Back to Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction by University of Geneva

Drawing on the contributions of several academic disciplines including law, psychology, sociology, history, educational and health sciences, economy and anthropology, an interdisciplinary approach guides the student into a selection of critical issues concerning children’s rights. Participants will gain insight relative to the development of this specific human rights category, as well as to the evolution of the challenges faced by children over time and society’s efforts to respond. Successful international strategies and programs promoting children’s rights will be highlighted, as well as the role of key actors involved in international organizations working in this field. This open online course provides an overview of the most important features of children’s human rights. A central portion of the MOOC will consist of a presentation of the international and regional standards on children’s rights and the related international and regional judicial and quasi-judicial bodies designed to ensure their implementation. No prerequisites or specific background is required to register for this MOOC. The course is conceived as an introductory level program, but participants, who wish to deepen their knowledge in the field of children’s rights, or already have some prior knowledge, will have access to additional reading material on a weekly basis. Participants who successfully complete the class activities and final assessment may request for a paid certificate of accomplishment signed by the Instructor and the main professors responsible for the program. However, no credits are awarded. The course consists of seven topical modules distributed on 4 weeks. English is the only language of instruction....

SD

Jan 31, 2019

I strongly recommend this for people who are passionately working among children across the globe. This is the need of the hour! Let's educate ourselves and serve the best for our children. Cheers!

DM

Jun 17, 2017

I found this to be extremely informative along with being interesting. Children are our future and must be cared for at all costs while maintaining their rights. Thank you for this course.

76 - 100 of 167 Reviews for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

By Ihor K

Jun 19, 2017

This course is very comprehensive and inspiring. Many professionals involved in it, so you can understand its interdisciplinary character in full.

By SERGIO H G

May 17, 2017

Excelente curso introductorio que presenta en diversos ámbitos el abordaje de los derechos de los niños, teniendo en cuenta las disposiciones universales y regionales relativas a cada ámbito, con relatos y aportes de expertos de diferentes países, enriqueciendo con ello la experiencia de aprendizaje.

By Marijeta P

Aug 17, 2017

Excellent course, very comprehensive and interesting.

By Fabio C

Jun 07, 2017

This couse was very interesting. Thanks!

By saima r

Aug 19, 2017

very useful course

By Clara A

Jun 18, 2017

Very interesting and motivating course. Now it´s time to read everything again and make my reflections on the subject.

By Robert K C

Apr 23, 2017

An excellent course

By Nabin M

Jul 11, 2017

Well-organized and covered key elements of Children's Human rights. Thank you for the short but comprehensive course.

By amarjeet k S

Feb 15, 2017

A wonderful course indeed. I had a lot to learn. Thank you so much. You are doing such a nice job.

By JOHN Q

May 31, 2017

Thanks. Interesting Course.

By Lucia V

May 20, 2018

This has been one of the most enriching courses for me. 7 hard weeks in which i learn everything i was expecting and even subjects that i had not contemplated.

thank you for putting in the course to people so prepared in the subjects that were seen

By Ahmer J K

Jan 29, 2017

Excellent course!

By Tri I Z

Apr 25, 2017

The materials are good and the lecturers were so great.

By Ahmed M E

Mar 28, 2018

One of the crucial courses for child rights. I have benefited a lot from the course as it gave me the philosophical background of policies and Act develop to serve children.

By Chinmay J

Jul 05, 2017

best course to learn child rights.

By Sharon D

Apr 01, 2017

Very informative. I like the additional resources offered for further learning.

By Krista G

Aug 22, 2017

Amazing course!

By Masha K

Jun 17, 2017

It is great resourceful course!

By Ethige B S

Oct 15, 2018

First of all I am thanking very much University of Geneva, Switzerland has given opportunity to study about Children's Human rights - An Interdisciplinary under Coursera organization. I am a Auditor of the United Nation Association of Singapore and active in Human right as well as Humanitarian. This course is very helpful to improve my knowledge as well as Laws. Further more I would like to thank all Professors and Lecturers explained very clearly, wider and deeper to understand all modules in this course.

Best Regards from Singapore

Ethige Bernard Silva.

By jamie b

Sep 06, 2018

I really enjoyed this course and I had my eye opened . The faculties are all experts in their respective field which I like the most . Any one who are interested in children's Right must take this course. Thanks team from University of Geneva. Thanks Coursera .

By Deborah T

Apr 25, 2019

I very much enjoyed this course. Thank you!

By Gaukhar K

Apr 28, 2019

It is a great course that gave me a wider and better understanding of my own field - early childhood development policy. I came to understand some of the reasons why child development programs can be ineffective. I recommend the course to everyone who is concerned with children in any way.

By JANNATUL M

Apr 28, 2019

It was really helpful to enrich my knowledge. Now i can share these information to all who are very close to me. Even i can help the children with these valuable information. I want to do more online courses like this.

By srijal s

May 16, 2019

gave me new insights , will definitely help me in my studies ahead .

By Angela M I

Jun 14, 2019

Though it is difficult to understand the instructors, the course is very informative. I have learned things i wish i knew a long time ago and i'm thankful for the instructors and glad i took the course.