Back to Understanding Clinical Research: Behind the Statistics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Clinical Research: Behind the Statistics by University of Cape Town

If you’ve ever skipped over`the results section of a medical paper because terms like “confidence interval” or “p-value” go over your head, then you’re in the right place. You may be a clinical practitioner reading research articles to keep up-to-date with developments in your field or a medical student wondering how to approach your own research. Greater confidence in understanding statistical analysis and the results can benefit both working professionals and those undertaking research themselves. If you are simply interested in properly understanding the published literature or if you are embarking on conducting your own research, this course is your first step. It offers an easy entry into interpreting common statistical concepts without getting into nitty-gritty mathematical formulae. To be able to interpret and understand these concepts is the best way to start your journey into the world of clinical literature. That’s where this course comes in - so let’s get started! The course is free to enroll and take. You will be offered the option of purchasing a certificate of completion which you become eligible for, if you successfully complete the course requirements. This can be an excellent way of staying motivated! Financial Aid is also available....

AM
Dec 15, 2018

Klopper MD is a great teacher. There are other courses from another top universities about this topic, but I think this is my favourite. This the shortest in duration and most comprehensive among all.

LK
Jul 28, 2017

Great course!! it is gonna provide you a good foundation in clinical studies if you want to start your career in clinical research! Clear explanation and comprehensive case study! highly recommended!

251 - 275 of 667 Reviews for Understanding Clinical Research: Behind the Statistics

By Sibylle B

May 15, 2020

Great course which provides a deep and intuitive understanding of clinical research and its methodology without doing any mathematics.

By samridhi l

Jan 25, 2020

Most memorable and enjoyable course of my life. Worth to spend time on the course. Helpful in log-run. Brilliant teaching by Dr. Juan

By Claire Y C

May 6, 2016

It's amazing and very very helpful! I'll definately recommend this to my colleagues, classmates or those who just entered this field.

By suresh s m

Sep 20, 2020

It is a very simplified introduction to the basics of statistics. I enjoyed going through. I understood how to interpret an article.

By Ricardo g

Jul 5, 2020

I loved it, easy to read, great lessons and readings, everything has a perfect timeline in order you can learn this course properly!

By Ökkeş Z

Oct 15, 2019

This course is good for me, there is not a lot of mathematical analysis but we will want how to do statistics in clinical research.

By Mackvany C B B J

Sep 1, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and learned a lot! It is a good reference when you are starting something in research and statistics

By Isa v B H

May 1, 2020

Very clear and in small steps, perfect for a beginner in clinical research! Just the right amount of video lectures and readings.

By Emily S

Apr 6, 2020

This course thoroughly reviews the basic concepts of statistics that are required to understand the medical articles and studies.

By Maleeha M

Feb 27, 2018

Really love this module, it is very challenging and engaging, I feel that I have definitely learnt a lot from taking this course.

By Martín S H

Jan 21, 2018

It is an excellent course. It is easy to understand and, in truth, generates valuable and applicable knowledge in daily practice.

By Nicholas R

Mar 11, 2016

Great course. Very useful as it has translated to me running a cohort study in a major private hospital in Queensland, Australia.

By Faisal A A

Aug 2, 2020

One of the best MOOC. Great way to learn about statistics in research without being too involved in mathematical side of things.

By Yazhi ( L

Nov 19, 2017

Very comprehensive and systematic course for health care professionals who work with clinical trials and the related statistics.

By Samar S

Jun 18, 2017

It was a very helpful course, now I know which method I will use in my clinical research and also how to read others.

By Md H

Jul 29, 2020

This is the 1st course I ever tried on coursera and its amazing. Really helpful for preparing my dessetion and thesis ... :)

By Miki M

Feb 9, 2020

Thank you for providing the course. it was really helpful for me as a clinical study manager for post marketing surveillance.

By Ying G

Aug 6, 2020

Interesting and easy to follow-up. This course gives me a better understanding of how to read articles. Thank you, teacher!

By ALHARITH H E E

Mar 26, 2020

i enjoyed every moment and didn't feel any effort acquiring this huge amount of information and skills, thank juan klopper.

By Wayne F

Oct 29, 2018

An excellent course! I would recommend it to anyone interested in statistics or who needs to communicate with statisticians

By Lazaro A V

Apr 8, 2017

Un curso magnifico. Muy claro y explicito en la cual se aprende mucho siendo muy didáctico y entretenido. Muy recomendable

By Megha N

Jul 24, 2020

Such an excellent course. I thank the course instructor Dr.Juan Klopper for making this topic so simple and interesting.

By Jorge E A

Jul 26, 2018

Excellent introduction (or refresher) to statistics for the non-statistician! Dr. Koppler is a very compelling speaker!

By Obaida I

Dec 25, 2017

It is Very simple and useful. I recommend people who want to understand clinical research to begins with this course .

By Julia F

Jan 26, 2016

Totally comprehensible and a most interesting course even for people not involved in the medical profession. Thank you!