Back to Child Nutrition and Cooking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Child Nutrition and Cooking by Stanford University

Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future.The text and other material in this course may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, endorsement, opinion, or information of Stanford University....

RH
Sep 16, 2017

very useful and practical course.. it boosts my positive energy to cook more and more in healthy way for my baby coz much love=much healthy.. It inspired me, it's very simple , easy and very healthy..

ZP
Oct 6, 2015

This course is immensely informative, as well as fun! I loved the way Maya made things simple, with diagrams to accompany all of the the nutrition information. I hope she does more courses like these!

351 - 375 of 2,540 Reviews for Child Nutrition and Cooking

By Linjing C

Sep 13, 2015

Clearly state what we should do, why we should do that and provide simple solutions. No hard and confusing terminologies. Also, scenes like families eating at the dinner table is really touching.

By Josephine O

Jul 6, 2021

I​ HAVE LEARNT A LOT ABOUT FOOD IN GENERAL. I CAN UNDERSTAND KIDS FEEDING PROCESS AND IM READY TO MAKE SURE THEY EAT HEALTHY IN DIFFERENT WAYS. LEARNING HERE IS FLEXIBLE AND RELIABLE. THANK YOU.

By Chrislane A

May 18, 2021

Amei o curso! Muito obrigada a Universidade e a plataforma. Aprendi culinária e mais sobre nutrição. Minha gratidão ao curso de qualidade e gratuito, acessível a pessoas que buscam conhecimento.

By Kylie C

Feb 15, 2021

This class was wonderful for coming up with healthy ways to feed my picky children! The professor was also easy to listen to and provided a great lesson plan. I would highly recommend this class

By Sam M

Jun 2, 2020

Absolutely loved the course, its encouraged me to get out my comfort zone through experiment cooking, my family are loving the change and I love knowing the food going into their body is good 💕

By Chelsea S

Dec 13, 2016

Even though I do not currently have children, I felt this course gave a great overview of the basis of nutrition and how to incorporate fresh, whole foods into my own diet and my husband's diet.

Sep 23, 2015

I loved every single moment of it, especially the cooking demonstrations. i am not a mom yet but i hope to be soon, in the main time i would apply all i have learnt to my self. Thank you so much

By Denise C

Sep 10, 2015

This was a really good course. The information was useful and down to earth and the Tutor was friendly with her presentation. I recommend this course to lots of people, friends and colleagues.

By Celecia H

Sep 3, 2021

This was very informative and well presented. Very easy to understand and retain the information. Online system is very user friendly. Thank you and wish I was able to pay for the certificates.

By Emilia

Jul 1, 2016

I could learn more deeply and apply them in daily life. Every time I choose my diet, I remember contents of this lecture. Thank you for making such a good lecture and I hope to apply it again.

By Алёна

Mar 30, 2021

A very interesting and extensive course. There are many examples and recipes. I liked everything. Thank you for the opportunity to explore new directions in dietetics. I recommend to everyone.

By Ji Y P

Feb 14, 2021

It was really happy to attend this course. I learned a lot of knowledge thorough these lessons. I am willing to recommend this course to other students. Thank you for letting know this course.

By Yeniffer M

Jun 7, 2020

Really easy to understand course! I loved it :) Also, the quizzes were great to review and learn about the information oresented before and the cooking demonstrations were amazing! Keep it up!

By Melanie S

Aug 26, 2017

Excelente curso, estuve interesada todo el tiempo, no podía esperar de seguir cada semana, aprendí mucho y ahora podre enseñarles a otros lo aprendido, muchas gracias por compartir este curso.

By Maria d L O

Nov 29, 2018

al ser mexicana le doy mucha importancia a la preparación de los alimentos y sobre todo en la compañia de mis familiares, hacer espacios de comunicacion e interacion disfrutando los placeres.

By Shannon R

May 17, 2016

This class is great! I have enjoyed learning about foods and what are healthier choices. I also have enjoyed the recipes and how you get to watch them which makes them so much easier to make.

By Melissa B

Apr 15, 2020

Great course! This course has helped me make better choices while in the grocery store. I have been to farmers markets before and do feel that they have better quality fruits and vegetables.

By Anjali S

Jun 21, 2020

This course was very helpful in understanding the basics of nutrition and what we should be eating and feeding our children. It is easy to understand and makes learning fun and interesting.

By Nouran R

Apr 23, 2017

Very useful and encourage me to cook healthy food and notice well the ingredients of home cooked food and also the processed food . It also support me because I have a G6PD patient baby boy

By Leslie M

Feb 4, 2016

i learn so many things with simple explanation, the teacher is amazing , i was affraid that will be so difficult o boring but is great, so good that you forgett taht ypu are taking a class.

By Samuel M G

Nov 12, 2015

This a wonderful primer (or refresher) for anyone that wants to learn simple, effective, healthy strategies for eating. I found it useful for all ages, not just for children. Thanks Maya!

By Ethar K A

Sep 15, 2015

It is a great course that mix between medicine and cooking, my two favorite things! I liked the lecturer Dr Maya, she has a meaningful way of showing her course information in s simple way.

By Rosemond A

Dec 20, 2020

Child Nutrition and Cooking has really helped me understand what children healthy diet really entails and how we can get our children to enjoy health meals.... I really enjoyed this course

By Flavia R

Nov 27, 2020

the course was really interesting. Even if I do not live in the USA I learned a lot about the way in which food is produced and about what we can do to offer our children a healthier meal.

By Ayaan G

Jul 30, 2020

Very good course. The creator of this course makes it very engaging. I myself have a big passion for cooking and this course taught me how to use sugar in proportional amounts. Great Job!!