Back to Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction by University of Geneva

Drawing on the contributions of several academic disciplines including law, psychology, sociology, history, educational and health sciences, economy and anthropology, an interdisciplinary approach guides the student into a selection of critical issues concerning children’s rights. Participants will gain insight relative to the development of this specific human rights category, as well as to the evolution of the challenges faced by children over time and society’s efforts to respond. Successful international strategies and programs promoting children’s rights will be highlighted, as well as the role of key actors involved in international organizations working in this field. This open online course provides an overview of the most important features of children’s human rights. A central portion of the MOOC will consist of a presentation of the international and regional standards on children’s rights and the related international and regional judicial and quasi-judicial bodies designed to ensure their implementation. No prerequisites or specific background is required to register for this MOOC. The course is conceived as an introductory level program, but participants, who wish to deepen their knowledge in the field of children’s rights, or already have some prior knowledge, will have access to additional reading material on a weekly basis. Participants who successfully complete the class activities and final assessment may request for a paid certificate of accomplishment signed by the Instructor and the main professors responsible for the program. However, no credits are awarded. The course consists of seven topical modules distributed on 4 weeks. English is the only language of instruction....

SD

Jan 31, 2019

I strongly recommend this for people who are passionately working among children across the globe. This is the need of the hour! Let's educate ourselves and serve the best for our children. Cheers!

DM

Jun 17, 2017

I found this to be extremely informative along with being interesting. Children are our future and must be cared for at all costs while maintaining their rights. Thank you for this course.

76 - 100 of 181 Reviews for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

By Tara V

Jun 13, 2018

This class was very difficult due to language difficulty but it was a great informative class.

By Silvia A D

Jan 27, 2018

Un curso muy interesante, especialmente por abarcar muchos temas, y por la variedad y alto nivel de sus ponentes. Me resultó muy enriquecedor

By Karimov A M

May 08, 2017

It was great pleasure to listen the lectures of great personalities. Really it's perfectly course what I ever have seen. Thank you! . I recommend that for all.

By Indrė K

Oct 05, 2017

Very useful basic background for people interested in Children's Rights opening the way to deepen the knowledge in this area

By JUAN J B

Jul 19, 2017

Excellent!!

By Miguel Á A R

Jul 07, 2018

Its an excellent course, I've learned a lot with it, and the teachers were incredible and also have a lot of invaluable knowledge to share. I feel grateful with them. Keep on Teachers!

By Dylan D

Sep 22, 2017

It was by no means a difficult

By Jonathan C

Sep 18, 2017

Fantastic course with a huge amount to learn and some great resources. Persevere with it, it gets better as it goes on.

My only criticism would be that the end of module tests are extremely badly designed! Most of the questions are in bad English, the questions and answers extremely ambiguous, and often don't cover some of the key concepts of the modules.

It would be great to have some compulsory group work too - I found the Forums quite inactive.

By Berenice R

Feb 02, 2018

Disfruté mucho el curso, para quienes comenzamos a profundizar en el tema de infancias y derechos, es una gran herramienta.

By Orlane S

Aug 22, 2017

SUPER

By JOHN E V A

Jun 05, 2018

ME GUSTÓ MUCHO EL CURSO DE DERECHOS HUMANOS DE LOS NIÑOS, ES MUY CLARO Y COMPLETO, ESPERO ME SIRVA EN COLOMBIA PARA LA APLICACIÓN DE LOS DERECHOS DE LOS NIÑOS

By 刘万吉

Apr 18, 2017

pretty good course

By Ana K d P e S

Sep 06, 2017

just great!

By Denitsa M

Apr 29, 2018

Covering very prevalent topics on the field of child protection. Not time consuming at all. Very well structured with many practical examples.

By Angelica V R C

Aug 29, 2018

Muy buen curso, entendible y bastante sencillo de seguir

By ISAIAH M M

Aug 31, 2018

Good class

By Oduor K K

Nov 04, 2018

The Course was (is) mind opening. I always seen human rights in the eyes of an adult including the popular political, economical and socio-cultural rights. Now I have a deeper understanding of the righst to children and how they are affected by various institutions.

By Jorge S M

Mar 31, 2019

I really liked the course, it was very informative and it really opens your eyes about the treatment of children worldwide.

By JANNATUL M

Apr 28, 2019

It was really helpful to enrich my knowledge. Now i can share these information to all who are very close to me. Even i can help the children with these valuable information. I want to do more online courses like this.

By Gaukhar K

Apr 28, 2019

It is a great course that gave me a wider and better understanding of my own field - early childhood development policy. I came to understand some of the reasons why child development programs can be ineffective. I recommend the course to everyone who is concerned with children in any way.

By Natalia C S

Apr 05, 2019

Very nice and useful

By Liliana F D V A

Mar 25, 2019

The content of this course is truly exceptional! I loved the diversity of topics presented and the instructors really made me want to go into further detail as I do research on my own! I believe that I would only like to point out that there were some discrepancies in the transcripts of the videos which, if corrected, would make this course just perfect. I would really like to thank all the experts and instructors for their invaluable time and support creating and sharing this MOOC with the community!

By srijal s

May 16, 2019

gave me new insights , will definitely help me in my studies ahead .

By Bahariye A

Jun 04, 2019

Very informative.

By Ana M F d C

Jun 06, 2019

Wonderful lectures, reading materials and videos. Challenging questions, very well thought out. I enjoyed this course and will look into other courses from this University.