Back to Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials by Johns Hopkins University

Clinical trials are experiments designed to evaluate new interventions to prevent or treat disease in humans. The interventions evaluated can be drugs, devices (e.g., hearing aid), surgeries, behavioral interventions (e.g., smoking cessation program), community health programs (e.g. cancer screening programs) or health delivery systems (e.g., special care units for hospital admissions). We consider clinical trials experiments because the investigators rather than the patients or their doctors select the treatment the patients receive. Results from randomized clinical trials are usually considered the highest level of evidence for determining whether a treatment is effective because trials incorporates features to ensure that evaluation of the benefits and risks of treatments are objective and unbiased. The FDA requires that drugs or biologics (e.g., vaccines) are shown to be effective in clinical trials before they can be sold in the US. The course will explain the basic principles for design of randomized clinical trials and how they should be reported. In the first part of the course, students will be introduced to terminology used in clinical trials and the several common designs used for clinical trials, such as parallel and cross-over designs. We will also explain some of the mechanics of clinical trials, like randomization and blinding of treatment. In the second half of the course, we will explain how clinical trials are analyzed and interpreted. Finally, we will review the essential ethical consideration involved in conducting experiments on people....

JQ

Oct 26, 2019

Excellent beginner course on design and interpretation of clinical trials, complements a lot of what I reviewed on my classes and I would like to take a more advanced course on the topic. Thank you.

CC

Jun 05, 2020

I would highly recommend this course as I found it well-structured and helpful. After studying all the materials, I gained a great amount of knowledge in designing and interpretating clinical trail.

226 - 250 of 467 Reviews for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

By Jude C N

This was an excellent, well delivered course. Thank you.

By Ernest K

Aug 17, 2016

Great course. I am happy that I could participate.

Ernest

By Dr G K

Sep 03, 2020

Excellant presentation and crisp sharing of knowledge..

By Vinusha G

Aug 11, 2020

it was very helpful to learn Design and clinical trails

By Madhumitha A

Aug 03, 2020

thank you for these lectures, it was really very useful

By anahita e

Apr 21, 2020

Presented in an engaging and easy to understand format.

By Karo L

Oct 30, 2017

Great course! Lots of useful knowledge and real cases.

By Michael V C

Aug 18, 2017

Excellent learning resource! Thanks JHU and coursera!

By Leonardo Z

Dec 27, 2016

I learned so much and am excited to take more classes

By Annette A

May 30, 2016

Intresting and informative course for design of clini

By Dr. M P P

Jul 02, 2020

Great course, every minute and penny spent is worth

By Malgorzata M

Jan 29, 2017

Great time, I've learned a lot of new informations.

By Alejandro H G

Excellent course on the basics of clinical trials!

By Ines L

Jun 27, 2018

very easy to follow and super useful in real life.

By Ruchika P C

Apr 25, 2020

really like the course, looking forward for more

By Tahir H

Jan 12, 2020

Nice information and happy to enroll this course

By paul s

Aug 16, 2018

they made a complex course simple to understand.

By Ting-Chun L

Jun 26, 2018

Very helpful! Especially for me as an oncologist

By Carina M

Feb 11, 2018

A lot of information about the topic. I like it.

By Neeraj B

Sep 12, 2020

Very good and educational course. Learnt a lot

By Syed M S

Aug 28, 2020

Very informative, Adaptable and Succint course

By Otavio B

Nov 28, 2016

Excellent and very useful course! I recommend!

By Rose C

May 11, 2016

深入淺出, 邏輯清晰 且 補充資料完善

有望未來再參與該學院的課程!

bonus: 聲音甜美 ~

By Matheus S V

Sep 08, 2020

Awesome lecture! I'm really glad I took part!

By Diana T G

Aug 22, 2020

Very informative and easy to follow lectures.