Back to Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction by University of Geneva

Drawing on the contributions of several academic disciplines including law, psychology, sociology, history, educational and health sciences, economy and anthropology, an interdisciplinary approach guides the student into a selection of critical issues concerning children’s rights. Participants will gain insight relative to the development of this specific human rights category, as well as to the evolution of the challenges faced by children over time and society’s efforts to respond. Successful international strategies and programs promoting children’s rights will be highlighted, as well as the role of key actors involved in international organizations working in this field. This open online course provides an overview of the most important features of children’s human rights. A central portion of the MOOC will consist of a presentation of the international and regional standards on children’s rights and the related international and regional judicial and quasi-judicial bodies designed to ensure their implementation. No prerequisites or specific background is required to register for this MOOC. The course is conceived as an introductory level program, but participants, who wish to deepen their knowledge in the field of children’s rights, or already have some prior knowledge, will have access to additional reading material on a weekly basis. Participants who successfully complete the class activities and final assessment may request for a paid certificate of accomplishment signed by the Instructor and the main professors responsible for the program. However, no credits are awarded. The course consists of seven topical modules distributed on 4 weeks. English is the only language of instruction....

SD

Jan 31, 2019

I strongly recommend this for people who are passionately working among children across the globe. This is the need of the hour! Let's educate ourselves and serve the best for our children. Cheers!

DM

Jun 17, 2017

I found this to be extremely informative along with being interesting. Children are our future and must be cared for at all costs while maintaining their rights. Thank you for this course.

26 - 50 of 185 Reviews for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

By Silvia A D

Jan 27, 2018

Un curso muy interesante, especialmente por abarcar muchos temas, y por la variedad y alto nivel de sus ponentes. Me resultó muy enriquecedor

By Viola H

Jun 01, 2018

Very interesting and comprehensive course! Thank you

By Ahmad R

Apr 22, 2017

very informative and good

By Karimov A M

May 08, 2017

It was great pleasure to listen the lectures of great personalities. Really it's perfectly course what I ever have seen. Thank you! . I recommend that for all.

By Fadime B

Jan 07, 2018

I learned very useful information on this course as a teacher. Everyone who working with children must know about children human rights.

By Indrė K

Oct 05, 2017

Very useful basic background for people interested in Children's Rights opening the way to deepen the knowledge in this area

By JUAN J B

Jul 19, 2017

Excellent!!

By Miguel Á A R

Jul 07, 2018

Its an excellent course, I've learned a lot with it, and the teachers were incredible and also have a lot of invaluable knowledge to share. I feel grateful with them. Keep on Teachers!

By Tara V

Jun 13, 2018

This class was very difficult due to language difficulty but it was a great informative class.

By Liban A M

Jan 26, 2018

I am Liban from Somalia, law student. I would like to thank coursera.org and University of Geneva for allowing us to take this course while we are in our homes. I learned more about children's Human rights - An Interdisciplinary introduction. I can't concise by writing the knowledge I get this course. Thank you very much.

By Sally R

Sep 25, 2017

Excellent variety of speakers.

By Berenice R

Feb 02, 2018

Disfruté mucho el curso, para quienes comenzamos a profundizar en el tema de infancias y derechos, es una gran herramienta.

By Orlane S

Aug 22, 2017

SUPER

By JOHN E V A

Jun 05, 2018

ME GUSTÓ MUCHO EL CURSO DE DERECHOS HUMANOS DE LOS NIÑOS, ES MUY CLARO Y COMPLETO, ESPERO ME SIRVA EN COLOMBIA PARA LA APLICACIÓN DE LOS DERECHOS DE LOS NIÑOS

By Dylan D

Sep 22, 2017

It was by no means a difficult

By Jonathan C

Sep 18, 2017

Fantastic course with a huge amount to learn and some great resources. Persevere with it, it gets better as it goes on.

My only criticism would be that the end of module tests are extremely badly designed! Most of the questions are in bad English, the questions and answers extremely ambiguous, and often don't cover some of the key concepts of the modules.

It would be great to have some compulsory group work too - I found the Forums quite inactive.

By 刘万吉

Apr 18, 2017

pretty good course

By Ana K d P e S

Sep 06, 2017

just great!

By Claudia M

Jul 13, 2017

Very interesting and well done!!

By Denitsa M

Apr 29, 2018

Covering very prevalent topics on the field of child protection. Not time consuming at all. Very well structured with many practical examples.

By Jane O M

May 25, 2017

This course was very good, I learnt a lot during the 7 weeks period. I would recommend friends to take this course.

By Raysa N D S

Jun 05, 2017

Un curso bastante completo, aprendí mucho. Lo recomiendo.

By Cristian V R

Nov 02, 2017

Un gran curso disponible para todos aquellos que deseen iniciarse en el conocimiento de los derechos de los niños, y como base para un estudio más profundo. Curso claro, didáctico y absolutamente recomendable.

By Maria M F

Nov 13, 2017

Hi,

As a lawyer, a fammily mediator, and as a teacher/trainer in Children's Rights, I am so glad to have found this "Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction" course by the University of Geneva, which provide me a fundamental continuous uptade in the field of children's rights. It was a privilege for me to have the opportunity to attend each and every Module, by the most prestigious Professors, researchers, experts and consultants in Children's Rights. Let me refer what a pleasent surprise it was to find the Portuguese, Dra. Marta Santos Pais (whose brilliant work I've followed since I first start working in the field of children's rights), as one of the Experts. Through the years I've attended a few courses in Portugal in this area, but this one was the qualitative leap I was searching for.

I would like to congratulate Prof. Philip D. Jaffé, Dr.h.c. Jean Zermatten and Dr. Roberta Ruggiero for the excellent, brilliant course and to thank for the considerable opportunity of learning that as been presented to me.

Yours sincerely, Maria Manuel Figueiredo

By vivian G

Mar 05, 2018

Es un curso excelente para afianzar tanto aspectos legales de derecho humanitario en específico de los niños , como también, terminología legal en el idioma Inglés.