Back to Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction by University of Geneva

Drawing on the contributions of several academic disciplines including law, psychology, sociology, history, educational and health sciences, economy and anthropology, an interdisciplinary approach guides the student into a selection of critical issues concerning children’s rights. Participants will gain insight relative to the development of this specific human rights category, as well as to the evolution of the challenges faced by children over time and society’s efforts to respond. Successful international strategies and programs promoting children’s rights will be highlighted, as well as the role of key actors involved in international organizations working in this field. This open online course provides an overview of the most important features of children’s human rights. A central portion of the MOOC will consist of a presentation of the international and regional standards on children’s rights and the related international and regional judicial and quasi-judicial bodies designed to ensure their implementation. No prerequisites or specific background is required to register for this MOOC. The course is conceived as an introductory level program, but participants, who wish to deepen their knowledge in the field of children’s rights, or already have some prior knowledge, will have access to additional reading material on a weekly basis. Participants who successfully complete the class activities and final assessment may request for a paid certificate of accomplishment signed by the Instructor and the main professors responsible for the program. However, no credits are awarded. The course consists of seven topical modules distributed on 4 weeks. English is the only language of instruction....

FR

Feb 25, 2020

Truly interdisciplinary course with rich content, and reasonable depth, based upon team work of faculty. I am even recommend my 15 year child to study it and know about her responsibilities and rights

SD

Jan 31, 2019

I strongly recommend this for people who are passionately working among children across the globe. This is the need of the hour! Let's educate ourselves and serve the best for our children. Cheers!

126 - 150 of 327 Reviews for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

By Ewelina J

Jun 21, 2020

An extremely valuable course led by great teachers. I strongly recommend it to everyone.

By Milica S

Sep 27, 2019

Very useful, rare chance to hear from people directly involved in drafting the Conve

By Елена Е

Jun 07, 2020

Hard-hitting reporting Thanks a lot.

I've got too much to think about right now.

By ANJU. K

Jun 04, 2020

very good videos, appreciate the whole team to give me a chance to participate it.

By Arlene P

Apr 13, 2018

I really enjoyed this course , learnt lots that I will add to my book of knowledge

By Mitali m

May 13, 2020

Very nice course with a lot of latest content and data, veru easy to understand

By Valerie A N

May 13, 2017

Very informative and very essential to both men & women, young & old. Thank you!

By Md F R

Nov 27, 2018

A simple course with lot of information in relation to children's human rights!

By Juha-Matti L

Sep 01, 2018

Very educational and definitely gave me a solid platform to go on from. Thanks!

By Epiphane A

Jun 07, 2017

A must for everyone interested in Children's Right and Child Protection

Epiphane

By Sharon D

Apr 01, 2017

Very informative. I like the additional resources offered for further learning.

By Patricia P

Jul 10, 2019

Really Enjoyed it. It gave a great overview of an important topic for society.

By Adriana A A

Dec 29, 2019

Es uno de los mejores cursos sobre derechos de la infancia que he registrado.

By Cyndie H

Jan 23, 2018

Please advise when i will get my certificate. It still says pending review.

By Michael A O L

Oct 04, 2019

excelente curso para introducirse a los derechos del niño de manera general

By Samuel O

Jan 17, 2018

Hasta el momento ha cumplido con mis expectativas espero terminarlo pronto!

By Tanishq A

Jun 18, 2020

I learned alot from this course , what a perfect combinations of teachers

By Sana A

Jan 20, 2020

This course has helped me a lot to learn about Children Rights and UNCHR

By Jeesson A

Apr 30, 2017

This was a very informative course especially for child rights advocates

By ODILI L C

Sep 14, 2020

Very interesting course. I learnt enough to aid me in further studies.

By Mihad A A A

Jun 17, 2020

i would like to thank all people who work in this wonderful course .

By Radheshyam P

Jun 18, 2020

It was well structured and interested due to short form of lectures.

By srijal s

May 16, 2019

gave me new insights , will definitely help me in my studies ahead .

By Jennifer M

Jun 17, 2020

I learnt a lot and got some researchable ideas on children's right.

By Carole S

Oct 12, 2017

One of the best courses I have ever taken! I highly recommend it.