dominated the rest of the course.

By jD

Mar 30, 2016

If you aren't familiar with cooking and nutrition this course is a good fit. However, if you have a bit of background in healthy eating, you may not get as much out of this course.

By Komathi B

Mar 20, 2019

Very basic course into child nutrition. Recipes were very basic too. Was hoping this course will cover on how to read labels especially e-numbers.

By Taire S

Very disappointing to see this professor using sugar in most of her meals for her children, and using olive oil in high temperature.

By Ana P

Sep 8, 2016

Was expecting a deeper unsdersting and knowledge of child nutrition and its impact in the health of little ones... too general.

By Silvia B

Aug 30, 2015

I found it very basic. There were lots of repetition. I was expecting something more in-depth. Loved the graphics though.

By Yang G

Feb 28, 2016

dunno wwhat's the point of making two separate courses with different names.. the content are fundamentally the same.

By Yurii S

Nov 28, 2019

There was literally only one module that had to deal with nutrition.

By Ernesto A

Sep 11, 2015

It was too simple for my taste and not very fullfilling science wise

By M. F A

Nov 19, 2020

too easy

By Tamara B M

May 1, 2020

Queridos empleadores y jefes de Coursera, venía sintiéndome orgullosa con poder ir haciendo los cursos gratuitos otorgados por la tan “prestigiosa” Universidad de Stanford, por su buena calidad educativa, pero con lo que acabo de ver, en cuanto a calidad humana me ha dejado bastante que desear. Cuando completé los cursos tan contenta con excelentes notas, estaba dispuesta totalmente a comprar mis certificados, hasta que vi el siguiente mensaje “Al marcar este cuadro, reconozco que proporcioné mi nombre legal, que soy mayor de 13 años y que no soy de Irán, Sudán, Crimea ni Cuba”. Al leer este comentario, comencé a sentir indignación, dolor, porque es enteramente racista que por tu país de origen no acepten a personas de esos países ¿Tiene algo de malo que sean de ahí? ¿Son menos personas por venir de esos países? ¿No tienen derecho a aprender acaso? Me pareció triste e indignante que en pleno siglo XXI, existan todavía esta clase de exclusiones, requisitos engañosos están manejando. No pueden tener un certificado por venir de esos países entonces, por eso y con mis sinceras disculpas, no acepto ni puedo aceptar ninguno de los certificados, porque no puedo tener algo así en mi currículum, algo que mientras yo lo goce otros por su país no pueden tenerlo, entonces lo considero demasiado injusto. En nombre mío y por el amor que tengo por las personas sin distinción de nacionalidad, no acepto los certificados. No tengo nada que agradecer mientras siga viendo esta limitación hacia esos países. Saludos.

By Michał P K

May 7, 2021

I choose the option with a certificate, however I am not convinced to the value it has and in my opinion it downgrades the value of other certificates which can be obtained on the platform after following other courses. This is disappointing. Many issues discussed are common sense. As for the course developed by/ with the assistance of academic community, it should be more advanced, especially as similar courses on this or other learning platforms (eg. MOOC FUN) are more demanding. Alternatively, this course should be advertised as targeted to parents, without a possibility to obtain a certificate (a parent does not need a certificate), as it is misleading for people hoping to get additional qualifications in the filed. If I enrolled for the course only as a parent I would have surely given 5 starts.

By Ekaterina S

Mar 23, 2016

The course is very basic, videos contain a lot of repetitions and quiz questions are too easy (in addition, I believe that there are too much negative questions). I believe that this course should be called an Introduction to the basics of Nutrition and it's only for complete newbies. There are no insights in specifics of child nutrition besides general concepts of balanced diet and some tips how to make your kids be more enthusiastic in eating vegetables.

By Robert S

Sep 1, 2015

Worst course ever. I stopped partway through. Too many links to outside stuff. Tests/quizes were not based on what was presented in the lessons. Test design is horrible, too many negative questions. Glances over the good true information about nutrition to tell us about free range farms, farmers markets, etc., which most people do not have access to or can not afford.

Giving it 1 star is being nice

People who sponsored it should get their money back.

By Tania R

Feb 1, 2017

Some lectures are just right for the public in general but most of them seem to be built from common sense, there´s where I wonder if the American people are so unliterate on food issues. The quality of the visual material is also variable, I am sure that including animation of more appealing graphics would be helpful to engage more people into the course; another challenge would be to prepare more challenging content.

By stephen w

Oct 7, 2015

I only took this Course because I was forced too and I don't think it matters what you eat it's just how much you eat. You also don't need to eat lots of Vegetables and Fruit to be a Health person just saying .Plus this course is boring as hell

By Margarita P L

Nov 17, 2015

El curso empieza bien pero luego tiene una propaganda de los productos "orgánicos" totalmente a-científica e incorrecta y creo que si quieren ser rigurosos y serios tendrían que revisarla.