Back to Child Nutrition and Cooking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Child Nutrition and Cooking by Stanford University

Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future.The text and other material in this course may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, endorsement, opinion, or information of Stanford University....

ZP
Oct 6, 2015

This course is immensely informative, as well as fun! I loved the way Maya made things simple, with diagrams to accompany all of the the nutrition information. I hope she does more courses like these!

RH
Sep 16, 2017

very useful and practical course.. it boosts my positive energy to cook more and more in healthy way for my baby coz much love=much healthy.. It inspired me, it's very simple , easy and very healthy..

326 - 350 of 2,352 Reviews for Child Nutrition and Cooking

By Olga V

Nov 26, 2018

I just loved it, I know much and I'm doing much for my family of what is told here, but it will be so good to explain to your clients in simple words, to teach them how to live and eat healthy. Thank you.

By Maggie B

Oct 7, 2015

I found this course to be very helpful. It was informative and I learned new techniques to make meals more interesting. I would recommend this course for anyone interested in eating a more healthy menu.

By Angie

Sep 2, 2015

I really enjoyed this class. The teacher is very upbeat and interesting as well. Lots of good recipe instructional videos. She also breaks nutritional information down until its easily understood. Thanks!

By Melissa L S C

Jun 13, 2020

Excelente informacion, muy util no solo para los niños sino tambien para los padres y cualquier persona que su objetivo sea llevar una vida sana y que tambien contribuya al bienestar de nuestro planeta.

By Zainab J D

Aug 9, 2019

Such a wonderful course, very informative. I love how friendly Maya is.

Don't bouillon cubes have a high salt content though? Could've pointed that out in the video so that viewer takes it into account

By Lizeth S

Feb 20, 2019

Me ha encantado este curso, he aprendido muchas cosas que no sabía y nunca tuve en cuenta a la hora de comprar alimentos y también me gustaron los tips para hacer que nuestros hijos coman vegetales.

By Ana S

Jan 17, 2021

I'm Portuguese but Maya Adams explains everything in a very simple way, so anyone can understand. I agree with her 100%.

I liked the recipies, but I do everything from scratch, even chicken stock.

By Sergiu F

Sep 11, 2015

I enjoyed taking this course. I have learned several *new* things about buying, preparing and cooking food. The videos are straight-forward and the content is presented in a clear and concise way.

By Moona B

Nov 28, 2019

Dear Maya, Thank you so much for being so humble and cooperative throughout the course. Your course was extra ordinary helpful in daily routine and belongs to every person belonging to any field.

By Bianca G

Jul 30, 2019

I really enjoyed this course, I learned so much about food and nutrition to implement in my house. One of the most useful courses I have taken, the videos make it very entertaining and educative.

By Danielle

Apr 22, 2017

I really learned a lot by how to make good choices when shopping for food and how to add in healthy alternatives to food I already eat. I've already noticed a change in eating and spending habits

By Linjing C

Sep 13, 2015

Clearly state what we should do, why we should do that and provide simple solutions. No hard and confusing terminologies. Also, scenes like families eating at the dinner table is really touching.

By Kylie C

Feb 15, 2021

This class was wonderful for coming up with healthy ways to feed my picky children! The professor was also easy to listen to and provided a great lesson plan. I would highly recommend this class

By Sam M

Jun 2, 2020

Absolutely loved the course, its encouraged me to get out my comfort zone through experiment cooking, my family are loving the change and I love knowing the food going into their body is good 💕

By Chelsea S

Dec 13, 2016

Even though I do not currently have children, I felt this course gave a great overview of the basis of nutrition and how to incorporate fresh, whole foods into my own diet and my husband's diet.

Sep 23, 2015

I loved every single moment of it, especially the cooking demonstrations. i am not a mom yet but i hope to be soon, in the main time i would apply all i have learnt to my self. Thank you so much

By Denise C

Sep 10, 2015

This was a really good course. The information was useful and down to earth and the Tutor was friendly with her presentation. I recommend this course to lots of people, friends and colleagues.

By Celecia H

Nov 24, 2020

This was very informative and well presented. Very easy to understand and retain the information. Online system is very user friendly. Thank you and wish I was able to pay for the certificates.

By Emilia

Jul 1, 2016

I could learn more deeply and apply them in daily life. Every time I choose my diet, I remember contents of this lecture. Thank you for making such a good lecture and I hope to apply it again.

By Olena H

Mar 30, 2021

A very interesting and extensive course. There are many examples and recipes. I liked everything. Thank you for the opportunity to explore new directions in dietetics. I recommend to everyone.

By Ji Y P

Feb 14, 2021

It was really happy to attend this course. I learned a lot of knowledge thorough these lessons. I am willing to recommend this course to other students. Thank you for letting know this course.

By Yeniffer M

Jun 7, 2020

Really easy to understand course! I loved it :) Also, the quizzes were great to review and learn about the information oresented before and the cooking demonstrations were amazing! Keep it up!

By Melanie A S H

Aug 26, 2017

Excelente curso, estuve interesada todo el tiempo, no podía esperar de seguir cada semana, aprendí mucho y ahora podre enseñarles a otros lo aprendido, muchas gracias por compartir este curso.

By Maria d L O

Nov 29, 2018

al ser mexicana le doy mucha importancia a la preparación de los alimentos y sobre todo en la compañia de mis familiares, hacer espacios de comunicacion e interacion disfrutando los placeres.

By Shannon R

May 17, 2016

This class is great! I have enjoyed learning about foods and what are healthier choices. I also have enjoyed the recipes and how you get to watch them which makes them so much easier to make.