Back to Child Nutrition and Cooking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Child Nutrition and Cooking by Stanford University

Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future.The text and other material in this course may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, endorsement, opinion, or information of Stanford University....

ZP
Oct 6, 2015

This course is immensely informative, as well as fun! I loved the way Maya made things simple, with diagrams to accompany all of the the nutrition information. I hope she does more courses like these!

RH
Sep 16, 2017

very useful and practical course.. it boosts my positive energy to cook more and more in healthy way for my baby coz much love=much healthy.. It inspired me, it's very simple , easy and very healthy..

376 - 400 of 2,366 Reviews for Child Nutrition and Cooking

By Huyen D

Aug 30, 2017

It is such a meaningful course which is very easy to follow and has a fantastic content. I did not know how to build a balanced meal until learning this course!

Thank you Ms. Maya Adam

By Ryan F

Nov 2, 2015

A wonderful course! As a father and a sports Nutritionist I am always thinking how to make my son eat better healthier. Thank You Team Standford for putting together this great course.

By Laura C

Sep 11, 2015

I loved this class! It taught me a lot and was easy for me to pick up where I left off with my busy schedule. I'm so excited to try these recipes and all that I learned with my family!

By Joseph C

Sep 1, 2015

Interesting and informative. Contained a wealth of very useful knowledge about Brain Science, and it was delivered in a quiet, calm, and clear fashion. Simply excellent. Nicely done !!

By Veronica X

Oct 26, 2020

Un curso muy sencillo y detallado, completo para los conocimientos básicos que nos ayudan a pensar en la alimentación no solo de los más pequeños de la casa, si no de toda la familia.

By Barbara M M

Aug 14, 2015

I totally recommend this course, it's didactic, fun and very useful. Even though it's plan for 5 weeks, I get in whenever I can. It's really motivating to change your habits for good.

By Alexander H

Sep 19, 2015

The course is simple and approachable by all. This course is practical, mixing simple science with statistics, rules of thumb, and cooking demonstrations that most anyone can follow.

By Suzanne B

Jun 2, 2020

I signed into the course as a part of my continuing education and found it so extraordinarily informative that I will be readjusting my own personal diet and the way I prepare food.

By Namritaa R K

Feb 3, 2020

child nutrition and cooking is an exceedingly useful and interseting subject to learn. I personal reccomend this amazing couse to everyone. It is also easy to understand. I loved it

By Dr. S V

Nov 18, 2018

I have learned a lot in this course. Its not just only child cooking, i got to know a lot about the different types of foods and their nutritious value. Am glad I chose this course.

By Alka K

Nov 6, 2016

I loved the course !! I am really inclined to such topics naturally. In fact I did want to follow biology sciences during college, however, somehow, the circumstances didn't permit.

By Sarah A

Oct 13, 2015

Absolutely amazing course. I really enjoyed it and it's so practical. I wish there were more of these courses around nutrition and cooking on coursera. Fantastic Instructor as well!

By Taylor S

Aug 11, 2015

Great Class! Wish that the quizzes were more difficult -- they were very straight forward and common sense. The cooking videos inspired me to cook with more variety in my own meals.

By Khatia S

Oct 17, 2019

This course was very helpful and useful. I am cooking everything that were taught and when planning the daily/weekly menu, always considering the "balanced meal".

By Melinda B

Oct 24, 2015

It was very informative. Your basic nutrition and cooking class, but I loved the video demonstrations of the different meals. It gave me some great ideas to try with my own family.

By Sayana

Aug 15, 2015

This is what I was looking for! I found it very thorough, easy to understand and very practical course. Very grateful to the coursera and Dr Maya Adam for this wonderful course! :)

By Rituparna S

Aug 9, 2015

Very interesting course. It has a lot of potential to develop interest among those who aren't really fascinated with cooking. Looking forward to many more courses by Dr.Maya Adams.

By Melina V

Oct 25, 2020

estoy muy complacida de haber realizado y completado este curso. Fue muy interesante y ameno. Gracias por las herramientas y conocimientos aportados por la instructora Maya Adam!!

By Tania R F

Aug 27, 2019

I thought I had finished all the quizzes, etc.. I must have left them unfinished, but this was a great course..

Enjoyable, informative, well-delivered..!!

So happy to get it!

Thanks!

By Betty Z S

Jan 8, 2018

Muy bueno y práctico

El material de apoyo es muy bueno

Información que siempre vale la pena conocer, de suma importancia para tomar en cuenta dentro de nuestro desarrollo personal.

By Cindy G H

Very good course for starting a Nutrition career, so informative from the basics if you have had no previous knowledge of food components and how do they work in general. Thanks!

By Soen S S

Apr 1, 2016

recommeded course!

not only for a mother who already have a child, but for an individual person either.

this course provide so many useful information for our daily life, I like it

By Karin C

May 11, 2017

I am currently a stay-at-home parent and this course really helps me to understand more about the food I am preparing for my little one. Looking forward to more of such courses!

By Saranya d

Apr 12, 2020

Well explained on nutrient content & food preparation. dint felt like my first course in the online platform as the Instructor slang was nice & expressive, Thanks a lot Mam...

By Kateryna S

Aug 27, 2015

Amazing course! So positive, informative and engage learning. I want to watch and to learn one by one videos/ course materials with Maya Adam. She is perfect Teacher! Thank you