Back to Essentials in Clinical Simulations Across the Health Professions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Essentials in Clinical Simulations Across the Health Professions by The George Washington University

This 7-week course provides you with key strategies to help understand the foundation of Clinical Simulations. During each module, you will learn about 7 key components of Clinical Simulation Across the Health Professions and its' impact in your current position as a healthcare professional. Please utilize all of the Resources provided by each of the modules to support and enhance your understanding of each concept. You will learn about the following topics in this course: Module 1: Getting Started in Clinical Simulation-the Fundamentals Module 2: INACSL Standards of Best Practice: Simulation Module 3: Implementing Simulation in the Curriculum Module 4: Developing a Simulation Center Module 5: Basics of Debriefing in Simulation Module 6: Evaluation Methods in Simulation Module 7: SPs in Simulation About The George Washington University School of Nursing Ranked among the top nursing schools by U.S. News & World Report, the George Washington University School of Nursing educates and inspires nurses to provide high-quality, compassionate person-centered health care. The school develops leaders actively engaged in health promotion, patient advocacy and healthcare innovation, and prepares exceptional nurse educators who pursue quality and advance the profession. The School of Nursing is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of people and communities locally, nationally and globally. The school values lifelong learning and its students advance nursing practice, leadership and education as they make a difference in the world. For more in-depth simulation education, please see the GW Nursing Simulation Initiatives. https://nursing.gwu.edu/gw-nursing-simulation-initiatives...

SG
Aug 8, 2019

This was a great course to familiarize myself to the process of simulation. I appreciate all the details and components of the process that help to make simulation such a great learning methodology.

RW
Jan 19, 2020

I found the course easy to follow and fit in to a busy work schedule. It gave me insight in how to incorporate simulation into my teaching and the importance of following standards of best practice.

51 - 75 of 188 Reviews for Essentials in Clinical Simulations Across the Health Professions

By Rhena W

Jan 20, 2020

By Kathleen M D

Feb 24, 2021

Excellent course with relevant content, great advice on managing simulation programs, and thoughtful questions to make the student think about how best to implement evidence-based simulation.

By Dr V B

Sep 2, 2020

It is a great experience to be a part of this course. All the sessions are made with perfection, and the participants can feel, as if the sessions are being conducted live

By Cynthia F

May 9, 2020

This course was very thorough but basic enough for a beginner to understand. I enjoyed it. It gave me a lot to reflect upon concerning our simulation program. Thank you!

By Shirley W B

Jun 7, 2020

This was a very informative course on clinical simulation. The SP was the most difficult, having no experience. I hope this would be a long-range goal for our program.

By Jennifer E S

Provides great resources and information essential to simulation. I recommend all faculty involved in simulation participate in the self-paced education opportunity.

By Tamara M

Jun 19, 2020

This was an excellent course I learned so much about simulation and improvements that I need to make in my practice. Thank you so much for the opportunity to learn!

By Susan H

May 7, 2020

Wonderful presentation with an abundance of information that I will be able to utilize as we build our simulation center! I am very thankful for this opportunity!

By Ami B

Jan 12, 2020

An excellent course for healthcare simulation educators! This course provides so many resources and ideas for development and improvement of simulation centers.

By Ashley M B

Nov 3, 2020

I learned so much. Simulations practice could be done with healthcare or business. I cant wait to add this to my resume for job opportunity. Thanks a lot!!!!

By colleen m

Very Informative and thought provoking. In one module, unable to access simulation links which made that content difficult to review. Otherwise useful course.

By Catalina I R

Feb 4, 2021

Excellent guide to develop a simulation program, from beginners to advanced. Excellent and highly capable speakers. Thanks for the opportunity to meet them.

By Pamela R

Jul 26, 2020

Thank you for this opportunity. This a very effective course in Simulation--comprehensive and valuable for both novice and experienced Simulation Educators.

By Catherine C

Jan 17, 2021

This course is outstanding! The pace was just right. And the presenters were experts in the field as well as their own topic of interest. Very well done!

By Jennifer Y

Oct 29, 2020

Some areas were a review for me; other reinforcement; and many other areas new information. Courses were well presented. I highly recommend this course.

By Katherine M

Dec 18, 2020

This course was excellent. I can't believe that I was able to take it for free. I wish there were more courses like this for healthcare educators.

By Carla W

Sep 20, 2020

This class was my introduction to Clinical Simulation and now I am hooked!

Thank you for the excellent presentations and for sharing your expertise!

By Tammy R

Mar 24, 2020

This course is a great way to implement a simulation program within your university. It includes everything you need to know from start to finish.

By Angela M S

Feb 3, 2021

This course validated my practice. It also allowed me to delve even more into the critical components of enhancing a simulation center and area.

By Mabel M

Dec 25, 2019

Excellent course. It covered the basics and more in simulation. I am a classroom professor, so Simulation in this manner was new to me.

By Kamov

Sep 22, 2020

Very very structured course and well pedagogically designed.

Thank you so much dear Professors for this excellent learning oppurtunity

By Ranjeet S

Feb 13, 2021

Very informative and helpful for healthcare professionals who are beginners in simulation and conveyed its importance in healthcare.

By Karen L G

Sep 9, 2020

Excellent delivery of content with brief videos, knowledge checks, and quizzes. Appreciate hearing from experts in the field.

By Kathryn P

Jun 2, 2020

This was an excellent course as I was preparing to initiate simulation into the PNP/FNP programs at our School of Nursing

By V K R N

Sep 22, 2020

Excellent and very informative course. The module on "Standardized Patient" and "Debriefing " were covered elaborately .