Back to Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction by University of Geneva

Drawing on the contributions of several academic disciplines including law, psychology, sociology, history, educational and health sciences, economy and anthropology, an interdisciplinary approach guides the student into a selection of critical issues concerning children’s rights. Participants will gain insight relative to the development of this specific human rights category, as well as to the evolution of the challenges faced by children over time and society’s efforts to respond. Successful international strategies and programs promoting children’s rights will be highlighted, as well as the role of key actors involved in international organizations working in this field. This open online course provides an overview of the most important features of children’s human rights. A central portion of the MOOC will consist of a presentation of the international and regional standards on children’s rights and the related international and regional judicial and quasi-judicial bodies designed to ensure their implementation. No prerequisites or specific background is required to register for this MOOC. The course is conceived as an introductory level program, but participants, who wish to deepen their knowledge in the field of children’s rights, or already have some prior knowledge, will have access to additional reading material on a weekly basis. Participants who successfully complete the class activities and final assessment may request for a paid certificate of accomplishment signed by the Instructor and the main professors responsible for the program. However, no credits are awarded. The course consists of seven topical modules distributed on 4 weeks. English is the only language of instruction....

FR

Feb 25, 2020

Truly interdisciplinary course with rich content, and reasonable depth, based upon team work of faculty. I am even recommend my 15 year child to study it and know about her responsibilities and rights

SD

Jan 31, 2019

I strongly recommend this for people who are passionately working among children across the globe. This is the need of the hour! Let's educate ourselves and serve the best for our children. Cheers!

51 - 75 of 342 Reviews for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

By Anastasia K D A

Sep 13, 2019

Thankyou for the knowledge, it's really important to comprehend about children's rights because they are our future hope for better world. Giving them the best may leads them to develop them selves to be the best generations.

By JANNATUL M

Apr 28, 2019

It was really helpful to enrich my knowledge. Now i can share these information to all who are very close to me. Even i can help the children with these valuable information. I want to do more online courses like this.

By Juan P J

Jul 15, 2020

It is a great course, with excellent specialists who gave a different approach to the discussion, several points of view were delivered by the channels, it was based on scientific studies, surveys, it was a great job.

By Tomás M

Aug 08, 2020

Muy buen curso en cuanto a ampliar la mirada de cómo abordar correctamente el trabajo con jóvenes, que va muchísimo más allá de lo jurídico y que requiere de mucho profesionalismo para no causar daño en los jóvenes.

By Maria C N M

Mar 01, 2018

For me, all our professors had imparted to us a Significant Human Experience they had taught from Week 1 to Week 7. I have learned to value and protect CHILDREN'S HUMAN RIGHTS.

By Cristian V R

Nov 02, 2017

Un gran curso disponible para todos aquellos que deseen iniciarse en el conocimiento de los derechos de los niños, y como base para un estudio más profundo. Curso claro, didáctico y absolutamente recomendable.

By Angela M I

Jun 14, 2019

Though it is difficult to understand the instructors, the course is very informative. I have learned things i wish i knew a long time ago and i'm thankful for the instructors and glad i took the course.

By HELENE S H B

Jan 24, 2020

CURSO MUY VALIOSO, GRACIAS. ME LLEGO UN MENSAJE REFIRIENDO QUE PUEDO DESCARGAR EL CERTIFICADO NO SE QUE TAN CIERTO ES PORQUE ENTRO AL PERFIL Y NO SE PUEDE MI CORREO ES helene_lif_123456@outlook.com

By Onisha C

Oct 06, 2020

This course is very Educational and enlightening I had gain so many knowledge about children human rights that I wasn't aware of, I am grateful for this opportunity. this course is well delivered.

By Mary C G

Jun 30, 2020

Found this course to be extremely holistic in nature. Loved the fact that this course was interdisciplinary in nature, all the concepts were broken down into simpler terms for easy understanding.

By Aalok K

It help me to know about children's rights. Especially after doing this course I have learn how the children's participation and their view is important in making any law or schemes for them.

By Jennifer L E R

Apr 25, 2020

It's a big opportunity to learn about children's rights. This course helps me to learn about theories and methodologies related to children´s studies. I hope lets continued to learn about it.

By Devanshi H

Sep 11, 2020

It was an amazing and fully knowledgeable course. Thank you Coursera for giving me such an amazing and great knowledge about this Children's Human Rights- An Intendisciplinary Introduction.

By Adones M

Aug 19, 2020

the course is very good for those who have the will and strength to defend children. gives many basic and profound teachings regarding protection measures research and inclusion of children

By Zahabia A G S

Aug 14, 2020

A Big Thank you to all the instructors of this course. it was an extremely enlightening and knowledgeable course and shall definitely help in my further studies.

The course was amazing.

By Miguel Á A R

Jul 07, 2018

Its an excellent course, I've learned a lot with it, and the teachers were incredible and also have a lot of invaluable knowledge to share. I feel grateful with them. Keep on Teachers!

By Nicole B

Jul 23, 2020

Very informative and broad overview of several of the issues globally impacting children. Thank you for the insight, and I look forward to further researching this important field.

By Andreea

Feb 17, 2019

A very interesting course, I learned a lot. Very helpful information. The quiz are quite difficult, you have to pay attention on every detail. Well done! Many thanks to everyone!

By Eva Z

Thanks so much for this wonderful course - it was very interesting, I appreciated the great variety and professionalism of instructors, and the breadth of content presented :)

By Pravek M

Jun 24, 2020

A very well developed course with rich content. Could gather humongous amounts of inputs about the issue of child rights. Will be able to apply these in my future endeavors.

By Ahmed M E

Mar 28, 2018

One of the crucial courses for child rights. I have benefited a lot from the course as it gave me the philosophical background of policies and Act develop to serve children.

By Monjur S B

Jul 16, 2020

It was amazing to learn from the specialized from this particular discipline. Hope this will help me to utilize my gathered knowledge in the paramount welfare of the child.

By Ana M F d C

Mar 09, 2020

Wonderful lectures, reading materials and videos. Challenging questions, very well thought out. I enjoyed this course and will look into other courses from this University.

By Julie S

Oct 11, 2020

This course provided a broad overview of children's rights, including their historical development, current standing, practices, policies, stakeholders, and complications.

By Rekha k

Aug 16, 2020

This course is very interesting and very knowledgable provided by expert facilitators. I really enjoyed the course . Especially those who like to work in this sector.