Back to Child Nutrition and Cooking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Child Nutrition and Cooking by Stanford University

Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future.The text and other material in this course may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, endorsement, opinion, or information of Stanford University....

ZP
Oct 6, 2015

This course is immensely informative, as well as fun! I loved the way Maya made things simple, with diagrams to accompany all of the the nutrition information. I hope she does more courses like these!

RH
Sep 16, 2017

very useful and practical course.. it boosts my positive energy to cook more and more in healthy way for my baby coz much love=much healthy.. It inspired me, it's very simple , easy and very healthy..

351 - 375 of 2,361 Reviews for Child Nutrition and Cooking

By Shannon R

May 17, 2016

This class is great! I have enjoyed learning about foods and what are healthier choices. I also have enjoyed the recipes and how you get to watch them which makes them so much easier to make.

By Melissa B

Apr 15, 2020

Great course! This course has helped me make better choices while in the grocery store. I have been to farmers markets before and do feel that they have better quality fruits and vegetables.

By Anjali S

Jun 21, 2020

This course was very helpful in understanding the basics of nutrition and what we should be eating and feeding our children. It is easy to understand and makes learning fun and interesting.

By Nouran R

Apr 23, 2017

Very useful and encourage me to cook healthy food and notice well the ingredients of home cooked food and also the processed food . It also support me because I have a G6PD patient baby boy

By Leslie M

Feb 4, 2016

i learn so many things with simple explanation, the teacher is amazing , i was affraid that will be so difficult o boring but is great, so good that you forgett taht ypu are taking a class.

By Samuel M G

Nov 12, 2015

This a wonderful primer (or refresher) for anyone that wants to learn simple, effective, healthy strategies for eating. I found it useful for all ages, not just for children. Thanks Maya!

By Ethar K A

Sep 15, 2015

It is a great course that mix between medicine and cooking, my two favorite things! I liked the lecturer Dr Maya, she has a meaningful way of showing her course information in s simple way.

By Rosemond A

Dec 20, 2020

Child Nutrition and Cooking has really helped me understand what children healthy diet really entails and how we can get our children to enjoy health meals.... I really enjoyed this course

By Flavia R

Nov 27, 2020

the course was really interesting. Even if I do not live in the USA I learned a lot about the way in which food is produced and about what we can do to offer our children a healthier meal.

By Ayaan G

Jul 30, 2020

Very good course. The creator of this course makes it very engaging. I myself have a big passion for cooking and this course taught me how to use sugar in proportional amounts. Great Job!!

By Felicia C S C

Jul 6, 2020

Thank you so much for making this course available for us to go through. It will help me with my job as a wellness coach and definitely help with nutrition for children and their families.

By angelica o g

Dec 28, 2017

El curso tiene bastante información nutricional y recetas. Igualmente la forma en que se puede cocinar para los niños y adultos. Mostrando que la comida saludable no es difícil de prepara.

By Edgar F B

Feb 15, 2016

Hello.

I found this course very useful, it has allowed me to know what types of things I should look for in food, diversify my family's eating habits and to have fun in the kitchen,

Regards.

By Josefina D

Sep 17, 2015

This course has a lot of valuable info. Things are making sense for me. Sometimes you hear that certain things are healthier and you don't understand why. The instructor does a great job a

By Alex S

Feb 13, 2021

This course is amazing! Lots of high-quality content, incredibly well explained by Dr Maya Adam who's engaging and shares enthusiasm for food and cooking! Would 100% recommend to anyone:)

By Cristel C G A

Mar 8, 2018

I like so much this course, i am mom and i need about correct alimentation for my family, and i think this course let's focus in these, in a correct alimentation based on love and respect

By Maryfer G

Oct 14, 2016

I love how easily the teacher describes everything that has to be with nutrition, highly recommended for parents who want to learn about children's nutrition and for health professionals.

By Danielle L d A F

Apr 12, 2021

This course is wonderful, it was helping me to able to a helping my patients and your parents how to achieve a healthstyle and how to have a geat meals on family and their menas to they.

By Kankana

Jul 18, 2020

I had a fun time doing the course and it has been really helpful. I was able to make healthy life choices and apply these things to my daily lifestyle which felt really good and healthy!

By Jessica J

This course was packed with useful tips and information that will definitely help me lead a better lifestyle for me and my family. It was easy and simple to follow yet I learned so much!

By Karen C

Feb 19, 2021

This course was so easy to follow. I really enjoyed all the notes and illustrations and it was packed with lots of important information. The cooking demonstrations were great as well.

By iG B

Oct 24, 2020

Wonderful course, super useful for infant food and nutrition. A lot of fun the way that information comes to us through videos, I had fun and learned a lot. Thanks for the opportunity!

By Khalilah M

Jun 15, 2020

I love how in depth she goes with videos and language of proper us of nutritional terms. Great Intro class. I am happy I completed the course and these resources were available freely.

By Huyen D

Aug 30, 2017

It is such a meaningful course which is very easy to follow and has a fantastic content. I did not know how to build a balanced meal until learning this course!

Thank you Ms. Maya Adam