Back to Child Nutrition and Cooking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Child Nutrition and Cooking by Stanford University

Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future.The text and other material in this course may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, endorsement, opinion, or information of Stanford University....

RH
Sep 16, 2017

very useful and practical course.. it boosts my positive energy to cook more and more in healthy way for my baby coz much love=much healthy.. It inspired me, it's very simple , easy and very healthy..

IV
Jul 24, 2021

Amazing how much I learned watching videos with all the exact words. Not only about nutrition, but about our planet and how to take care of it. Also very inspiring for having ideas for foods for kids.

2226 - 2250 of 2,501 Reviews for Child Nutrition and Cooking

By maha

Jul 9, 2020

i like the course so much , like its music , its diagrams, the way you explain every single information, and your calming voice

By Istvan L

Dec 21, 2019

I am a professional Chef and was really helpful for me to get some new view about cooking and using ingredients more careful.

By Natalie D

May 16, 2017

Very usefull videos and recipes. I did not like that test questions contain negations, sometimes they were hard to understand

By Sheila S

Oct 19, 2020

Learning about how u prepare food in nutritional ways and being vigilant about the processed food and nutrition label ...

By Bohdana M

Apr 8, 2019

Probably, a good course for absolute beginners to learn the basics and those who have no understanding of how to cook )))

By Rekha V

Feb 22, 2017

A brief and useful introduction to nutrition and building healthy eating habits from childhood—absolutely worth my time.

By Octavia

Jun 8, 2019

es necesario comprender de mejor manera que porcentajes serian los correctos para la alimentación de nuestras familias.

By Sharon D

Nov 12, 2015

I enjoyed this course because it taught me about chemicals contained in processed foods, and showed me healthy recipes.

By Annika B

Feb 21, 2017

Enjoyed it but perhaps a little too basic for my needs. Still would recommend if you are not familiar with nutrition.

By Cecilia C L

Jun 6, 2016

Good basic information for every parent to know.

All of us should make time to cook healthier food for our families.

By Dianne L O

Oct 2, 2015

A pretty solid course, though there does appear to be a degree of cognitive bias regarding certain farming methods.

By Fernanda N Q

Sep 16, 2020

I loved this course. It is simple and basic but it is easy to understand and it is not boring to watch the videos.

By Sreya

Oct 28, 2018

I have done this course before and completed it successfully. But I am not able to get the certificate.

By Melcena K

Nov 29, 2019

I would have appreciated more detailed cooking instructions such as length of time to cook and oven temperatures

By Ronan W

Jun 13, 2021

A​n interesting and informative initial course for this subject. Good materials and useful content. Thank you!

By B k k

Jan 20, 2021

course is very good but all the parents may not provide the healthy food depending upon the family conditions

By Mariel G G

El curso fue muy bueno pero entiendo que podían profundizar un poco más con las informaciones que se trataban.

By Shariefa

Mar 10, 2020

I find it great course, but using nutella and aluminium foil paper were not healthy to include in the course .

By Cynthia T J

Sep 14, 2021

How do you get the certificate of completion?

If purchased, how do you receive the certificate once purchased?

By Gabriella V

Jan 27, 2021

Great information, would be helpful if actual recipe cards were provided for those healthy recipes discussed.

By yaroslav

Jan 5, 2019

Short but pleasant course. Lots of practical information and recipes. I started my kitchen garden afterwards.

By Najat S

Nov 10, 2015

I loved this course. It was full of great ideas and amazing recipes that I shared with my friends. Thank you

By Abrar a

Oct 11, 2015

I enjoyed the course and I cooked some of the dishes it is really taste great beside it is healthy

thank you!

By Beatriz L d M

Jul 1, 2020

I loved the course. But unfortunelly i did for free and didn't get a certification... I was counting on it.

By X-min O

Feb 20, 2016

Very basic introduction and crash course to child nutrition and cooking. For the busy parent/working adult.