Back to Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials by Johns Hopkins University

Clinical trials are experiments designed to evaluate new interventions to prevent or treat disease in humans. The interventions evaluated can be drugs, devices (e.g., hearing aid), surgeries, behavioral interventions (e.g., smoking cessation program), community health programs (e.g. cancer screening programs) or health delivery systems (e.g., special care units for hospital admissions). We consider clinical trials experiments because the investigators rather than the patients or their doctors select the treatment the patients receive. Results from randomized clinical trials are usually considered the highest level of evidence for determining whether a treatment is effective because trials incorporates features to ensure that evaluation of the benefits and risks of treatments are objective and unbiased. The FDA requires that drugs or biologics (e.g., vaccines) are shown to be effective in clinical trials before they can be sold in the US. The course will explain the basic principles for design of randomized clinical trials and how they should be reported. In the first part of the course, students will be introduced to terminology used in clinical trials and the several common designs used for clinical trials, such as parallel and cross-over designs. We will also explain some of the mechanics of clinical trials, like randomization and blinding of treatment. In the second half of the course, we will explain how clinical trials are analyzed and interpreted. Finally, we will review the essential ethical consideration involved in conducting experiments on people....

CC

Jun 05, 2020

I would highly recommend this course as I found it well-structured and helpful. After studying all the materials, I gained a great amount of knowledge in designing and interpretating clinical trail.

JQ

Oct 26, 2019

Excellent beginner course on design and interpretation of clinical trials, complements a lot of what I reviewed on my classes and I would like to take a more advanced course on the topic. Thank you.

251 - 275 of 468 Reviews for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

By Diana T G

Aug 22, 2020

Very informative and easy to follow lectures.

By Huy T

Jun 23, 2020

Good! I like this course! Thank you very much

By Ariel J A Z

Jul 04, 2017

Excelent for understand about clinical trial.

By Eman A

Jul 28, 2016

thanks alot for teaching us this great course

By Rosario G C M

Clear explanation all throughout the course!

By Jitendra S

Apr 23, 2020

Best course to know more about Key Points of

By sharvari a s

Nov 07, 2017

Loved the course, super helpful! Thank you.

By Ricardo A M O

Aug 06, 2017

A very good course. I highly recommend it!

By Dr. S C

Apr 22, 2018

Very informative course for the beginners

By MASIHUDDIN

Aug 12, 2020

Very Informative and Interesting Course.

By TarakaRamarao. C

Jul 30, 2020

Excellent course for practice clinically

By Ranganathan P

Jun 08, 2019

Excellent course, as usual from Stanford

By محمد ط م خ

Nov 08, 2016

well designed course and fair evaluation

By Emese B

Jun 01, 2016

Informative course also for clinicians!

By Herve M

Jul 13, 2020

I learned a lot about clinical trials!

By Vanessa P A

Jan 28, 2020

Amazing content, beautifuly explained.

By Petre M

Mar 21, 2019

Useful and interesting course for me.

By Ralph T

Oct 20, 2017

The course was engaging and on topic.

By Sally M A E

Oct 10, 2016

amazing and I have understand it tota

By Martha R M E

Sep 01, 2020

I learnt a lot, thank you very much!

By Vasudha R

Apr 27, 2020

Thank you for the detailed lectures.

By Kocfa C

Nov 14, 2016

Wonderful course, excellent content!

By Chukwuma O

Jun 25, 2020

Extremely useful, really well done!

By Cristina P

Apr 08, 2020

Very interesting and useful course.

By Mayank P

Oct 09, 2016

Thanks for such a wonderful course.