Back to Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction by University of Geneva

Drawing on the contributions of several academic disciplines including law, psychology, sociology, history, educational and health sciences, economy and anthropology, an interdisciplinary approach guides the student into a selection of critical issues concerning children’s rights. Participants will gain insight relative to the development of this specific human rights category, as well as to the evolution of the challenges faced by children over time and society’s efforts to respond. Successful international strategies and programs promoting children’s rights will be highlighted, as well as the role of key actors involved in international organizations working in this field. This open online course provides an overview of the most important features of children’s human rights. A central portion of the MOOC will consist of a presentation of the international and regional standards on children’s rights and the related international and regional judicial and quasi-judicial bodies designed to ensure their implementation. No prerequisites or specific background is required to register for this MOOC. The course is conceived as an introductory level program, but participants, who wish to deepen their knowledge in the field of children’s rights, or already have some prior knowledge, will have access to additional reading material on a weekly basis. Participants who successfully complete the class activities and final assessment may request for a paid certificate of accomplishment signed by the Instructor and the main professors responsible for the program. However, no credits are awarded. The course consists of seven topical modules distributed on 4 weeks. English is the only language of instruction....

FR
Feb 24, 2020

Truly interdisciplinary course with rich content, and reasonable depth, based upon team work of faculty. I am even recommend my 15 year child to study it and know about her responsibilities and rights

SD
Jan 30, 2019

I strongly recommend this for people who are passionately working among children across the globe. This is the need of the hour! Let's educate ourselves and serve the best for our children. Cheers!

51 - 75 of 428 Reviews for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

By Gulsaule K

Jan 20, 2021

Informative which involves key specialists concerned in the area of the rights of children. Primary topics are covered such as ethical considerations, historical overview on children's involvement in the field of human rights, international organizations and institutions, law and policies on the rights of children

By Maryam N

Aug 13, 2020

It was a thorough and perfect course for me and I think it would be useful for everyone who cares about children and the future of world. This course encourages me to get to know more about children's human rights. Also, the course acquaints me to new matters regarding to the children's rights.

Thank you all.

By SERGIO H G

May 17, 2017

Excelente curso introductorio que presenta en diversos ámbitos el abordaje de los derechos de los niños, teniendo en cuenta las disposiciones universales y regionales relativas a cada ámbito, con relatos y aportes de expertos de diferentes países, enriqueciendo con ello la experiencia de aprendizaje.

By Zoe B

Jul 5, 2017

This course was very informative proving historical framework of the C.R.C , to relevant issues affecting children today . I would recommend it to all persons who currently works with children , parents or persons who simply wish to improve their knowledge base for personal development.

By Gaukhar K

Apr 28, 2019

It is a great course that gave me a wider and better understanding of my own field - early childhood development policy. I came to understand some of the reasons why child development programs can be ineffective. I recommend the course to everyone who is concerned with children in any way.

By rosemary r

Apr 15, 2021

I learned a lot. I am the daughter of a prostitute and I suffered a lot to be a social worker today. Unfortunately, the dollar is too high for us and I will not be able to purchase the certificate. But I hope that one day it will be within my reach. Thank you all.

Rosemary RAmos

By Oduor K K

Nov 4, 2018

The Course was (is) mind opening. I always seen human rights in the eyes of an adult including the popular political, economical and socio-cultural rights. Now I have a deeper understanding of the righst to children and how they are affected by various institutions.

By Karuppiah S

Apr 22, 2020

It was a very interesting and engaging course thorough which I had learnt how to analyze and think about a variety of issues about Children's Rights. I had learnt various aspects and dimensions about the notion of Children's Rights. I enjoyed learning this course.

By jamie b

Sep 6, 2018

I really enjoyed this course and I had my eye opened . The faculties are all experts in their respective field which I like the most . Any one who are interested in children's Right must take this course. Thanks team from University of Geneva. Thanks Coursera .

By Priscila d S O A

Feb 20, 2020

Gostei muito do curso. A aulas são bastante breves, apesar de complexas e ilustrativas. Trouxe muito esclarecimento sobre o atual contexto internacional na luta pelos direitos humanos das crianças e o que as pesquisas recentes tem estudado ao redor do tema.

By Samantha J

Apr 12, 2021

Apesar de tê-lo feito em português, acredito que possa melhorar alguns critérios referente a tradução da prova em português. Mas ademais, o curso foi excelente, consegui faze-lo em 3 semanas, aprimorei meu conhecimento e amplia-lo na pratica em psicologia.

By Denise B

Jan 25, 2021

An exceptional both educative and sensitive experience in children's human rights, the movement towards the Convention and the real status quo among countries and how the support and promote children's rights in everyday life! Thank you for the knowledge!

By Malola P

Dec 29, 2019

This is very good course that strengthens the understanding of the children's rights.

Providing a needly structured material. Two areas helped me a lot understand the children's Rights on the participatory research area and Ethics in engaging children.

By Fe M F

Aug 27, 2020

I found this course extremely useful in giving me an understanding of the international context of the laws and It help to widens the perspective, giving a depth and breadth which adds to the confidence in the relevance of the structures of protection.

By Dr. F R ( P F L

Jan 30, 2021

The online course is well structured and informative. Video-taped course material is clear and relevant. Personally, I found this course to be truly useful, easy to understand for anyone looking to get into legal foundation to understand child rights.

By Alaa M A M

Jun 11, 2020

I have learned a lot in this enjoyable course because it contains a lot of very important information about children's rights and how they originated and developed until today and I advise every person interested in human rights to study this course.

By Carla L F V

May 20, 2018

This has been one of the most enriching courses for me. 7 hard weeks in which i learn everything i was expecting and even subjects that i had not contemplated.

thank you for putting in the course to people so prepared in the subjects that were seen

By Carla D V

Nov 29, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. Thank you very much, all the teachers and their knowledge. Learned so much. Would improve however the subtitles because there were some audios that were not understandable and the subtitles would also mistranslate them.

By Javed K

Feb 8, 2020

I have learned a lot through this Course. The way the Professors were teaching make a visionary Pictures of Children in my eyes and about female. thank you so much and I am very happy that I have completed and learned about the Rights of Children.

By Titania R A K

Aug 12, 2020

For an introduction course, I have learned valuable information regarding children's human rights from the professionals. It also raises my anticipation to participate in becoming an advocate for children's rights. I highly recommend this course.

By Yamiko C K

Jun 27, 2021

This course is an eye opener to issues affecting children, there are a lot of issues that are taken for granted in our societies but if one learns this course, they will have a good understanding on how to deal with children rights violations.

By Siddharth S

Jun 2, 2020

It was a very insightful course. Generally child rights are not recognized in many countries, however every step is being gradually taken to hear the voice of children and address them. Thank You University of Geneva for this course.

By Lela M

Sep 14, 2017

I LOVED THIS COURSE!!! From the way it was presented, to the content and material of each module. I have leaned more than what I initially anticipated as a result of which, I have gained a renewed sense of Empowerment and Confidence.

By Anastasia K D A

Sep 13, 2019

Thankyou for the knowledge, it's really important to comprehend about children's rights because they are our future hope for better world. Giving them the best may leads them to develop them selves to be the best generations.

By Frank K K

May 22, 2021

The course is powerful and brings discussions and debates in children's rights and equips students with modern practical knowledge and skills in using human rights tools and methods to address violence against children.