Back to Child Nutrition and Cooking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Child Nutrition and Cooking by Stanford University

Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future.The text and other material in this course may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, endorsement, opinion, or information of Stanford University....

RH
Sep 16, 2017

very useful and practical course.. it boosts my positive energy to cook more and more in healthy way for my baby coz much love=much healthy.. It inspired me, it's very simple , easy and very healthy..

IV
Jul 24, 2021

Amazing how much I learned watching videos with all the exact words. Not only about nutrition, but about our planet and how to take care of it. Also very inspiring for having ideas for foods for kids.

476 - 500 of 2,498 Reviews for Child Nutrition and Cooking

By Ashley C

Jul 13, 2017

Gives a good review of basic nutritional concepts. Easy to follow instructor's explanations and diagrams and quizzes match up well with the videos. Great course!

By valerie i

Jun 17, 2017

I did not expect everything I got out of this course. It was awesome and very well taught. I definitely will be looking for more courses similar to this one.

By KARINA V J S

Dec 18, 2016

EXCELENTE CURSO, ADEMAS DE GRAN APRENDIZAJE ACADEMICO UNO CUENTA CON VIDEOS DE COMO PONER EN PRACTICA LO ADQUIRIDO. MUY DIDACTICO Y SOBRETODO DE UNA GRAN CALIDAD

By haneen n

May 25, 2016

Amazing class, wonderful presentation and loads of information. it kept me cautious and full of hope that my family and I will be able to apply these take aways.

By Lexi G

Dec 23, 2015

I don't even have a child; I'm in college, and the simple tips in this course helped me eat sooo much better this semester and even lose some of the freshman 15.

By Dhanya G

Apr 11, 2021

It was a great experience and gained more about child nutrition . The class was in simple language as it's easy to understand. Feeling proud to be a part of it.

By Kathleene C

Nov 14, 2019

So much valuable information was given is this course. Easy to follow and understand. Videos and quizzes were great! I enjoyed the class so much! Thank You.

By THU L T

Sep 27, 2015

Great course!. I enjoyed every single video. All of them were helpful and interesting. Many thanks for coursera and thanks the lecturer for this amazing course.

By Bouchra E K

Sep 7, 2021

A very well thought and presented course with a lot of interesting information and facts. it will help a lot if you want to continue learning about nutrition.

By María E C

Oct 28, 2019

La Información es altamente efectiva para conocer a profundidad los fundamentos de una buena alimentación no solo para los niños sino también para los adultos

By Jayanti G

Sep 8, 2017

great demonstrations of the cooking videos...A visual treat ...

helps us in a taking care of the children more wisely for decisions about their food and diet..

By Mihaela P

Dec 28, 2016

Basic principles of nutrition explained in an easier to understand and remember manner. I definitely took a couple of recipes and key learning points with me!

By Itxaso M F

Sep 28, 2015

I find this course very useful, even if you do not have kids, like me. I would like to study more courses of nutrition after having taken this one. Thank you!

By MARLINE D L

Jul 28, 2020

This course is worth studying, I tried this even with out actual course Certificate for the improvement in my practice in childcare. Yes its 5STARS from me.

By Brenda S

Sep 28, 2017

Loved this course. The video animations were so engaging that even my 4 year old son found them interesting and paid attention when I was taking the course.

By Shonda H

Aug 7, 2017

Very good nutritional content. I think this course can be helpful for anyone looking for nutrition knowledge - not just nutrition for children, but EVERYONE!

By Evelyn V

Aug 14, 2015

I found it very accessible. I am a student in Nutrition and this course allowed me to understand other areas that my current course does not provide. Thanks!

By Lori V

Apr 18, 2021

She is a very knowledgeable and talented instructor. I learned a lot in her class. I would like to sign up for more cooking projects with her in the future.

By Joanne D

May 23, 2018

Awesome course!!!

I really enjoyed learning all information and knowledge provided in this course.

It really help me to make changes in my children's healthy.

By Shara V

Jan 6, 2016

I enjoyed the nutritional information provided and the way it was presented. I found the instructional recipe videos very easy to follow and fun to follow.

By José L C P

Nov 30, 2017

Es un curso excelente, la Dra. Maya tiene una facilidad para involucrarte en los temas que hace fácil la compresión y te invita a continuar. Felicidades .

By Tamanna T K

Jul 1, 2021

I have learnt a lot. It seems like I have invested my time and effort in the right place. Now, I can ensure optimum health for my child as well as others.

By ADEFOLAKEMI R

Jun 28, 2018

The course was very easy to understand and it covered delicate topics which really enlightened me. recipes shared were awesome, cant wait to try them all.

By Edinson C

Dec 31, 2015

El curso me ha gustado mucho. Es el primero que que tomo y me ha encanado. felicitaciones COURSERA y gracias por todo el conocimiento que me han brindado.

By Nora Z

Mar 13, 2021

Me encantó el curso. Me sirvió demasiado para llevar una alimentación sana con mi hijo y mi familia. y me dio perfectas ideas de alternativas saludables.