Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students by University of Pittsburgh

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

FB
Jan 1, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

ER
Apr 15, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.\n\nThis course is very useful for me as a medical product translator to get an understanding of the actual clinical environment.

176 - 200 of 569 Reviews for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

By Guman D

Jan 21, 2017

This course is great. I can totally understand how to communicate with each other in a US clinical unit.

By Khan F M R

Aug 28, 2020

Great course and time worth giving for this and compile of extensive knowledge of Clinical abbreviations.

By Natalia R

May 23, 2020

Good training to become more familiar with medical terminology and its real use in a medical environment

By Lawrence A B

May 9, 2020

great course. very complete and easy to finish in your own personal time at your own pace. I recommend it

By Joe Y

Feb 18, 2020

This course was very helpful for me to understand the terms and terminology used in the medical settings.

By Hoang P K

Nov 13, 2019

it helps me a lot to understand medical terms and read documents by english, help me expand my knowledge,

By yousef s w

Nov 23, 2020

amazing course and really help me very much and improving my knowledge and skills . thanks for all stuff

By Minh Q N

Jul 9, 2021

Great for beginner! I learned everything necessary for my further study in med-university <3 Love it!!

By Bui P L

Jul 13, 2020

the course is very interesting, I studied many terms and abbreviations about clinical unit.

thank a lot.

By I K

Oct 29, 2017

The excellent content of the course is given. The course will be useful for all international students

By Divya P

Jul 6, 2021

I honestly learned so much and feel more prepared for my journey through nursing school and as a nurse

By Anjali G

Sep 14, 2019

This course has helped me reinforce my medical terminologies and prepare me for my upcoming rotations.

By Giuseppe C

Jun 8, 2019

It is a very useful tool for learners who would approach working as a health care provider in the USA.

By Nydia L R

Jan 12, 2021

I enjoyed this course very much. It will help me reach my goal as a medical coder!

Thank you so much!

By Sharon G

Jul 11, 2020

I completely enjoyed this course. It is a short online course but very comprehensive and meaningful.

By Abigail C T T

Jun 21, 2021

A fairly practical course, it does not require a lot of time, but it contains a lot of terminology.

By Sevara

Oct 1, 2019

It was a great course experience to improve my medical terminology skills like an international MD.

By Sergey R

Sep 10, 2020

Thank you! It's very interesting course for all medicine people who want to expand their horizons!

By Voronkova O

Aug 3, 2020

Thanks! It was interest for me to knew the terms in english. I'll use it in my work with students.

By Redd K

Mar 9, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. This course gave me the confidence in understanding med terminology.

By Jean S D

Nov 13, 2020

It was a great experience and I want to have the certificate for this course ! What I have to do?

By Le H T

Mar 30, 2020

After taking this course, I can decode most of medical terms that US student used. Really helpful

By LAHEEB M

Jul 24, 2020

Thank you so much , this course help me alote to understand the difficult medical abbreviation

By Vivy

Oct 19, 2017

I am very satisfied and grateful for this course. Thank you so much for doing this online class.