Back to Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction by University of Geneva

Drawing on the contributions of several academic disciplines including law, psychology, sociology, history, educational and health sciences, economy and anthropology, an interdisciplinary approach guides the student into a selection of critical issues concerning children’s rights. Participants will gain insight relative to the development of this specific human rights category, as well as to the evolution of the challenges faced by children over time and society’s efforts to respond. Successful international strategies and programs promoting children’s rights will be highlighted, as well as the role of key actors involved in international organizations working in this field. This open online course provides an overview of the most important features of children’s human rights. A central portion of the MOOC will consist of a presentation of the international and regional standards on children’s rights and the related international and regional judicial and quasi-judicial bodies designed to ensure their implementation. No prerequisites or specific background is required to register for this MOOC. The course is conceived as an introductory level program, but participants, who wish to deepen their knowledge in the field of children’s rights, or already have some prior knowledge, will have access to additional reading material on a weekly basis. Participants who successfully complete the class activities and final assessment may request for a paid certificate of accomplishment signed by the Instructor and the main professors responsible for the program. However, no credits are awarded. The course consists of seven topical modules distributed on 4 weeks. English is the only language of instruction....

FR
Feb 24, 2020

Truly interdisciplinary course with rich content, and reasonable depth, based upon team work of faculty. I am even recommend my 15 year child to study it and know about her responsibilities and rights

SD
Jan 30, 2019

I strongly recommend this for people who are passionately working among children across the globe. This is the need of the hour! Let's educate ourselves and serve the best for our children. Cheers!

126 - 150 of 434 Reviews for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

By Hamze H

Nov 3, 2020

it was great resourceful course which will help my academic and work capacity and build comfortable and safe environment for the child

By Situ s

Jun 29, 2019

I find it very helpful to understand the children psychology. and many other things that will help you to get the children's feelings.

By VOLIA F

Dec 31, 2017

This course was very interesting. I recommand it to all of you. Everybody should to know that Children have rights like adults people.

By Lorraine S

Jul 7, 2020

The course was very thoroughly explained and very educative. I enjoyed every lecture. I gained enough knowledge for my next career.

By Shariful I

It's really an amazing course. I am really thankful to the team for providing us with this incredibly fantastic learning experience.

By Munther M B E

Sep 21, 2020

THE COURSE WAS VERY USEFUL, i learned a lot from it and i discovered many facts about violations and discrimination against women.

By Marcela V

Jul 2, 2019

Excellent course, I loved every section, clearly explained. I actually consulted other sources just to learn more about each topic.

By Mmassa A

Sep 9, 2021

it was amazing, I wish I can have the change to continue and get a credited certificate. The course is very relevant and important

By Daniela S G

May 26, 2021

I gained so much new knowledge. Now I can give an informed opinion during discussions with colleagues and my university students

By Tabitha E S

Oct 1, 2020

Enjoyed the course. I wished I knew about it last year when I was studying for the subjects for my Master in Criminal Justice.

By Indrė K

Oct 5, 2017

Very useful basic background for people interested in Children's Rights opening the way to deepen the knowledge in this area

By ANSUMAN D

May 6, 2021

Highly recommend for folks working with children across the globe. It is very informative and would help all practitioners.

By Zoya C

Apr 29, 2020

Course is well organized. Anyone with zero knowledge on Children Rights can best out of here. In a nut shell, its worth it.

By MADHUPARNA R

Apr 13, 2020

It is an extremely informative and well made course. I thank Coursera and University of Geneva for such a wonderful course.

By Ndabula C C

Jul 20, 2019

Wow! I love this course. It was broken down for easy understanding and encompasses almost every aspect of children's rights

By Jorge S M

Mar 31, 2019

I really liked the course, it was very informative and it really opens your eyes about the treatment of children worldwide.

By Berenice R

Feb 2, 2018

Disfruté mucho el curso, para quienes comenzamos a profundizar en el tema de infancias y derechos, es una gran herramienta.

By Ujwala

Sep 9, 2020

Excellent course in giving an overview of children's human rights, on main perspectives of Law, Anthropology and Sociology

By Sofia N M

Aug 15, 2020

i would like to thank coursera for the opportunity to take this course with finantial aid, it was a great chance to learn.

By Himanshi s

The course is really informative and provides the necessary information including the history and the current situation .

By Merlan V

Oct 25, 2017

It was a pleasure to pass this course. I learned a lot of very usefull information for my new job.

By Clara A

Jun 18, 2017

Very interesting and motivating course. Now it´s time to read everything again and make my reflections on the subject.

By Nabin M

Jul 11, 2017

Well-organized and covered key elements of Children's Human rights. Thank you for the short but comprehensive course.

By Jane O M

May 25, 2017

This course was very good, I learnt a lot during the 7 weeks period. I would recommend friends to take this course.

By María E U S

Jul 2, 2021

E​ntrega una completa vision interdisciplinaria de los derechos humanos de los NNA y problematicas asociadas. Qued