Back to Data Management for Clinical Research

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Management for Clinical Research by Vanderbilt University

This course presents critical concepts and practical methods to support planning, collection, storage, and dissemination of data in clinical research. Understanding and implementing solid data management principles is critical for any scientific domain. Regardless of your current (or anticipated) role in the research enterprise, a strong working knowledge and skill set in data management principles and practice will increase your productivity and improve your science. Our goal is to use these modules to help you learn and practice this skill set. This course assumes very little current knowledge of technology other than how to operate a web browser. We will focus on practical lessons, short quizzes, and hands-on exercises as we explore together best practices for data management....

AK

This course is very carefully designed to give a moderate idea how the eCRFs are made in RedCap database system.It gives you a fair background of clinical research processes and database designing.

EJ
Nov 12, 2019

Very excellent course with fun project assignments. I learned quite alot even though I already have a good amount of knowledge on data management! The professors are also engaging and professional.

76 - 100 of 314 Reviews for Data Management for Clinical Research

By Diego R

Jul 6, 2020

Very good course. I enjoyed Paul classes specially and it was very informative. If I may add my opinion there was a bit overlap at the end of the course, there where two classes that were very similar talking about clinical research in developing countries.

By robin z

Sep 14, 2020

The course is well designed and very helpful for people trying to get themselves into the clinical research. It teaches some fundamental knowledge of clinical study as well as practical skills such as the utilization of EDC. Highly recommended!

By Erick M J T

Sep 4, 2020

Un curso excelente con mucha información relevante, distintos instructores y una cuidadosa selección de material y lecturas sugeridas. Realmente lo recomiendo para cualquier persona interesada en la gestión de datos de investigaciones clínicas.

By Yi-Chi B

Jun 19, 2020

This is a great course that provides important advice on clinical data capturing as well as hands on experience in designing forms or surveys using the data capturing system REDCap. I am ready to use what I learned from this course on my job!

By Renuka N

Jul 4, 2020

Fantastic course with in-depth information. It needs enough thorough reading. Very good assignments with REDCap! Instructors are very clear and engaging. I liked them all. mHealth could have been updated to latest by the same person. Cheers!

By Rama

Apr 21, 2020

Learned basic technologies to build survey or test cases relate to specific disciplines and apply these electronic data capture system experience to use in my research career. Thanks to all wonderful teachers of Coursera Data Management!

By Deepa P S

Oct 27, 2020

Wonderful course with detailed description of each module plus assignments on redCap to make us understand better. A very well defined and structured course!!. Thanks a lot to the instructors, coursera and to Vanderbilt University :):)

By Sonia L P C

Very good. The course is very interesting. This course provides important research tools, databases and data management and analysis. Thank you for the excellent classes and the valuable activities proposed by the teachers.

By Shota J

Apr 23, 2020

The course was extremely useful and valuable. The lecturers are great and explaining all materials on a very high level. I do recommend the course to all interested parties. Thank you so much for your great work.

By MIN-TZ W

Apr 12, 2021

It is a very useful course for me to start my entry-level experience. Thank you for providing this course and software to create clinical trial recording and survey. I learned a lot from this. Much appreciated.

By Yifeng Z

Apr 4, 2021

For me, it is a great course for those who are curious in Clinical Data Management, since it covers almost every aspects of the daily task of a clinical data manager in an introduction manner.

By Ruchita D

Dec 7, 2020

Instructors were very good. I actually enjoyed my learning. I really appreciate the efforts in building this course. Looking forward for more such relevant courses from Vanderbilt University.

By Neha P

Mar 23, 2021

The course is really good. It explains the basics in clinical trails and very well focuses on data management. Also it gives good hands on experience of data collection instruments.

By Purevsuren E

Nov 20, 2020

Instructors are professionals. The way they deliver knowledge/information is excellent (100% better than other courses on the internet). Hands-on experience on REDcap was the star.

By Mritunjay N

It was an enriching experience. the program was well organized. Instructors especially Mr. Harris and Ms. Duda were wonderful in conveying ideas. highly recommended.

By Michelle M L

Sep 24, 2020

Fantastic Course - broad range of sub topics that helped to drive overall understanding. The instructors were great. I was able to use information immediately.

By Deepika K K

It was a good learning experience, using the software RedCap as well designing surveys and questionnaire were totally new. The concepts were new and ineresting.

By SHROUTI R C

Aug 27, 2020

It was a very much effective course . This course will definitely help to improve skills in clinical data management field and will also help in career growth.

By Elizabeth I

Nov 29, 2020

I learnt so much in such a short time. I am particularly grateful for the opportunity to learn the REDCapp. Lectures were interesting and easy to understand.

By Lana H

Mar 11, 2021

Great overview and introduction to Clinical Data Management. Hands on exercises and final assignment using REDCap made me feel confident using the platform.

By Natalie D

Jul 17, 2020

A hands-on, practical course that does an excellent job of describing basic principles for data management for clinical research. Highly recommend!!!

By Christopher S

May 20, 2019

Great course. Useful, straightforward information. I enjoyed learning more about REDCap while learning best practices in Clinical Data Management.

By Kartikkumar R

Oct 31, 2018

Excellent content, very important who are working in any type of Clinical Trials or interested in any research which includes human participants.

By Sangavai G

Sep 11, 2017

It was a great oppurtunity for me to participate in this course.It is soo useful for having an Hands on experience with REDcap. Thank you team .

By KavyaPidaparthi

Oct 17, 2017

It was a very good course, with easily understandable material. The presenters made it easy for people from different countries to understand.