Back to Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials by Johns Hopkins University

Clinical trials are experiments designed to evaluate new interventions to prevent or treat disease in humans. The interventions evaluated can be drugs, devices (e.g., hearing aid), surgeries, behavioral interventions (e.g., smoking cessation program), community health programs (e.g. cancer screening programs) or health delivery systems (e.g., special care units for hospital admissions). We consider clinical trials experiments because the investigators rather than the patients or their doctors select the treatment the patients receive. Results from randomized clinical trials are usually considered the highest level of evidence for determining whether a treatment is effective because trials incorporates features to ensure that evaluation of the benefits and risks of treatments are objective and unbiased. The FDA requires that drugs or biologics (e.g., vaccines) are shown to be effective in clinical trials before they can be sold in the US. The course will explain the basic principles for design of randomized clinical trials and how they should be reported. In the first part of the course, students will be introduced to terminology used in clinical trials and the several common designs used for clinical trials, such as parallel and cross-over designs. We will also explain some of the mechanics of clinical trials, like randomization and blinding of treatment. In the second half of the course, we will explain how clinical trials are analyzed and interpreted. Finally, we will review the essential ethical consideration involved in conducting experiments on people....

TS

Jul 04, 2018

High quality course ! covering important areas and detailed lectures, more and better than a mere introduction. Congrats ! My only regret : I'd have liked to hear more about NI and equivalence trials

OS

Sep 19, 2019

This course would be most useful to the participant if pursued within a short time-frame, of maximum of 6 weeks. Both lecturers were clear and good communicators. I would take more of their classes.

251 - 275 of 312 Reviews for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

By mariella b l c

Mar 27, 2019

I'm very pleased with the design and interpretation of clinical trials course. It is well constructed and the lectures are interesting and focused.

I recomnend this course for those who want to gain some knownledge about this subject.

By Nam N

Sep 19, 2019

This course provides me with valuable new knowledge about clinical trials. Although I had taught myself before, I still get various interesting points, e.g. types of trial designs, ITT analysis, etc. Thank you very much!

By Toni R

Jun 29, 2019

Maybe the tests are a bit easy, apart from that the lectures are well defined and cover in detail the topics related to the course. The example trials are very well selected to understand the information of the lectures.

By Chao W

Dec 08, 2017

Good explanations but the slides are quite static. When the lectuer refers something on the slide maybe they can consider also highlight on the slight, e.g. using animations, especially for complex tables?

By Nina H P

Oct 04, 2016

The powerpoints and audio lectures are very clear and concise, much appreciated. I would also appreciate more exercises or reading materials, to help solidify our understanding of the topics.

By MEENA R

Sep 20, 2016

The course clearly explains the concepts of clinical trials with great detail. The course was taught in a structured manner and helped me gain knowledge in this field.

By Rosina T

Feb 17, 2020

Very good course. I would prefer to have subtitles (in english or spanish) in every week, but the content was really good. I hope to learn more about clinical trials

By lingjing

May 28, 2019

Excellent classes for beginners in the clinical trials.I learnt about basic knowledge, design points and constitutive interpretation for different kinds of trials~

By Samuel K

Mar 04, 2018

Pitched at the right level as an introductory course. Having some exposure to clinical trials helps complete in a timely manner, but there's still a lot to learn

By Mohammed M A

Sep 22, 2016

Good course but I hope if there are readings after each video to improve the understanding of information with more simplifying the content of ethics lesson.

By Panagiotis A

Sep 22, 2017

The courses were well structured and included a lot of information. It would be more interesting if there were more participation in the discussion fora

By Sofía B T

Mar 08, 2018

I liked it a lot, but I believe that assignments were easy, so I didn't needed to pay too much atention to the lectures to pass them.

By tanujsapra

Jun 24, 2018

Good course for beginners. I would have liked it to be slightly longer - by a week or two - to cover more material. But still good.

By Xiomara G

Aug 26, 2019

This course was very interesting a little hard that I had to do optional lectures to understand better, I passed the evaluation.

By hussini

Jul 24, 2017

nice course .. excellent lecturer ... thanks very much i advice it for every one work in drug field especially in R&D department

By VICTOR P G

Apr 07, 2016

This course has really helped me in my understanding and appreciation of how research should be conducted.

By Sissilx

Jul 07, 2016

Basically good. As I want to know the practical guidance of how to conduct a RCT, this course is not sufficient .

By madhu s

Sep 12, 2017

great course to know the basic about to clinical trial design and ethics to follow during clinical trial

By Selen M

Oct 29, 2017

It was a nice introductory course to learn more about Clinical Trial Design subjects.

By Pablo R A R

Aug 02, 2017

Un curso muy agradable de entender incluso con un nivel de ingles intermedio

By Mohammad N E

Oct 07, 2017

I have attended this course and found it really helpful and simply presented.

By John W

Feb 10, 2018

Excellent course; lectures were clearly presented, and entertaining as well!

By Luisa C P S

Jul 04, 2018

The videos had very usefull information but were not visually atractive.

By Edgardo S C

Nov 12, 2016

An excellent course totally recomendable. Very clear and focused.

By Julio C G d A

Feb 18, 2019

Good course!

Useful lessons, not tiring.

I learned a lot about it!